Risk anything for You.

➹ Thundered.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Risk anything for You.
Pairing: Lee Jonghyun x Hwayoung
Genre:Angst, Supernatural.
Requested by: PinkBunii.
Featured: Chanyeol.

 

[✴ ] “When people see good, they expect good. And I don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.”
                                                                                                                                            — Damon Salvatore, TVD.

 

Heavy breathed conquered my well-being as we ran through the woods. My head turned back to seek the chaser when I turned towards the man beside me. "I can't," my feet stopped momentarily. This man stood tall inches in front of me. Meeting this man, a man I never thought I would be attached to, he changed my life in ways that no one can explain. A jet black-haired man taller than me by more than seven inches with a pale complexion that glimmers under the sunlight with the name of; Lee Jonghyun. We met under weird circumstances, but he was friends with my good friend. We grew close within eights months, and here I am—running away from someone wanting to kill him. Someone who wore nothing but black and a mask covering his face. 

He sighed loudly as he scooped me into his arms and ran ever so quickly that I barely processed that we were out of the woods and in our city. The bright lights shown nothing out of the ordianary as he placed me down and grabbed my right hand quickly—leading me back to my apartment. 

Appearing in front of my apartment, he yanked my keys from my jacket's pocket as he immediately stepped in and pulling me in harshly. "What's going on, Jonghyun? What are you hiding from?" My voice lowered the moment my arms hugged my body. I was frightened, and not myself to process any event that was coming upon the two of us. "Look, Hwayoung," he uttered once he removed himself from looking out the window, "there's something I didn't tell you when we first met."

I stared at the man in front of me with curious eyes, a confused expression plastering my face. "What is it?" My voice remained calm and secure. And that moment, he sauntered closer allowing me to move back with his pace. His eyes were a bright red, dialated even. "J-Jonghyun, what's wrong with you? What are you?" Fear became expressed with each step I took back. "I'm showing you, Hwayoung." Immediately, his eyes returned back to normal, but my fear was still present. 

"Hwayoung," he spoke softly, "I'm a vampire, and because of what I am, I can't be with you anymore. I don't want to put you in harm's way." My head shook with each word he shot out. It was impossible. "No," I replied with an increase in my tone, "vampires are myths. You can't be one, that's impossible!" In all my life, I always wanted to meet a vampire, but now—having to grow up and what not—I just can't. It was the fear that grew in me, the horrible things this creature can be, or the way movies portrayed them to be true. 

"Hwayoung, I am a vampire. I want you to know that because I won't be seeing you anymore." His words it me hard like a rock falling onto my head. He smiled and inched closer with his palm resting on my right cheek. The space between us closed as his lips hoovered mine, a kiss he sealed as a goodbye. It felt like a well passionate kiss, only to know it was his goodbye kiss. 

Parting himself from me, he smiled once more and took small strides away towards the door. In a flash, he was gone. Without the right mind, my feet became glued to the floor. After a minute, I snapped and ran to the door, "Jonghyun!" Swinging the door open, my head turned from one direction to the next only to know that he was no where to be found. My body slumped against the border frame of my front door, a frown plastering my lips. "Don't leave me," I whispered.

_ _ _ Jonghyun _ _ _ 
 

Just watching her from afar already allowed my heart to become swollen with pain. The look in her eyes showed nothing but sadness. "I told you not to get involved with the human girl," the sound of my brother rang through my ears causing me to turn around and face him. He held thin lips and semi-wide eyes. His hands were tucked in his pocket whereas his eyes were looking at anything other than me. "You know you're being hunted down. You put your precious human ahead of yourself, what were you thinking, brother?" 

Rolling my eyes at him, my head turned slightly to see that Hwayoung's body was still stand by her doorway. Afraid and alone. "She means more to me than my life, brother." My eyes traveled down to the ground as my head turned back to face him. "I won't risk her life because a selfish vampire hunter is hunting me down."

My brother gave me a look while a soft chuckle escaped through the grinning of his lips. "Who is this vampire hunter? Is he the same one that killed our mother?" My shoulders shrugged to his question as I began to walk away, my shoulder brushing against his.

_ _ _ _ _ _ 

All along, I believed that Jonghyun was nothing but a normal and average human being, but only to have a bomb shell explode on me. Sighing my head tilted to the body sitting aside me. My head resting on his arm and shoulder. "Oh, cheer up, Hwa!" The deepness of his voice allowed a meek smile to crack between my lips. It was just another day to spend with a special friend, a special friend that introduced me to Jonghyun in the first place. 

My head lifted just a little as my eyes wandered up to his face, "Chanyeol, cheer me up." His head and eyes tilted down to stare at me with a playful grin covering his lips. The thought of Jonghyun lingered in my mind as I did nothing but think of him at all hours of the day. As Chanyeol, he only knew that Jonghyun left me while he didn't leave Chanyeol, knowing how they still keep in contact and talk to each other every day. 

"Alright, get off your fat and let's go." His sigh was loud and harsh as he stood up and extended his hand out to me. My head tilted up just to give him a look. He had a bright smile that was assuring to one's eyes. Returning his smile, I took his hand and got up from the sofa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter