Replacement

Replacement

Jung Su was sitting in the meeting room, waiting for his visitor. Thirty minutes had passed but his visitor still hadn’t show up. Jung Su started to become impatient. Just when he decided to leave the meeting room, his visitor walked into the meeting room.

“Why did you want to see me?” Jin Woon questioned him.

“I just want you to have a look at this,” Jung Su passed Jin Woon an envelope.

“For what?” Jin Woon asked.

“After you have a look, then you’ll know,” Jung Su said and walked out from the meeting room.

Jin Woon opened the envelope. Photos are coming out from the envelope. A stack of papers were in the envelope as well. Jin Woon’s face started to turn pale when he flipped through the stack of papers. He had his suspicions but he never make a confirmation. Now, the truth lies right in front of him. How ironic is it that he has been living a life full of lies all these years. He kept everything back into the envelope and left the meeting room. Jung Su saw him left. He hoped that Jin Woon wouldn’t do anything reckless after knowing the truth.

Jin Woon has been dialling Ji Yeon’s phone number since he left Jung Su’s company. He needed to talk to her immediately, face to face. He wanted to know the truth. But Ji Yeon never answers the call. He rushed to the hotel but was informed that she had already checked out her room. However, she left him a letter. Jin Woon opened the letter and read it in the lobby, ignoring the people walking passed him.

‘Jin Woon, this is the last time I call your name. We first met when I was four. I can’t believe I had fallen in love with you since then. When you told me that you are dating, you didn’t know how much it hurt for me to learn the fact that you could never belong to me. Five years ago, I made that one silly decision to keep you beside me. But, even if we spent those five years together, I could never walk into your heart.

I know you will hate me for what I had done to you but if I could turn back the time, I would still do the same thing because that’s the only way I could stay beside you. I’m letting you go now. Jung Su oppa isn’t the one who should be guilty. I’m the one that should be. Chase after your loved one. I won’t show up in front of you anymore, I promise.

Saranghae, mianhae.’

For a while, Jin Woon forgot how to breathe. He never expects that this is how Ji Yeon would say goodbye to him. Or worst, he never thinks that she would leave him someday. Jin Woon took a taxi and rushed to the airport to look for her. But Ji Yeon is nowhere to be seen.

‘No, you’re not leaving me like this. No way.’

***********************************************************************************************

Jung Su waited for So Ra outside the café. He smiled at her when she walked out from the café after her shift ended. Jung Su placed his arm around her waist and pulled her closer towards him. He planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He is happy, So Ra could tell. Everything had come to an end. He used the evidences he had to fight back those rumours. Jin Woon on the other hand had left the country after they had a family dinner two days ago. Their misunderstanding came to an end.

“What are you going to do now?” Jung Su asked him when both of them went for a small walk in the garden.

“I’ll find her,” Jin Woon told him.

“Will you forgive her?” Jung Su looked at Jin Woon.

“Will you forgive me for what I had done?” Jin Woon questioned him.

“I will,” Jung Su smiled at him.

“Me too,” Jin Woon responded.

Jung Su let go of So Ra and opened the door for her. Both of them headed to a restaurant to have their dinner. Jae Joong smiled when he saw what happened between both of them from the café’s window.

‘Stay happy like this forever.’