Basic spice

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

4. Salt.
683 words about how Jimin likes sweet stuffs more than salty~~


Jimin had always favored sweet stuff over salty and that was more or less no matter what he ate or drank really, he rather wanted the sweetness to melt on his tongue than he wanted the bitter saltiness to make his nose wrinkle.

Yoongi didn’t like the younger ones sweet tooth because it was really unhealthy for him, because it made him eat unhealthy amounts of candy, it wasn’t that weird that he kept his chubby cheeks no matter how much he worked out. It was because of all the sweets his mouth absorbed throughout the days. Weirdly enough the younger one always managed to keep his shape which annoyed the older one to no end, here he was trying to have a healthy eating pattern while the other could just eat away on sweet stuffs.

But then again it made the younger one quite funny to tease, the older one would always give him candies that looked like they were sugar coated and to Jimin’s surprise they always turned out to be sour, salty ones instead.

Jimin had figured out long ago that Yoongi enjoyed seeing him wrinkle his nose from the sour candies, but truth be told he had gotten to enjoy the saltiness of the candies too and not just wish for sweeter once like he did the first few times.

By now Jimin almost looked forwards to the times Yoongi would hand him a piece of candy from a bag he had brought home while shopping for groceries, it happened more and more often but Jimin hardly complained anymore. Yoongi still enjoyed the small pulls in the younger’s face whenever he first tasted the salty sweetness but it wasn’t quite as fun when he didn’t actually become mad afterwards.

“Have Jiminnie become used to the saltiness of hyungs candies?” Yoongi asked teasingly one day they were at the dorm alone, this hardly happened anymore but today for some reason it did and today was the day they would share all the sour candies that had been collected throughout the week too so bonus.
"It's hyungs fault since you keep feeding me sour candies, I've gotten used to it and actually quite enjoy it now"
"You do know that salt is a basic spice right? Many people use it even without tasting the food first" Jimin smiled proudly, he had become accustomed to more salty foods though he still liked his sweets a lot he only ate them when his hyung brought them.
 Yoongi pointed out as he popped another piece of candy into his mouth letting the saltiness absorb his taste buds.
"Huh? Really hyung? What weird people does that?"
 Jimin’s eyes went wide upon hearing this crazy thing.
"Yes many just oozes out salt onto their food even without thinking even if salt isn't good in big portions"
 Yoongi laughed at the others facial expression, the younger ate another piece of candy his nose slightly wrinkling from the sour.
"Some people... is hyung like that too?"
 Jimin asks as he sees the older one eat another piece of candy not even flinching as the sour taste spreads in his mouth.
"No not exactly, I like my food spicy, but I know that tasting the food before using salt it the way to go, but salt is really the main spice to live up a borin meal" 
The older smiled seeing the younger one pop another piece of candy into his mouth his eyes slightly watering, oh he had picked one of the real sour once.

“Salt… basic spice, how weird… I still prefer sweet stuff” Jimin smiled fondly as he laid the candy piece down and instead leaned closer to his hyung to place a sweet kiss onto the older ones lips.

“Sweet like hyungs lips~~” The younger said with a teasing smile, Yoongi just shook his head while showing a piece of the sour candy into the youngers mouth.
"Cut it out kid, no sweet stuffs before you've gotten the daily doses of basic spice" They both laughed as they finished the little portion of salty candies.


I am on fire tonight!! Tripple update!! :D Woob Woob!! SOME ONE BRING A BUCKET OF WATER!! xD