When in need, I'll help you

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

6. Bread.
980 words about homeless Jungkook being helped lots by the friendly restaurant owner Namjoon.


The boy was hungry. He hadn’t been eating for days. He didn’t have any food to eat. The boy’s stomach rumbled loudly, he was so hungry that it hurt every time he breathed in. Jungkook was used to this though. He was often very hungry in-between his opportunities to eat but that didn’t mean that it didn’t hurt him because it did.

His stomach growled loudly once again and Jungkook decided to get up from his piece of cardboard in the ally and take a walk. He walked around the empty streets looking up at all the apartments that still had the lights on, how he wished to be inside one of them, to be warm and fed, to take a shower and get a clean change of clothes just the simple things.

To sleep in a bed.

The boy had lived on the streets for as long as he remember, he was an orphan, he couldn’t remember his parents and he had run away from the Orphan’s home when he turned ten. Ever since then he had lived on his own on the streets and he had gotten pretty darn good at it, he always found the alleys with dry cardboard and the trash cans where the food was actually thrown out in bags so that it wasn’t too gross to eat.

While Jungkook walked along the cold and dark streets he walked past a restaurant that was closing up for the night, for some reason there was always lights on in the restaurant until late and someone walked around in there.

Jungkook walked over around the back of the restaurant since he hears shuffling sounds from the back and if they were throwing out food he had to get his share, his stomach growled loudly once again as he snuck around the back and he heard the shuffling stop and someone called out into the dark.

“Is someone there?” It was a deep voice. Jungkook went into the small light that the outdoor light behind the building provided and he saw this man with sand blond hair look at him.
“Hey, what are you doing running around alone at this time? The blonde sounded worried but Jungkook just shook his head.
“Taking a walk around my back yard” Jungkook shrugged but then his stomach growled yet again, louder than it had before.
“Are you hungry” the blonde asked looking at Jungkook with serious eyes.

Jungkook nodded and the blonde then walked towards the back door that leads into the restaurant.
“Follow me, come on hurry” the blonde held the door open and looked at Jungkook as he moved closer to the door, he looked suspiciously at the blonde.
“Why are you doing this?” Jungkook asked as he saw the blonde pull a chair down from one of the tables and place it back onto the newly cleaned floor.
“Because I feel like it” The blonde simply said as he got Jungkook placed at the table and he went to prepare some simple foods for the other.

It was nothing special really, but it was fresh and warm and it melted Jungkook’s inside. It was delicious it was the best food the younger had ever tasted and he had never felt this blessed in his whole life. Jungkook ate slowly savoring every bite as he knew he wouldn’t get food like this ever again.

“Is it any good?” The blonde asked with a smile while he pulled another chair from the table and placing it down beside Jungkook’s.
“It’s amazing, I never think I’ve had food this good before” Jungkook said happily as he ate the last that was on the plate.
“Glad to her that” The blonde smiled wide “I’m Namjoon by the way”
“I’m Jungkook” the younger one smiled widely.
“Thank you so much for the food, you really didn’t need to” Jungkook hurried to say as he had carried his plate out in the back to the kitchen demanding that he would wash it himself.
“No I know, but I wanted to, it’s sad to hear that you live out on the street, you really don’t look like someone that would” Namjoon said as he took a towel and took the wet plate from the other.
“It’s not like I have a choice, with no parents nor family in general I don’t have much other places to live” Jungkook shrugged again but Namjoon looked down into the ground. This kid had it rough and Namjoon wished he could help further but Namjoon knew he couldn’t give the kid a home, the restaurant’s upper floor was already filled to the brim with most of his family since it was a family business so there was really no room.
“Please wait here for a little okay? I’ll be back real quick” Namjoon said as he placed the plate down.
“Okay?” Jungkook saw Namjoon disappear and return a while later with a bag in his hand.
“What is that?” Jungkook asked as Namjoon handed the bag to him.
“It’s for you” Namjoon smiled as the younger opened up the bag to find new clothes, a blanket and a plastic bag with some loafs of bread in it.
“Oh no, I can’t accept this, it’s too kind” Jungkook started but was denied by Namjoon.
“Please, let me help you okay? I want to” Namjoon shoved the bag to the younger once again.

They talked a bit more before Jungkook was told that he had to leave, others would wake up soon and they would not like to see the homeless stranger in the room.

So Jungkook left with the bag thrown over his shoulder and a huge smile from Namjoon as he returned to his ally. That night he could change his clothes, wrap up in a nice blanket and know that he would have the bread to eat later.


Dun ask how I come up with so weird stories... like the two I uploaded today... Clip... Paper clip... Office Jin... Bread... Hungry... Homeless Jungkook... I DUNNO I THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX KAY?!? D:
But yea... I like this ship... does they even has a name? I dunno... RapKookie? HELP MEH I DUNNO! ;3;
But yea, I still hope you all enjoy this ^^ I try my best and so far I haven't uploaded anything that was past my word limit (Even though this one actually passed the word limit with over 200 words that I had to cut out... so just know parts of this is missing that I wanted to have in there but couldn't -3-)