Fancy-AF-penpal

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

15. Quill.
942 words about how Jimin is being a fanzy penpal writing all his letters with a quill.
(This took me freaking ages I AM SO SORRY I JUST HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO EVEN WRITE!)


 

Having a penpal from across the world is great fun and I have learned so much from him.

What is the most amazing though is that this guy, Jimin, who is from Korea is using so much time on handwriting all of his letter with an ink quill. It looks so beautiful and even more when he tried to teach me Korean and the signs just looked so amazingly pretty drawn out in the thick calligraphy lines that the ink pen left behind.

I myself had opted to write my letters on my dusty old typewriter that my grandpa left me when he died. He had written lots of diaries on this bad boy and it was calming for me to write my letters on it.

But nothing I ever did would beat Jimin’s quill written letters.

We had been writing letters for each other for about three and a half years now, we sent each other a couple of letters a month and sometimes we even sent each other postcards, candies, pictures or other small items and trinkets.

It was amazing. Once I had gotten home to a big parcel that had been sent from Jimin’s address to mine and when I opened it, inside it was the cutest little red panda teddy bear that I have ever seen. I had told Jimin in a letter that I had a thing for red pandas because I found them super adorable and oh my gosh this was the cutest. What was even better was that HE ACTUALLY HAD ADOPTED A RED BABY PANDA IN MY NAME!

I freaked out and I had never typed on my typewriter this fast and with this many mistakes BUT I WANTED HIM TO SEE MY EXITEMENT!

I wanted to meet him so badly but Korea is so far away. We had been writing about this subject a lot and Jimin had promised me that he would visit once he was finished with school.

Just one more year he kept telling me.

 

There was a period where we didn’t write letters Jimin was busy with his last exams and so was I. It was going to happen soon after these exams and I would be able to meet Jimin. It was what kept me going by now and it helped me study and do well because if I did my best I would get to meet him faster I felt.

 

It was a few weeks after his final exam that a letter arrived to my address it was from Jimin of course and the pretty medieval looking envelope was well known for me by now, he had used the same kind of envelope for almost 2 years now because it matched the feeling his quill written letters gave off.

The letter was telling me how well all of his exams went and how much of a hassle it had been for him to finish school. Parties he had been to with his classmates, a party his family had thrown for him because of his good grades.

I was thrilled it was so nice to read about and I answered him with a letter like it of my own. Jimin had done better than me at his examinations, but I also had another year to go, I was younger than him.

 

It was a month later, halfway through the summer vacation that it knocked on my door. I thought it was the postman since he did come along around this time of day and since I was home every day now he could come to the door with the letters.

But when I opened the door it sure was a letter being delivered to me but it wasn’t my usual elder postman, with grey hair and blue button down shirt with the post logo on the right chest pocket, who stood there with the letter.

It was Jimin.

I screamed and I kept screaming with joy as I threw my arms around him and hugged him close. He started laughing as he hugged me back.

“Hello” He said as I let him go.
“Oh my god I know you have my address but you could at least have told me you were going to just appear at my door one day” I laughed and punched his shoulder softly. I didn’t know what to say or what to do; it had been almost 5 years now where we have known each other and this was a dream come true. Finally he stood here looking as good as ever.
“I wanted it to be a surprise” he said as he reached the letter out to me.
“You brought a letter?” I asked him and laughed as I accepted the envelope. There was something inside it.
“Yes I thought it was only appropriate to bring one” he said telling me to open it.

I couldn’t help but smile widely as I pulled a cylinder shaped object out of the envelope.

A beautiful ink quill pen was now in my hand, dark wood with abstract patters engraved in the wood.

“It’s so beautiful” I mumbled silently as I tried writing with it out into the air. It lay perfectly in my hand.
“I’ll teach you how to write with it so that you can impress all your future penpals with your skill in calligraphy and quill writing” Jimin grinned.

I hugged him tight once again, invited him in and showed him to my room where I added the now empty envelope to the box I had stored all his letters in before we sat down to practice my quill writing skills.


Shout out to the amazing person on tumblr that owns that pen AND TOOK THAT WONDERFUL PICTURE THAT INSPIRED ME TO FINALLY CONTINUE WRITING THESE!! OH MY GOD I WANT A INK PEN SO BADLY!! D; (or if it wasn't the user on tumblr that owns the pen or the picture then shout out for finding that beautty of a picture OH MY GOD!)