Chapter 23

My heart beats because of you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was about 1:30 in the afternoon and her parents along with Jongins' were helping her get ready for the procedure. The mothers were crying for reasons unknown especially Mrs. Kim. The fathers were also upset, but trying their best not show it.

"Come on, let's go!" Mr. Kim said as he grabbed his grandson who was sitting in his car seat asleep. "Shouldn't we wait for Jongin?" Soo-Rae asked. The parents stared at her, "I don't think he is coming honey. He.... explained everything to us two days ago..." Mrs. Kim said sadly and on the verge of crying.

"Oh... okay then" She muttered quietly as they left the house. 

Soo-Rae's heart was thumping hard. She was so nervous for this operation. Once she was recovered, she wanted to thank the family that donated her that heart.

A text message came in from Xiumin: Hurry up Princess before your pumpkin expires. Your welcoming party is all here.

Soo-Rae smiled happily knowing that her friends were going to be by her side, but her main concern was whether or not her husband was going to attend as well. If he wasn't.... there was nothing she could do that that was his final answer that he was giving her up.

 

Arriving at the hospital, her friends who were all there gathered around the lobby with flowers, teddy bears, and balloons. "There she is!" Chanyeol smiled. Soo-Rae smiled back as she gave all her friends long hugs.

"Are you nervous?" Chen asked. Soo-Rae shrugged, "Yes and No". Eun-Hye hugged her tightly, "You'll be just fine! I told you a rainbow would come after the storm". 

Soo-Rae smiled happily. Maybe this was her rainbow. A new life and a new start.

"Good afternoon you lovely people!" Mr. Shin greeted everyone with his wife by his side.

Eun-Hye and Chanyeols eyes grew wide and quickly covered their mouths to prevent any words from flowing out.

"Are you ready?" Mrs. Shin smiled as she handed Soo-Rae a pair of hospital clothing. Soo-Rae turned and looked at her friends and family before heading into the E.R for surgery. Everyone held their fist up and hollered 'Fighting'. Soo-Rae smiled as she headed in and dressed for surgery.

"Are you happy?" Mrs. Shin asked as she sat down next to the girl. "Of course I am. I just wish my husband was here to support me as well" she said sadly. Mrs. Shin frowned, "I'm sure he will be here soon, don't worry" she patted her before getting up to gear up in proper clothing for the operation.

Ms. Song, another nurse, started to place IV's into her arm and hooked up her heart monitor. "I'm going to start the anesthia drip now. You'll be out within a few minutes. Good luck" she smiled as she started the anesthia drip.

This was it. Her new heart was about to hers. No more fainting. No more medication. No more problems. 

The more she laid there the more she could feel the drugs kicking in. Her eyesight was getting blurry and her body was becoming numb. The noise around her was turning into muffles.

A shadow caught her eye as it appeared next to her. 

"Jongin..." she muttered softly. "I'm right here baby" he her cheek. She could feel a lump forming in . "Don't cry" he muttered. "I thought you weren't gonna come" she mumbled with tears in her eyes. "I wouldn't miss this chance for the world." he smiled. 

Jongin leaned down and kissed his wife long, "I love you so much. I'll always be with you, my love." he told her as he held her hand. "I....love...you.." she breathed before the anesthia fully kicked in and the tears in her eyes fell down her cheeks.

 

The next thing Soo-Rae knew was that she was waking up in a hospital room surrounded by black figures. She let her eyes adjust to the light before realizing the black shadows were her friends and family.

"Soo-Rae" they breathed as the girl started to come to after 12 hours.

"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Kim asked. "I still feel numb" she mumbled s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter