Race around the track

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

8. Race.
714 words about how you enjoy running and so does Jin.


You had always loved to run, to feel the adrenalin pump through you when you felt like you couldn’t run a single meter more but you still did.

Running was the best and even better was competitive running.

You had competed in running tracks for as long as you could remember and even now, even though the snow covered the tracks, you were out practicing. All competitions were indoors at this time of the year but you preferred being outside even though the tracks was a bit more slippery and you were required to wear a bit more of clothing you didn’t care, the tracks had been cleaned off from snow this morning and you were in your thick running clothes.

As you started stretching and slowly run along the tracks to warm up you saw someone come towards you, it was someone in running clothes as well, a boy, of course you knew him he was on the running team along with you and the others. Jin.

He came up to you and smiled happily, he had a beanie pulled down over his ears and a mask pulled down covering his neck to keep him warm. Even with all that he was easy to recognize.

“Hello” You stopped running and greeted him, jumping in place to keep warm.
“Hey, fancy meeting you here” Jin said and smiled, you smiled back, he was stupid, he knew that you loved doing outdoor tracks and that you were always practicing even if others didn’t.
“Yea right you know how I always train, as to why I beat your time the last time we raced!” you said mockingly, poking your tongue out.
“Yea right, I call cheats on that one” Jin laughed.
“Oh yea? Want a rematch?” You asked cockily while smirking at him he laughed again.
“Sure, give me a minute to warm up and we’ll do first to five tracks?” Jin said and you nodded continuing to run slowly along the tracks to stay warm.

3
2
1
GO!

You sat off into a sprint around the track, not even looking back at Jin. He didn’t pass you so you didn’t care about the distance between you and him as long as he didn’t pass. The first run around the track was easy for you, you didn’t even feel tired. The second round was easily done as well, a bit slower maybe but still in the lead. Halfway around the third round you started to feel the burn in your legs and you slowed down more, it was getting hard to breathe but this was the feeling that you loved, the feeling of being so close to done that you could only keep going or not going at all.

You finished the fourth round still mildly in the lead, Jin was closing in on you and you felt the pressure lure upon you, you could not lose! You were better than Jin. You had a smaller frame and strong legs. You could beat him any day!

Halfway through the fifth and last round the two of you were side by side, he looked like his legs would snap any second. They were shaking more with every step he ran. You felt your legs burn, you could run no further, but you were so close! You felt yourself set into a last sprint allowed by the adrenaline that you felt shooting through your veins. The feeling you loved the most! It was like flying!

When you finished the last round you could turn around to see Jin lying on the track, more or less dead you laughed before you threw a fist into the air celebrating.

“I told you I was just better ha-ha!” you yelled happily and Jin just raised his own first while lying on the cold ground.
“Yay” you heard him mumble.

You walked to him and reached an arm down to him.

“Come on slowpoke, my house isn’t far, let’s go there and grab a cup of warm chocolate and a well-deserved break inside the warmth” you smiled as he grabbed your hand.
“Sounds nice, how would I be able to say no to the request of a running queen” he laughed and you two started to walk together in the snow.
 


So I decided that I liked these you x Idol stories... so now another one happened c:
Hope you guys like it ^^