Chapter 14

My heart beats because of you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning, Doctor Shin had come into the hospital room where Jongin and Soo-Rae were sleeping. "Wakey wakey you two" doctor Shin said loudly as he opened the blinds to the window. The two stirred once the sunlight hit their face.

"Come on doctor Shin~" Soo-Rae muttered as she rubbed her face, "I didn't have a good night sleep again. Give me a few more hours!". Doctor Shin chuckled, "It's already 10am! I gotta get you ready and out of here. You can't live here!" he chuckled, "not like you aren't here enough as it is to have your own room, but anyways, yeah, gotta get you out of here~". 

"What do you mean 'get ready'?" Jongin yawned. "I am going to give Soo-Rae her 3D ultrasound today and then completely schedule you for your emergency c-section date." doctor Shin replied as he pulled out equipment from the cabnets. 

Jongin crawled out of the bed and sat in a chair next to the bed. Doctor Shin pulled the monitor close by and lifted up Soo-Rae shirt; revealing her plump belly. "Lets take a look and get a good picture of your baby" he said happily. Jongin watched as the doctor squirted gel onto his wifes' stomach and placed the device onto her stomach.

They got a good sound of the babys heartbeat. "The heartbeat sounds great. Now, lets find him~" doctor said as he moved around trying to pic up the baby on the monitor. 

"Look at him!" Jongin stammered as tears surfaced to his eyes upon seeing his son on the monitor. Soo-Rae held onto Jongin's hand. "Now, you just got to be careful. Anything can happen since you are at a high risk." doctor Shin said trying not to get the couples hope up.

The two stared at him, wanting to believe that their baby will live. The doctor handed them the printed out 3D pictures of the baby and left. The couple couldn't stop looking at the photos.

"He has your nose!" Soo-Rae smiled as she looked at Jongin. A tear drop fell from his eye, "He.. is remarkable!" he stammered with a quivering lip. "I want to name him" Jongin said suddenly. Soo-Rae looked at him and smiled, "Go ahead. What is the name you want to give him?" she asked curious.

"I want to name him Kai." he looked at Soo-Rae, "because he is a handful" he smiled. Soo-Rae laughed, "I think its a good idea!". Soo-Rae raised her hand and wiped off the remaining tear drops off his cheeks, "Stop crying papa" Soo-Rae muttered.

Jongin sniffed and sat down next to Soo-Rae and gave her a long hug, "I want to hold him my arms now, mama" Jongin huffed as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Soon.... soon" Soo-R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter