Replacement

Replacement

Kang So Ra sat down at the seaside, she caressed the bracelet on her left hand. It has been three years since he left her but there wasn’t a day went by without missing him. When all the memories they had filled her mind, she let herself cried. She didn’t know that someone was watching her from a distance. 

‘So Ra, what can I do to minimise your pain? What can I do to cheer you up?’ 

***********************************************************************************************

So Ra walked into the café named ‘Wonderland’ where she works as a barista. She put on the apron and tied her hair into a ponytail. She smiled at her co-workers, Jae Bum and Ailee who were walking into the café chatting happily with each other. 

“Morning,” Ailee gave So Ra a big hug before started her work of the day. “Where’s boss?” 

“In the kitchen,” So Ra wiped the working table while replying Ailee. 

Jae Bum helped So Ra to clean the café before they started today’s business. At ten o’clock, Jae Bum hung the board with today’s special menu written on it on the door so that the customers would know what the café is selling today. Jae Bum and Ailee started serving the customers who walked into the café while So Ra prepared the orders made by the customers. 

“Hi, can I have a cup of latte and a piece of marble cheesecake?” Park Jung Su asked So Ra who was busy making coffee. 

“Yes sure but you have to wait for fifteen minutes,” So Ra smiled at Jung Su apologetically and then continued her work. 

Jung Su sat down at an empty table not so far away from the counter. This is the first time he stepped into ‘Wonderland’. And the reason why he is here is because of So Ra. He looked at her while she prepared the coffee and desserts ordered by the customers. Fifteen minutes later, Jae Bum placed a cup of latte and a piece of marble cheesecake on the table Jung Su was at. 

“Is your boss around?” Jung Su asked Jae Bum. 

“Yes,” Jae Bum didn’t know why Jung Su looked for his boss but still replied him. 

“Tell him Park Jung Su is here,” Jung Su told Jae Bum but his sight never moves away from So Ra. 

Jae Bum walked into the kitchen and a man walked out of the kitchen with him. The man spoke to So Ra before walked towards the table Jung Su was at. 

“Finally willing to come back?” The man asked sarcastically. 

“Jae Joong,” Jung Su smiled at Kim Jae Joong, the owner of ‘Wonderland’ and also the younger brother of Jung Su’s best friend, Kim Hee Chul. 

“Does Hee Chul hyung know that you came back?” Jae Joong asked Jung Su. 

“I haven’t paid him a visit yet,” Jung Su replied and then looked at So Ra again. 

“Everything is fine,” Jae Joong knew about Jung Su’s concern when he realised Jung Su was looking at So Ra. 

“Thank you,” Jung Su told Jae Joong. 

“Don’t thank me too soon,” Jae Joong responded. “Give Hee Chul hyung a call. Though he never says but he does worry about you.” 

“I will,” Jung Su said. Jung Su stood up from the chair and gave Jae Joong a hug before leaving. He took a quick glance at So Ra and left the café. Jae Joong didn’t say anything but sighed and then went back into the kitchen.