The only way to stay safe

BTS 100 Writing Prompt Challenge!

12. Vault.

910 words about how Jungkook and Jimin have to stay together in a safety vault to not die from the poisoned air outside.

(Don't ask... this was some weird 'The worlds end' kind of au and I dunno... this just happened... while listening to Internet War... yay)


Day 15:

We’ve been inside of this vault for 15 days now, we still have plenty of food and fresh water for the both of us, but we haven’t gotten any calls from the other vaults in a few days, of course they could have just had a power shut down for a little, that happens but I am still worried.

The only source to company is the guy I am here with, we were lucky to get in here in time.

I hope someone will call us soon to let us know what happens…

Jungkook felt hopeless, the world was falling to pieces around him and he was stranded in this safe vault with this other guy he didn’t know until the outside was safe again, it had been a week since they had, had any calls over their radio phone and everyday Jungkook hoped someone would take contact to them.

Day 39:

We finally had a call today!

It was from another vault where this really nice guy, Taehyung, talked to me for a while telling me about how the weather reports from the main vault had told it was getting better outside already!

Maybe I can get to see sunshine again soon! And oh yea… my vault mate… has been staring at me weirdly lately… I wonder what is wrong with him.

No one really knew what had happened, what had caused such huge poisoned fumes to overrun the surface of the earth, but the consequences was people everywhere dying if they didn’t get to a safe vault before they died, all safe vaults were filled with the necessaries to either cure or at least help people get better from the fumes so if you reached one you were safe.

Day 53:

Taehyung called again today, he told me about how he had helped someone that just arrived to his vault today, luckily the guy wasn’t badly infected by the fumes and he was able to be saved so today I got to talk to Seokjin too, he is also very nice and I hope they will call again soon!

Update on my vault mate, he have started talking in his sleep and having what seems to be really bad nightmares… I hope he is okay, I want to speak to him, but I feel shy whenever he looks at me!

As time passed by Jungkook came to like his vault mate more and more, even if they never spoke he wanted to know the other person that he ate, lived and slept besides everyday he just didn’t know what to say ‘Hey what’s up, nice poison fumes huh?’ no that wouldn’t do.

Day 78:

He told me his name today, my vault mate, Jimin, his name is Jimin and he is 19 so he is my hyung.

He told me how much he wishes to go outside again and how he feels so lonely, I want to talk to him more, to make him feel less lonely OH I should ask Taehyung to try and cheer him up next time they call! It’s a week ago I heard from his last time… he told me he and Jin was doing very well and that makes me happy!

As time moved on Jimin and Jungkook did get to talk more, grew even closer than they had hoped for as well.

Day 99:

We’ve almost been here for 100 days now… we had a call from the main vault the other day. They told us that it wouldn’t be long before we could go outside again…

I wonder will I ever see Jimin again once we get out of here. We both have lives to live outside. We both know that our families survived because we have both talked with them over the radio phone so I wonder if I will ever see him again.

I hope so.

It had been 178 days now, Jungkook had gotten another call from the main vault, they told that even though the air wasn’t entirely clean it was safe to be out for a while and so you could move vaults if you knew you had family in other vaults.

Jungkook kept the information from Jimin for a while out of fear of never seeing him again.

Day 186:

I really should tell him shouldn’t I? But I am scared he will leave to go to his family since he can actually go now.
Dammit, Taehyung called too, telling he would like to meet me one day when the air is all clean cause Jin and he didn’t trust the still polluted air so they were happily waiting together as they had done for a while now.

I wonder if Jimin would say the same if I told him?

Jimin did stay, Jungkook kept the information from him for another 4 days until he actually broke down crying and apologizing to the older for not telling, but he really hadn’t wanted him to leave and so Jimin smiled and got on his tippy toes to kiss the youngers forehead.

“I would never leave my Kookie-ah alone, not when he was the only one to keep me company for 190 days, hell I’ll stay here even if it will become 200, 300 or even 500 I want to stay with you!” Jimin smiled and Jungkook just only cried more before he leaped in for a hug.

This really was Jungkook's safe place.


Wooo! Double update again today! I am really getting back on track for a little now! :D
On another note... don't even ask what this is... I have no idea... xD Just enjoy the slight JiKook and TaeJin okay? Thank you! xD