To give and take when I nothing have

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

9. Poor
830 words about how Jungkook changes how Jin feels about having close to nothing...

(Or at least that is what I think this is... uh...)


 

Jin had never seen himself as poor, even though he didn’t have much, barely just enough to pay for his ty little apartment each month actually. But still he never really thought of himself as poor.

Jin like so still did have roof over his head, since his house lord was really understanding and he owed her months and months of pay, and he still got some sort of food every day, since his next door neighbor was very, very kind hearted and gave him leftovers from when her very big family didn’t finish the meals.

So even though Jin maybe didn’t really live like a king he did in fact live so that was why he didn’t see himself as poor, because he had nice people around him and he woke up every day still alive.

One day a boy stood at his door, he smiled warmly as Jin opened the door. The boy looked very, very young and Jin looked at him questioningly and the boy noticed and reached his hand out.

“Hello I’m Jungkook. I am going to be your roommate. The house lord said you had problems paying rent so if I needed a place to stay so badly we could share or we would both be thrown out” the boy so called Jungkook told Jin while pushing inside of the small apartment.

Jin would have told him off, but as soon as he had seen the boys smile he felt this small warmth spread in his body, like he adored the young looking boy and wanted to give him a roof over his head, even if this very roof was one of the only things he had for himself, he suddenly didn’t feel too bad about giving it away, or at least sharing it.

 

After a while of Jungkook living with Jin he found out they matched each other well, they adapted to each other quickly and after just a few weeks of living together it was like had they been friends in ages, Jungkook was a hardworking kid, he worked 3 different jobs as once to bring home the rent money and Jin, well Jin was still Jin, he could charm himself in on anyone and so he brought home food and such.

 

After half a year of living together they both worked more than one job, they always had the rent money at the end of the month and they even had money to eat real food and start paying back the other renters at the house.

Since all in the house had helped Jin when he really needed it he had started to give back, Jungkook had teached him that a better feeling than getting what to give, so Jin was now too working his off to give the people around him back for all the help he had gotten.

Even though the two still didn’t have much it always made Jin so, so happy to give someone something they needed, because he knew how it felt to have nothing and having to depend on others.

 

Once Jungkook had actually brought home groceries after his second work shift of the day, a thing he hardly did but now that they both had work they needed to just shop if they had the time, Jin was still at work so Jungkook had prepared dinner for when he came home, it was just a simple dinner really, nothing fancy since the money didn’t really allow that.

Once Jungkook heard the door open he expected to be greeted by a happy Jin, and he kind of was at least, maybe more off tired but still Jin smiled happily as he hugged the younger from behind.

“I’m home” Jin said into Jungkook’s ear.
“Welcome home” Jungkook smiled happily “Dinner is ready” The younger said while he shrugged the older off of him to go sit at the table.
“I love your cooking” the older complimented as the two started to eat.

Jin had found it weird how he had changed so shortly just because of the younger male in front of him. Like the younger made him so happy so he felt that even if he gave everything he had away, he would be alright if he just had Jungkook by his side. Like he could lose the house, live on the streets with no food, no clean clothes, but if he just had the younger boy by his side he would be okay.

“You make me happy, you know?” Jin said in the middle of eating.
“You make me happy too hyung, I don’t need anything more than you” The younger smiled.
“You’re my everything, thank you for giving me this feeling” Jungkook smiled gleefully at his hyungs words.
“You took my heart, but gave me happiness” Jungkook answered.
“You’re so cheesy” Jin said as they both laughed.

They could have had nothing, everything, it didn’t matter as long as they had each other.