Long walks at the beach side

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

3. Sand
769 words about a strong friendship between Namjoon and Hoseok.

 


Namjoon had always liked walking along the sandy sides of the beach, to see the waves rush into shore and flow out again before the next one would roll in. It always made him feel relaxed, at home no matter where he was in the world a walk by the beach would always help him clear his mind and feel at home.

He often walked alone, just thinking quietly when he need inspiration, but other times he would text one of his old friends to come and join him, Hoseok would never say no to the offer and since none of them lived too far from the local beach they would always meet up quickly no matter what the time of the day was.

They had been the best of friends for as long as Namjoon could remember ever since they were small kids actually. He remember how he had found Hoseok crying in a mud puddle one grey day in the kindergarten, some of the older kids had and had then shoved him into the dirt and stained the others new favorite shirt, Hoseok just sat there in the mud crying, why had the other kids had to be so mean to him? He hadn’t done anything to them.

That day Namjoon came to the boy’s rescue, he helped Hoseok up and took him to one of the indoors bathrooms to clean off the dirt spots off and though they didn’t get off completely Hoseok couldn’t thank the other enough as he bowed and smiled thankfully.

That day they had become friends and had stayed so ever since. So whenever Namjoon would text the other now to meet him at the beach he would always be there shortly after seeing Namjoon sitting in the sand with his feet touching the parts where the water flushed up to so his toes became wet and afterwards would dig down into the heavy sand that washed away with the next wave.

Hoseok sat down behind the other and wrapped his arms around the other from the back. Namjoon smiled into the embrace and laughed, Hoseok joined. This was the kind of friendship they had built over the years, nothing felt awkward between the two anymore, it was as easy as 1+1.

“Hello” Namjoon’s deep voice reached the others ears and the other smiled wide.
"Hey, fancy seeing you here" Hoseok teased as he sat back besides the other instead while taking his sandals off before he sat with his feet touching the wet sand as well.
"Very funny, it's not like I told you to come here"
 Namjoon lightly smacked Hoseok’s face and they laughed.
"Oh that was you? I didn't know"
 they both laughed and afterwards faded out into a nice silence they both enjoyed so much.

After a little while Namjoon got up, took his sneakers in his hand and started walking along side of the beach and Hoseok followed him. Today Namjoon had texted early so the sun was still high up on the sky and the beach was weirdly enough still quite empty.

Moments like this was Hoseok’s favorite, like in the old days where it was just the two of them against the world and the bullies in the kindergarten, they hadn’t been to part from each other ever since that day, of course their adult life had gotten the best of them and they didn’t get to see each other as much, but they still made sure to give time so their friendship would never be forgotten.

Hoseok laughed as he ran ahead as fast as he could over the sand feeling the heaviness of his quick steps every time his feet sat off from the warm sand, Namjoon just stared for a bit startled before he ran along competing in the makeshift race across the beach. The two ran far before Namjoon toppled over hands on his knees trying to regain his breathing.

“Hey Namjoon look up” Namjoon heard Hoseok call and of course he did as told just before he heard the click of the camera on the others phone that went off.
"What the hell man?" Namjoon laughed and the other once again joined.
"As a memory of the day I won over you in a race across the sand, what happened? you always used to speed right past me"
 Hoseok teased his best friend.
"Oh shut up"
 they both laughed and just walked along side each other once again.

Walking and just feeling the soft warm sand like warm clouds under their feet as they walked in comfortable silence.


So... this is number 3 by now... anyone has some kind of feedback yet? Am I doing okay? I am so worried because I am usually bad at stuff like this ;3;
But haaaaaaaay double update! :D