Mending & Breaking Period.

➹ Thundered.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mending &
Breaking Period.
Pairing: JB x Jihyeon.
Genre: Angst, Romance.
Featured: GOT7 & Miss A Min.
Requested by: Komihannie.

 

 

 

"Why can't you be like other kids and make good grades?!" His father yelled as he threw the sheet of papers onto the table with anger. Jaebum stared at his father, knowing that his father had went through his things without his consent. See, Im Jaebum—well known as JB—never really stayed home. Ever since his mother passed away, he blamed his father. He knew that his father was the partial cause of his mother's death. Before everything changed, after her death, JB was one of the sweetest and most lovable guy that everyone adored. 

"Why the hell are you going through my stuff?" He questioned with a tint of anger in his voice. His father stared at him, as if he was about ready to attack his son with just a strong look. "You're in the last year of university, Jaebum. Why the can't you just do good like other?! By the time the year ends, you're not going to be graduating!" If looks could kill, JB's dagger-like stare would have killed his father by now. Without another word, he grabbed his things and walked towards the front door, slamming it loudly shut.

"Yah, Im Jaebum, you alright?" The sound of his older brother, his friend, called out as he looked up to meet Mark Tuan's eyes. Mark smiled weakly, patting JB's leg a few times, telling him to move over to make room for him on the couch. A sigh escaped JB's lips as his eyes stared straight ahead.

"I'm always alright, hyung."

"Are you sure?" Mark questioned with a tilt of his head and raised brows. 

JB chuckled softly, his body moving with the chuckle, as he shook his head. "I just miss her," he mentioned with a crack taking over his voice. "It's been a whole year now, and nothing has been improving..." 

"You know," a soft, yet deep, voice called out from the kitchen. Every time JB gets into a fight with his father—or when he gets irritated—his initial escape is to the home he shares with his friends. "even when you miss her, you should know that she'll always be beside you, hyung." Lifting his head up, his eyes stared at the baby-like features of JR. A smile overcoming his lips. 

"She might be, but I can never accept the fact that she's gone, and he's the cause of it." 

"Even though you seem to be strong on the outside, we both know that you're sad and lonely. Your heart growing weak because of omma's death." 

Being surrounded by his friends, JB and friends stared blankly at the ground in silence.

"Come on, cheer up! Let's go out and get your favorite dessert!" Jackson hollered as he grabbed JB's shoulder, shaking it softly. 

JB looked over and smiled weakly, nodding his head to his friend as the other's walked ahead of him, allowing him to enjoy his walk alone and behind him until he felt something hard, yet soft, bump right into his chest. "I am so sorry!" The soft voice mentioned as he stared at her, who sat on the floor with a pained expression.

"Don't worry about it," he mentioned coldly. He extented his hand to her as she immediately took it, allowing him to pull her up to her feet. She smiled brightly, a smile that JB himself couldn't deny that it was the most beautiful smile in the world. "Thank you," she mentioned. Her voice soft as ever. He blinked and cleared his throat. 

"Oh, yeah. Sure, no problem." He mentioned. She blinked with her lips slowly pointing downwards and her head tilting to the side. "Are you okay? You look...sad? I'm Jihyeon, by the way." She mentioned with a light smile, extending her hand out to him for a handshake. For a moment, he stared at her hand before diverting his eyes to hers. His cold stare bleeded through her. How would she know how he was feeling? 

Though, in his eyes, she did look beautiful and innocent as a smile plastered her lips. "Jaebum-ah, what's taking so long—oh, Jihyeon?" Her head turned to the incoming voice as a smile plastered her lips once more. 

"Mark!" She exclaimed as he smiled widely, giving her a hug. "You know her, hyung?" He nodded with a smile. "She's a friend of Min-noona's."

JB nodded, looking over to Jihyeon with a smile and a bow before walking off to the dessert shop. 

 

« JIHYEON. »

My eyes followed as Jaebum walked into the dessert shop. My lips became bitten as I turned to Mark, who held a smile on his face. "Do you want to join us, Ji?" I smiled and bowed slightly to him in an agreement. He smiled and guided the way. My mind reeled back to the day I was told that I had to guide someone. Someone that they said was weak in the heart and lonely—even when they had so many people around them that cared for them. And little did I know that I was going to be guiding Im Jaebum, much better known as JB by his friends.

"Song Jihyeon, from today on—your mission is to guide this weak soul and bring him back to life. Bring him back to his old ways, before his mother died. Do whatever you can, but the one rule you have is.. do not fall in love with him." 

Do whatever I can possibly do, but do not fall in love.. It was never my intention to fall in love with him since it is my duty (and job) to be Jaebum's guardian angel. A guardian angel meant to guide him to the better future. And there, I'm going to make it my mission to 

"So are you new around here?" Jackson, supposedly, questioned as I looked up from my dessert that Jaebum had decided to share with me. I smiled and shook my head. "No, I've been here for quite some time now. I've been staying with Min-unnie for little over three months now." 

I lied. 

Every now and then, I'm assi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter