Replacement

Replacement

Jung Su clenched his fists as he watched the news reported on the television. The rumour which recently caused troubles to his company just ended and now another rumour is spread. As much as Jung Su tried to stay calm, it is still hard to control his anger. He reached out for the glass of red wine on the table and threw it onto the television.

So Ra was shocked to see this when she came back. She just heard the news from Ailee when she was on her way home. She understood how angry Jung Su was for being misunderstood and accused for things he never does. She walked to his back and hugged him, trying to comfort him.

“I’m sorry to let you see this happening,” Jung Su spoke.

“Oppa, it’s okay, let’s face this together,” So Ra told him. “There must be something we can do.”

Jung Su did have evidences to fight back against those rumours. Indeed, he has stronger evidence that could bring down Jin Woon. But once he revealed the truth to Jin Woon, he might not be able to handle it. Jung Su wanted to end this with the minimal harm, after all, he still sees Jin Woon as his little brother.

“Don’t worry,” Jung Su smiled and ruffled So Ra’s hair. “Are you hungry? I’ll go make dinner.”

“Okay,” So Ra smiled back at him.

***********************************************************************************************

Jin Woon was standing in front of the window when Ji Yeon came in. She walked towards him and hugged him from the back. But he took down her hands ruthlessly and walked towards the bar in the room and poured himself a glass of whiskey. Ji Yeon bitted her lower lip. No matter how hard she tried, she could never walk into his heart. No matter how much she did for him, he still couldn’t see her.

“When are we going back?” Ji Yeon asked Jin Woon.

“I’m not leaving,” Jin Woon replied. “I’ll book a ticket for you. You’re leaving this weekend.”

“I don’t want to leave you,” Ji Yeon responded.

“Don’t think that I don’t know what you did behind my back,” Jin Woon looked at her and smirked. “You talked to So Ra, didn’t you?”

“Give up on her Jin Woon. She loves Park Jung Su now, not you anymore,” Ji Yeon said.

“Shut up!” Jin Woon stared at her. “Whatever happens between me and So Ra is none of your business.”

“I just wanted to let you understand!” Ji Yeon yelled at him. Enough. She had it enough! Five years, she is willing to do anything for him even though he hurt her. Why is he doing this to her? Didn’t she try hard enough? Why is it that he is doing everything to hurt her? Does he hate herself that much? If she leaves, would he miss her even for a while? The conclusion she had is no.

Jin Woon frowned when Ji Yeon yelled at him. For a second, he hated himself for being so cold-hearted towards her. For a second, he saw the sadness and disappointment on her face. Why does his heart feel pain when he saw those expressions on her face?

Ji Yeon didn’t say anything else but left the room. For a while, Jin Woon felt that something important in his heart had left. It felt like he could never have it back again.

‘This is the end between us.’

***********************************************************************************************

So Ra broke the third glass today. Jae Bum and Ailee looked at each other and walked to her side.

“So Ra, are you okay?” Jae Bum asked her.

“Sorry, I was thinking about something else. I will clean it up,” So Ra responded and walked into the kitchen to take the broom to sweep the broken glass on the floor.

Jae Joong was chatting to an old customer when this small incident happened. He knew about what happened to Jung Su from Hee Chul. He wondered when these all could end. They are brothers, even though not blood-related, but they are still a family. No one would feel happy hurting their family. Hopefully this could come to an end soon.