I just wanna know your name

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

11. Name.

776 words about how this one guy really, really wants to know your name.

Don’t worry, I’m just a guy who wants to get to know you
I just wanna know your name (know your name)
Let’s take it one at a time, I’m different than others
I just wanna know your name (know your name)
'Know your name - Jay Park


“Hey, you can I know your name?”

You were getting annoyed, this guy from school kept bugging you, asking for your name and you didn’t even know him.

“No, bug off I don’t even know you!” you raised your voice at the boy in front of you blocking your way.
“You could, if you just gave me your name” he said again moving to block your way again as you tried to get around him.
“I don’t wanna! Now move out of my way!” You stomped your foot childishly making the guy smile as he looked down at you.
“Come on please? You don’t even know who it is you’re turning down” the guy said smirking at you but you just scoffed.
“Like I want to know… I don’t care about you” You looked away as you once again tried to get around him without success.
“Come on, just give me a chance, I just wanna know your name” The guy reasoned and you had to admit he was right, he hadn’t said anything else apart from wanting to know your name, it was a simple question, but yet you just felt like not giving in.
“And why is my name so important to you?” You sighed as you stood back tapping your foot on the floor impatiently waiting for him to let you pass.
“Because you’re interesting to me, I just wanna get to know you” The guy shrugged his shoulders and smiled a wide smile at you, you felt your cheeks flush slightly and you quickly turned your face away from him.
“If I tell you my name will you let me pass?” You said silently not looking back up at him.
“Of course… for now I will” he promised and you sighed deeply as you introduced yourself, his victorious smile didn’t help at all as you quickly dashed by him your cheeks on fire and more embarrassed than ever you just wanted to get away.

Your relief didn’t last you long as the first thing you saw when you exited your class a while later was that same guy standing by the window across the hallway waiting. You tried to just ignore him hoping that he wasn’t waiting for you, but of course he was and as soon as he saw you he was by your side pulling you with him.

“We’re having lab class together next period… and we’re choosing new lab partners for the next couple months for out project that count for 60% of the all throughout grade, I’m choosing you by default” he simply said as you looked up at him while he dragged you with him.
“Why? I already gave you my name so I thought you would bug off like I told you to” you told him as he pulled you towards the lab class.
“You thought it would be that easy to get rid of me? I told you I wanted to get to know you, your name was just the start and now I’ll have the next couple of months to get to know more” The guy smirked and lead you the last of the way through hordes of people until you two stood inside the lab class.
“But I don’t wanna” you kept insisting but you had to admit it got less and less true the more you said it.
“Don’t lie to me now” he read you like an open book as he made you sit on one of the two chairs by an empty lab table.
“I’m not” you grumbled as he went to write you as his lab partner on the blackboard besides all the others that had already written up their lab partners.

And so you ended up being this guy’s lab partner and you had to admit he was a lot nicer than you has imagined, he was smart, funny and sweet all at the same time as you two started the project and set off on a quick start without any problems.

After the class ended and you had packed up your stuff you found him waiting for you again.

As you two walked together to lunch you realized…

“What’s your name?” you asked him and he turned to you smiling.
“Oh so now you wanna know?” he smirked and you hid your face as you nodded shyly.
“Yes please, it’s not fair since you know mine” you pointed out and he seemed to agree as he laughed a little.
“I’m Namjoon” he introduced taking your hand in his and walked onwards.

 

“It’s nice… getting to know you Namjoon” you said smiling as he lead you to lunch. 


This one was the hardest one to write so far... HOW TO EVEN WRITE SOMETHING FROM THE WORD NAME?!?!?! >3<
I did it tho... with help from the amazing Jay Park *bows down to oppa*
But oh god it feels so good to be back writing these even though I have so much else to write xD

And just so that I am sure that everyone know... I gave myself a word limit okay? That is why all these stories are so short... I am not allowed to go over 1000 words xD