Replacement

Replacement

Jung Su looked at the stack of papers Hee Chul gave him. Hee Chul sat opposite to him and drank his mocha while he waited for Jung Su to finish looking at those papers. 

“Park Ji Yeon?” Jung Su looked at a photo of Jin Woon with Ji Yeon.

“Jin Woon is with her all these years,” Hee Chul told Jung Su. “Do you know her?”

“She is Jin Woon’s childhood friend,” Jung Su replied. 

“Do you ever talk to her?” Hee Chul asked.

“I know what you are thinking,” Jung Su looked at Hee Chul. “But I don’t think she would do this kind of thing.”

“You ever know how crazy a person can be when they want something badly,” Hee Chul responded.

Jung Su didn’t say anything to respond to Hee Chul’s words. He just looked at the photo in his hand. If what Hee Chul thought is the truth, how hurtful would it be if it is revealed? 

***********************************************************************************************
“You must be kidding,” She said in a trembling voice.

“Ji Yeon, I want her back,” Jin Woon repeated his words.

“Jung Jin Woon!” Ji Yeon yelled at him. “What am I to you? A tool for revenge? A tool to get her back? I’m the one beside you all these years! Not Kang So Ra! She doesn’t love you anymore!”

“She will fall for me again when we are together,” Jin Woon said. But he wasn’t confident at all. He could feel the affection between Jung Su and So Ra. He knew So Ra would stay for Jung Su no matter what. Is he too late?

“No! She won’t!” Ji Yeon screamed. Jin Woon didn’t say anything else but left the room. Ji Yeon’s tears started streaming down her face. “Why can’t you put your eyes on me? I love you, Jin Woon. I love you…”

***********************************************************************************************
So Ra was preparing the drink ordered by the customers when Ji Yeon showed up. Ji Yeon stared at her for a long while before she looked up and met her gaze. So Ra knew about Ji Yeon. Jin Woon introduced Ji Yeon to her after they dated for a while. That was the first and last time she saw Ji Yeon. 

“Can we talk for a moment?” Ji Yeon questioned her.

“Wait for me for a while,” So Ra responded and whispered to Ailee who is serving the customer.

Both of them walked to the park not far away from café. They sat down beside each other for a long while before So Ra broke the silence.

“What did you want to talk to me?” So Ra asked.

“About Jin Woon,” Ji Yeon looked up into the sky. “I first met Jin Woon when I was four. Even after his mother remarried, we still kept in touch. I first realised that I fall in love with him when I was in middle school. But I didn’t have the courage to confess. If only I was brave enough back then, he wouldn’t have met you. You don’t know how much I envied you because you could stand beside him, holding his hand tightly. You are lucky to have him.”

“It’s over now,” So Ra told her.

“It’s not. He still loves you. Even after these five years, he still loves you,” Ji Yeon said. “Why he never look at me? Why didn’t he fall in love with me after everything I did for him?”

So Ra looked at Ji Yeon. She didn’t know why but she felt bad for Ji Yeon at this moment. If she never falls in love with Jin Woon, Ji Yeon would be with him. But if it wasn’t because of Jin Woon, she wouldn’t have met Jung Su.

‘Why do we have to face this?’