Dull office life

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

5. Clip.
908 words about how Taehyung makes Jin's office job a little more bright and the other way around too.


Jin sat behind his desk, as usual playing with paper clips. He was bored out of his mind, he hated the office work, but yet here he was 5 days a week, 8 hours a day in front of the computer plotting in numbers and sealing off deals.

It was always the same in the office and that was what Jin hated really, how boring not only today would be but tomorrow too and the day after because it was all the same. Wake up, get ready, go to work, sit at the desk for 4 hours, have lunch, go back to work for another four hours at least, leave the office, go home, eat again, feel like a robot in front of the news channel, go to sleep and then repeat.

It was always the same and Jin hated it.

But something made him stay at the office anyways, or well someone actually.

Taehyung.

He was so weird, and so different from everyone else at the office that he had Jin stay at the dull job everyday no matter how much he hated it. The fact that the younger worker at the desk beside his own was so random made the only difference in his day. Nothing the other did was ever the same, whether he be passing the older notes or making weird sounds that would made the older smile it was always something different from the day before.

At lunch they sat alone together by a table mostly while everyone else barely talked during the break because either they were buried in their phone or their tablet where they had even brought their work with them down, some even brought their lunch up by the desks, but most of all did people in the lunch room just look dead, like a zombie with a coffee mug just waiting to go back to work and get the day over with.

But Taehyung was different. He would talk to Jin, make jokes and try his best to make the day go by faster and make it seem brighter every day.  Jin really liked Taehyung for that and he knew the other liked him too because maybe even if Jin wasn’t the most entertaining person he was understanding and just played along.

Whenever the younger male passed him small sticky notes onto the wall that parted their desks he would pick it off of the wall, read it, laugh and write a reply on his own note block and stick the sticky note onto the others side of the wall.

They would have small conversations throughout the day.

‘This really is boring, how are the numbers coming in?’
‘Just fine and yes boring indeed, I could die any second now’
‘Please don’t hyung. I would miss your company ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
‘ㅋㅋㅋㅋ okay I promise I won’t then’

Stuff like that made the others day and he didn’t feel so dull while he sat there waiting for the new numbers to put in as he arranged his colored paper clips into a rainbow on his desk.

Taehyung wasn’t at his desk at the moment and instantly Jin became bored as he always would while he sat at the desk just messing about with his paper clips which was always the most amusing thing to do apparently.

Jin proceeded with plotting in the new numbers and as he was once again done he headed to the bathroom for a little, when he returned he saw the sticky note on his side of the wall, but no sight of Taehyung.

‘Meet me outside the office when you finish the last of your work, I have something I need to tell you’ was all the note said and as Jin read it he realized he was almost off the clock, he just needed to fill in the last of the numbers he had gotten in during his time away and he was done for the day.

Jin quickly finished work and packed his stuff together and left to meet Taehyung that would wait for him.

“Hi hyung!” He saw the younger one wave at him as soon as he exited out into the warm afternoon air and Jin instantly smiled as he ran to the other.
"Hello, what's up? What did you need to tell me?" Jin had a thing with cutting straight to the deal, maybe that was why he was good for the job he had even though he hated it.
"Ah, yea that... uh... it's kind of embarassing but... uh"
 Taehyung mumbled and Jin tilted his head to the side waiting for the other one to get going.

In a quick motion he felt lips on his own but the feeling was gone as quick as it had appeared, left back was a blushing Taehyung and a stunned Jin.

“I… I like you hyung! You always brighten my day and you make me want to meet in every day. Seeing you by your desk playing with those stupid multicolored paper clips make me smile and at lunch I feel happy sitting with you! Please be mine?” Taehyung almost yelled and Jin smiled as he pecked the others lips to shut him up.
"I will Taehyung, you're my reason to go to work too and I like you too stupid" Jin said and they both smiled as Taehyung stole yet another short kiss.


Longest story so far! And so close to my limit! It was a close call but I managed to c:
Now I only have 95 more words to go!! I CAN DO THIS!! Belive in me! o3o


((Don't mind that the picture for the chapter now says M-countdown... eheheheh cause the picture I used before got deleted and this fit so well I had to use it ;3;))