Bonus chapter~

My heart beats because of you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-Rae was holding back her tears as she sat on the bleachers and waited for Kai to receive his high school diploma. She was so proud of her son. The little boy that would blow spit bubbles, the little boy that loved to roll around in mud, the little boy who would try to bring her dandelions but would cry when they would blow away before they got her to her: the man who helped her with bills, the man who cheered her up, the man who loved to dance, the man who resembled his father in every way possible.

"Kim Kai!" the principal announced over the speaker. She cheered loudly as she watched her handsome son walk up to the stage in his black high school gown and hat, shake the principals hand, and waved his diploma in the air only to receive cheers from his classmates.

She couldn't help but let a tear fall down her cheek. She was proud that she was able to raise such a wonderful son. But she also shed a few tears as she thought back to her high school years when Jongin had proposed to her on the graduation stage.

"I wish you were here to see this" Soo-Rae muttered to herself as she held her hand against her heart.

Soon the teachers allowed the parents to go onto the field to see their kids. Soo-Rae scurried through the crowd of parents searching for her son. A pair of arms wrapped around her; startling her. "Hi mom" Kai said in a husky tone. Soo-Rae turned around with tears in her eyes, "Congrats my baby!" she sobbed as she leaned up to hug her son.

Kai wrapped her arms around his small mother. "Your father would be so proud" she muttered softly in his ear. "I know mom" he muttered back.

"I want to go to his grave... to show him your success." Soo-Rae managed to smile. Kai nodded as he put his arm around his mothers shoulder and headed off to see Jongin.

 

The two had arrived at their local cemetary. Kai got out of the car and looked up, "Mom, we shouldn't stay long. It looks like its going to rain" he warned. Soo-Rae hummed and began to lead her son to his fathers burial. 

The two arrived at a tombstone which read: In loving memory of Kim Jongin; the man who sacrificed his life for his son and wife.

Soo-Rae tried to refrain from crying again, "Hey babe!" she muttered as she kneeled in front of the grave. "Hi father" Jongin said formally as he bowed. 

"I graduated from high school today" Kai announced as he placed his diploma on the grass. "I wish you were here to see this special day" he muttered.

Soo-Rae covered to muffle any sobs that escaped from . "I wish I could remember your face, but mom says that if I wanted to look at you, all I would have to do is look in the mirror" he explained.

"Isn't he such a splitting image of you Jongin?" she huffed. 

"Mom, you never explained to me how he passed away or how you two met" Kai stated. Soo-Rae dried her eyes with the back of her hand before clearing .

"We were childhood friends... We grew up together until middle school where we both went seperate ways. He started misbehaving and hanging with the wrong crowd and I was soon diagnosed with a bad heart condition and would often faint and have to go to the hospital" she started off.

"In high school, roughly around the beginning of our senior year; our parents arranged us in an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter