Replacement

Replacement

Early in the morning, Jung Su received an emergency call from Soo Young. The company recently bought a land to build a resort. But, they are now accused of buying the land without appropriate method. Not only that, there is rumour that his company is building a factory instead of a resort. By the time he reached the company, reporters are already waiting for him at the lobby.

“Mr Park, is it true that the land your company invested in is to build a factory instead of a resort?” A reporter asked.

“Mr Park, did you use inappropriate method to get the land?” Another reporter asked.

“Mr Park, your company’s stock declined. What is your opinion? Do you think it is related to the rumours?” Another reporter questioned him.

Jung Su didn’t answer their questions but walked quickly into the lift while the security guards stopped the reporters. Soo Young greeted him and followed him into the meeting room immediately. Jung Su looked at those in the meeting room. All of them had their heads down.

“Who can tell me what is going on?” Jung Su slammed on the table. 

None of them dare to answer his questioning. They looked at each other and exchanged glances but never step out to give Jung Su an answer. Because they as well didn’t know where the reporters received the rumour that could ruin their company. Just when Jung Su wanted to scold them, his phone rang. 

“Yoboseyo,” Jung Su answered the call without looking at the number.

“Do you like my present?” Jin Woon’s voice is heard.

“Jin Woon?” Jung Su walked out from the meeting room and went inside his office.

“I’ve told you. I would take back whatever belongs to me,” Jin Woon said. “This is only the first step.”

“What do you want?” Jung Su asked.

“Everything that you take away from me,” Jin Woon replied and ended the call.

Jung Su threw the phone onto the floor. He took a deep breath and grabbed his car key. Soo Young wanted to ask him to sign some papers but he ignored her. He went to the underground car park and drove away from the company. He didn’t know where he wanted to go. When he stopped driving, he realised that he was at the beach. He sat inside the car and watched the view of the beach. He didn’t know how long he spent at the beach before driving back to Seoul.

***********************************************************************************************
So Ra had been calling Jung Su’s phone since afternoon but he never answer the call. She is worried about him, especially after hearing the rumours from Ailee. She told Jae Joong that she had to take a leave and took a taxi to Jung Su’s apartment. When she was walking out from the taxi, she saw Jung Su walking into the building. She ran towards him and hugged him from the back.

“So Ra?” Jung Su wanted to turn around but So Ra’s hands didn’t let go.

“Oppa, where did you go? Why didn’t you answer my call?” So Ra finally let go of him and questioned him. “Do you know how worried I am?”

“Sorry,” Jung Su smiled and ruffled her hair. “My phone isn’t functioning.”

“Oppa, let’s face this together,” So Ra looked at Jung Su.

Jung Su didn’t say anything but smiled. Even when everyone turned their backs against him, he knows exactly one person who wouldn’t do that to him. And that person is So Ra. During midnight, his phone rang. He took his phone and went to the living room to answer the call.

“I’ve got everything you want,” Hee Chul spoke at the other end. “Meet me at the bar tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Jung Su ended the call.

A/N: Updated~ Sorry for not updating in a while. Been busy pre and post CNY. Moved to another university and a new place to start off. And since I'm in my second year, I will be busier than previous years. Of course this story will eventually come to an end but there won't be an exact time of my updates. I promise that I will update this story whenever I'm free to do so. Annyong~