Chapter 16

My heart beats because of you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that day, Eun-Hye and the gang came to visit the new parents. Xiumin and Eun-Hye handed her roses. "Thank you!" Soo-Rae smiled as she placed the flowers in a vase on a table next to her.

"How are you feeling?" Eun-Hye asked as she sat beside her friend on the bed. "I'm still a little sore and its uncomfortable to have the doctors check the lower regions to make sure everythings okay. My stitches itch so bad" Soo-Rae complained. "STITCHES?" Chanyeol and Chen hollered at the same time.

"Why would you get stitches for? you just pop it out the vag and you're good to go!" Chanyeol laughed. Eun-Hye, Jongin, and Soo-Rae glared at the boy. "I didn't give birth naturally, they cut me open. Would you like to see the stitches?" Soo-Rae offered as she moved her blanket over her legs since she wasn't wearing pants and lifted her shirt revealing an ugly horizontal scar.

The two boys began to shiver, "Put it away, I'm getting tingly just looking at it" Chen stammered. Xiumin rubbed his temples. "How does it feel to be a dad bro?" Chanyeol asked.

"I'm not sure yet. I haven't done anything." he replied. "Speaking of which, where is he?" Xiumin asked as he looked around for the baby. "He is in the baby ward. He needs treatment. Do you want to see him? I can take you to show you him" Jongin smiled. The group nodded.

Jongin leaned down and kissed his wife's forehead, "I'll be right back" and off he went with the group to show off his new son.

Arriving down the hall, they stopped and peered in through a big window. "Which one is he?" Chen asked as he searched. Jongin pointed, "He is that one. The one in the incubator. The best looking one there!" Jongin smirked. "Kyaaa~ He is so cute!" Eun-Hye smiled as she stared at the sleeping baby bundled up in a blue blanket. 

"Have you held him yet?" Eun-Hye asked. Jongin shook his head, "Not yet. I will perhaps later today or tomorrow. It depends on how fast he is recovering since he is premature". The group headed back to see Soo-Rae who was sipping some apple juice.

"He is definitely a mini Kai" Chanyeol laughed. "Well I guess thats another bonus for naming him Kai" she smiled. "AW YEA" Chanyeol fist bumped his friend.

20 minutes later and the gang left only to be visited by doctor Shin and his wife.

"Hi! Are you both off work now?" Soo-Rae smiled at the two. "We're just on break right now. How are you feeling sweetie?" Mrs. Shin asked as she sat down in a next to her. "I'm good, I wish I could hold my son though" Soo-Rae frowned. "Soon, my dear, soon" she said rubbing her hand.

"Oh~ Jongin, I forgot to introduce you. This is my wife; Alexis. She is a heart surgeon here. I'm sure you saw her earlier" Mr. Shin said. Jongin bowed to the older lady who saved his wife, "Thank you for saving my wife" he said. "Anytime. I love this little girl a lot; I won't let her go." Mrs. Shin smiled as she pinched Soo-Rae's cheek.

"Well we're going to go and eat before we are called back for another emergency. Not everyday two doctors get to sit down and enjoy a meal together" Mr. Shin said chuckling. "Enjoy your meal" Jongin stated. The two doctors left and Jongin scooted closer to Soo-Rae.

"I had no idea doctor Shin was married to a white girl! Amaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter