Our First Date

The Identity I Never Knew

 

Donghae woke up after being out for a day and a half. She let her eyes wander around. 'I'm in a hospital' she concluded. Her eyesight landed on the figure sleeping beside her. He was sleeping with his head rested comfortably on the chair. He was drooling but Donghae doesn't mind. She thought for a moment how handsome the sleeping figure is. Then it hit her. She forcefully yanked her hand away, successfully waking the sleeping man. 

 
Eunhyuk groaned before sitting up straight. "Hey Donghae. How are you feeling?" He rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up.
 
"What are you doing here?" Donghae asked sternly. She glared at the sleepy Eunhyuk.
 
Eunhyuk sighed. "I think you would be lonely if you woke up alone so I stayed. Heechul and the others still have some things to attend to" he replied comfortingly.
 
"Just because you're here doesn't mean I am willing to marry you" she said coldly.
 
"That's actually another reason why I'm here with you right now" he took some papers out of the drawer and handed them out to Donghae "Where did you get this?" 
 
"That's none of your business" she crumpled the papers in her hand.
 
"It is actually. My name is written there, so that makes it my business" he said calmy. Donghae continued glaring at him. He sighed again "I called my father to confirm if he ever tried to arrange my marriage in the past and he said no" Donghae blinked at him in confusion. Eunhyuk chuckled at the sight. "You look like a fish you know that?"
 
Donghae pouted "Am not!" He pinched her cheeks and she blushed. 
 
"FISHY!!" Heechul yelled as she opened the door. "How are you? Omo!! Why are you so red? Do you have a fever?" Donghae blushed even more as the others entered the room.
 
"What are you doing here? You still have classes" Eunhyuk said tiredly.
 
"You forgot that we're members of Stars" Kyuhyun mocked. Eunhyuk and Sungmin rolled their eyes. 'Psh! There goes his ego again' they both thought.
 
"Hey. I heard from the doctor that you can go out once you wake up. Should I call him right now?" Hankyung asked. Donghae eyed Heechul and Hankyung's hand and tilted her head in confusion.
 
Heechul saw where Donghae was staring and immediately pulled away. "I'll call him" she ran out the door covering her blushing face.
 
"Are you two together?" Dongahe asked innocently.
 
"I hope so. She's too stubborn" Hankyung sighed.
 
"She likes you. It's pretty damn obvious" Eunhyuk stretched his body as his yawned. Everyone nodded in agreement. 
 
"Just be patient with her and she'll come around. She's diva-ish but she's never fell in love before" Leeteuk said as he patted the chinaman in the shoulder.
 
"She may not look like it but she's sensitive. Very sensitive" Donghae emphasized the word very. 
 
"How would you know noona?" Kyuhyun inquired amusedly.
 
"I know love when I saw one" she answered proudly. Sungmin scoffed in disbelief. The doctor entered the room with Heechul following behind. She stopped beside Eunhyuk, who was on the otherside of Hankyung.
 
"So Ms. Lee, how are you feeling?" the doctor who was probably on her mid-30's asked as she check Donghae's records. 
 
"I'm feeling fine. Can I go home now?" she reached for Heechul's hand and held it gently. Heechul just smiled at the gesture.
 
The doctor placed the record down and smiled "Yes, you can go now. Be careful from now on ok?" Donghae nodded. Everyone bowed at the doctor as she left the room. 
 
"By the way, where's Yesung oppa?" Donghae gets up from the bed and looked at everyone.
 
The door to the bathroom opened revealing an exhausted Yesung "I'm here"
 
"What happened to you?" Leeteuk gave her some clothes she can change into.
 
"Just... tired" Yesung sat down on the sofa beside Hankyung and placed his head on his shoulder.
 
Hankyung widened his eyes at the gesture but wondered immediately. He instinctively placed a hand on his forehead. "He's got fever"
 
"No I don't. I just haven't drank my coffee yet. Don't worry about me" Yesung closed his eyes and was instantly in dreamland.
 
Dongahe stepped out of the bathroom giddily "I wanna go home now!" Everyone nodded except Hankyung and Heechul.
 
"I'll take him home" Heechul suggested as she walked towards Yesung.
 
Hankyung lifted Yesung, while the other man stirred by the sudden movement but didn't wake up. "I'm coming with you. I really think that he's got fever" Heechul nodded in understanding and left the room before everyone does.
 
"What happened to him?" Donghae asked.
 
"Yesung's tired that's all. Let's get you home now" Leeteuk patted her shoulder as they went out of the room.
 
A stomach growled when they reached the parking lot. "Whose stomach was that?" Kyuhyun tried to suppress his laughter.
 
"Mine" Eunhyuk raised a hand "I haven't eaten anything yet. Let's grab some lunch first?"
 
A smirk crept from Kyuhyun's face and he eyed everyone that's present except for Donghae. They seem to understand what he was thinking and they all nodded in agreement. "We should be heading to school now. We can't afford to miss out another one. You and Donghae-noona should go though. I bet she's hungry too"
 
"No I'm not! I'm perfectly-" her stomach grumbled "hungry" Kyuhyun laughed loudly followed by Sungmin, Leeteuk, Kangin and Eunhyuk. "That is so not funny!" she blushed furiously. 
 
"Let's just go! Study well everyone!" Eunhyuk waved at the crowd and pulled the still blushing Donghae towards his car.
 
"Have a nice date!" Sungmin teased making the two blush even more.
 
"Shut it Sungmin!" Donghae yelled.
 
"They look so good together. But my bet is still with Hyukjae" Sungmin mused. Kyuhyun chuckled.
 
Eunhyuk's car sped away leaving the others. "So what do you want to eat?" he asked.
 
"Anything" she answered simply.
 
"Are you sure you're alright now? Do you want me to go back to the hospital?" Eunhyuk glanced at Donghae worriedly. 
 
She shook her head "I'm fine. I'm just really hungry" she gave him a reassuring smile before looking out again in the window. 
 
Eunhyuk took Donghae's hand and held it gently. The latter was a little taken a back but didn't pull her hand away. She looked at Eunhyuk but the latter was concentrating on driving. She smiled and looked back at the window while she intertwined her fingers with his. He widened his eyes and couldn't help as a smile formed on his mouth. 
 
"Let's eat here" he pulled over a restaurant. He reluctantly let go of her hand and hopped off his car. 
 
Donghae looked at the her hand and silently wished that he held her hand longer. 'I shouldn't be thinking that way' she mentally slapped herself. Eunhyuk opened the door for her with a smile on his face. He closed the door and held Donghae's hand again. She blushed again.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Table for two?" the waitress asked. Eunhyuk nodded and smiled at me. "This way sir" she gestured for us to follow her. He tugged my hand and we walked towards our table. When we were already seated I can't help but fidget in my seat. 
 
"What's wrong?" He asked me. I really want him to stop worrying about me. I'm fine really. I'm just... nervous. Why am I nervous anyway? I'm just gonna have lunch with him right? I looked up at him. He's geniunely worried about me. I smiled at him "I'm fine, really. You need to stop worrying about me you know" He smiled his gummy smile. 
 
"You look handsome when you smile. You should do that more often" Did I just say that?! He was surely surprised but nonetheless gained back his composure and smiled again. Not his gummy smile but a gentle smile.
 
"Thank you. But that compliment goes to you too. You should smile more often. You look angelic when you do" And I think I just died. Amen.
 
I couldn't look at him in the eye after that. I feel really embarrased by the thought but of course, there's that stomach thingy. I think that's what they call butterflies in the stomach? I don't really know. 
 
"Would you like some dessert?" Eunhyuk asked. I bluxhed when I caught him staring at me. And since I don't trust my voice, I just nodded. "What would you like then?" He handed me the menu and I spotted the chocolate mousse cake which is my favorite. (All I know is that he likes chocolate)
 
"Chocolate smoothie!" I said a little bit enthusiastically. He nodded and the waitress came back again. 
 
"One chocolate smoothie and a strawberry smoothie please" he returned the menu to the waitress and she left. I saw him smiling at me so I looked away yet again. "Why are you always looking away? Is there something interesting with the wall?" I feel like all the blood rushed towards my face. I shook my head in response. He chuckled. I pouted. "Why are you pouting?"
 
"Because you always laugh at me" I answered. But before he could say anything, our orders arrived. He sipped from his drink and I stared at him. He looked really happy when he's drinking the strawberry smoothie. "You love smoothies?" I inquired.
 
"Nope. I love strawberries" he said and flashed me another gummy smile. I smiled at his childish act. Somehow, he eats or rather drinks like a five-year old, MESSY.
 
"Hey, you have something on your face" I told him. 
 
He raised an eyebrow "Where?" he tried searching for it using his tounge. And here I thought I was the childish one. 
 
I wiped the dirt on his cheek with a napkin and smiled at him "There. It's gone now" 
 
After eating the dessert, we went out and walked around the area. I suddenly remembered Hyukjae because this is also the area where we went to together with the Kyumin couple. I had a good time though I don't really remember what we talked about. Hours later we were walking on the beach barefooted. 
 
"You know why I love sunsets?" I shook my head "It's because it's more colorful than the sunrise. I always think that it's ironic how beginnings are dull while endings are colorful" He stopped and sat down on the sand and stared at the setting sun. I sat down beside him.
 
"My mom left me when I was a kid. I was about 10 years old then. I didn't know any better of course. I thought she was just going out with her friends but I was wrong. She left me and my dad because she wants to find herself. A week later, we found out that she's dead" I gasped "She was murdered by a friend of her friend. The guy was deemed a psychopath and a murderer on the lose"
 
"I'm sorry" I mumbled.
 
"The funny thing is, I didn't even shed any tears for her. It's like, she never really existed. I even questioned myself if I even loved her. But then I realized that I do" he paused for a moment "I met this person and when I needed her the most, she was there. She came back when she told me she will. She kept her word. I thought I was abandoned again but she proved me wrong. I was in the infirmary one time and she returned. She stayed by my side and she defended me. I still love her up until now" 
 
I feel a pang on my chest. I should've known that he was already in love with someone else. "That girl is lucky to receive love from you" I'm surprised that my voice didn't crack. 
 
"I'm the lucky one. To have met a girl like her. But I feel bad for decieving her" Decieving her? "I'm hiding my real identity to her. Or rather, she knew me as a different person" He has another identity?! 
 
"If you're asking if I have another identity, the answer is yes. The one I made up. I want to live normally. I've been living in lies that money and fame brought. I don't want that anymore" I nodded. Not really understanding what he's talking about. A cold breeze blew and I shivered.
 
"Let's get you home. It's getting pretty cold here" He stood up and offered his hand. We walked towards the car with our hands intertwined.I should feel guilty though. I'm taking advantage of his kindness.
 
A/N: i did not edit this!!!! T.T please forgive me? i'm too sleepy to do it.. anyway, here's chapter 17 for you! 
the story is near its end (sadly)
thank you to @funsize92 and @colorfulsmyname for always commenting! :))
have fun everyone!