Replacement

Replacement

So Ra didn’t expect to see Jung Su standing next to his car when she was leaving the house to work. She thought that after their meeting last night, they won’t be seeing each other anymore. But Jung Su is standing right in front of her.

“Morning,” Jung Su smiled at So Ra.

“Morning,” So Ra greeted him back. “What are you doing here?”

“To send you to your workplace,” Jung Su answered.

“Why?” So Ra asked.

“I just think that I should take care of you for Jin Woon’s sake,” Jung Su told her.

“You don’t have to do this,” So Ra said.

“But I want to,” Jung Su responded. “Get in the car.”

In the end, So Ra got into Jung Su’s car. Jung Su passed So Ra a sandwich and a cup of Americano. So Ra was surprised that Jung Su prepared breakfast for her. She didn’t tell him that she has a habit of forgetting to eat breakfast. She opened the wrapping and ate the sandwich. It has been awhile since she felt that she is being cared by someone and now Jung Su made her felt so. When So Ra reached her workplace, Jung Su asked her what time she finished her shift.

“I’ll come and send you home,” Jung Su said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” So Ra watched as Jung Su drove away.

By the time So Ra walked into the café, Jae Bum and Ailee were already preparing to start today’s business. So Ra greeted them and put on her apron to help them. Jae Joong walked in the café a while after So Ra. He saw So Ra coming out from Jung Su’s car. He didn’t say anything because this isn’t something he should be involved in.

***********************************************************************************************

Jung Su was looking through the files on his table when Hee Chul walked into his office without knocking the door. Soo Young tried to stop Hee Chul but when she saw Jung Su smiling at Hee Chul, she understood that they knew each other and thus left Jung Su’s office.

“You don’t have any things to do today?” Jung Su asked Hee Chul.

“Nope. Just submitted my comic to the publisher,” Hee Chul sat down on the chair.

“What do you want to tell me?” Jung Su knew that Hee Chul wanted to tell him something. If not, he wouldn’t come to his company.

“Aunty called me,” Hee Chul told Jung Su.

“You told her I came back?” Jung Su asked.

“Do you really think that you can hide from your father’s watch in Seoul?” Hee Chul smirked.

“What did she say?” Jung Su asked Hee Chul.

“What else will she say?” Hee Chul shook his head. “She only asked you to go home visit your father.”

“That’s it?” Jung Su asked.

“Yes,” Hee Chul nodded his head. “They don’t know anything about So Ra.”

“Araso,” Jung Su got Hee Chul’s point.

After sending Hee Chul off, Jung Su stood in front of the big window in his office. He could see the whole Cheondamdong area in front of him. No matter how hard he tried to hide, he couldn’t escape from his fate. He understood that he still has to face them, his father and step-mother.