Replacement

Replacement

He stood there, watching her walking closer towards him. Just few more steps and he would hold her hand, announcing to the whole world that this woman belongs to her and he would love her forever.

Today is Jung Su and So Ra’s big day. They didn’t hold the wedding at a hotel hall but at a garden. A total of sixty guests attended the wedding ceremony. Jung Su wore a white tuxedo. He welcomed the guests by himself. So Ra was getting ready in the waiting room.

“Nervous?” Ailee asked So Ra.

So Ra smiled in respond to her question. Who wouldn’t be nervous on their wedding days?

As the clock struck ten, the wedding song is being played by the pianist invited. Jung Su walked towards the small stage where the priest is waiting for them. After Jung Su stood in place, So Ra walked into the garden. Her wedding dress is not the typical long dress but a knee-length wedding dress. Her hair is tied into a bun with a mini crown placed on it. Her bridal bouquet is stephanotis arranged in a tiny round-bell like.

The guests stood up and clapped their hands as So Ra walked towards Jung Su. Both of them could only see each other at this moment. No words could explain their feelings now. Jung Su smiled at So Ra. After today, he could proudly tell everyone that So Ra is his wife. The day he waited for so long finally came.

Jung Su reached out his hand to hold So Ra’s hand. So Ra placed her hand in his and both of them turned to look at the priest. The guests sat down and waited for the ceremony to begin. Words by words, they read the vow as being told by the priest.

Yes, I do. I will love you, in good health and sickness. I will love you, and it doesn’t matter whether you are rich or poor, for I love who you truly are. Thank you for loving my goods and accepting my bad. Let’s continue our love till the day our hairs turn grey and us being surrounded by our children and grandchildren. Let me stay by your side when it’s your last day. Don’t be afraid because I will follow you, never leaving you alone.

“And now I declare you as husband and wife,” As the priest spoke, they exchanged their rings.

Under the bright sky, with the blessings of their families and friends, they kissed each other. Food was being placed on the tables being set up on the other side of the garden. Hee Chul raised his toast and led the others to congratulate the couple.

“Chukahae!” They all shouted at the same time.

“Komawo,” Jung Su and So Ra responded together.

After the wedding ceremony, the couple went back to their house. So Ra changed her wedding dress into comfortable jumper and shorts. She then threw herself onto the bed. She would never want to experience this again. It is tiring, especially after wearing heels for four hours. Jung Su smiled and helped her massaged her body to help her relax. Soon, he realised that So Ra had fallen asleep. He left the bedroom quietly and went into the kitchen.

So Ra woke up because of the scent of food. She walked out from the bedroom and found Jung Su setting the dining table. Jung Su turned around when he heard footsteps. He pulled out the chair and invited So Ra to sit down. Then, he went into the kitchen and took out two plates of steak. He also poured both of them a glass of red wine.

“Cheers,” Jung Su raised his toast.

“For our wedding,” So Ra followed after him.

After they ate the dinner, they cuddled up in the sofa to watch a movie together.

“Oppa, thank you for marrying me,” So Ra told Jung Su halfway during the movie.

“Those should be my words,” Jung Su planted a soft kiss on So Ra’s forehead. “Thank you for accepting my love.”

‘Meeting the right person at the right time is all that matters. There are peaks and valleys in life but I’m not afraid anymore because I have you. Kang So Ra, from now on, let me protect you and love you. In this marriage, there is nothing you need to worry about. All you have to do is accept my love.’

‘Promise me, no matter what happens in the future, you won’t back off or quit. I will give you strength and be there for you. Let’s grow old together. Oppa, saranghae.’ 

A/N: And this marks the end of 'Replacement'. First of, I would like to apologise for taking a long while before updating this story with its final chapter. I've been really busy with all the university staffs and my final starts on this Saturday, 13th of June. Please pray for me. Second of, I would like to thank all of you for reading 'Replacement' and leaving comments which really give me strength to work on it. Thank you so much! Lastly, the new Teuksora fanfic will be posted after my final, most likely to be on 25th of June. If not, by July. Have a good day ahead and enjoy reading.