L's Story/ Chosen!!!

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's POV:

It's because I'm popular. Seriously. I'm not trying to brag or be prideful, but it is quite true. From the beginning of our debut, fans had an explosive reaction when they first saw me. I guess it's because I'm the face of the group. I mean, what more am I except the face of Infinite? The PDs told me to be the cold and mysterious guy while filming "You are my Oppa", otherwise known as "YAMO." Apparently they wanted me to be the silent, and charismatic boy in the group.

 

Back then we were happy together.

 

It's hard to believe that once before, Woohyun and I had chats like normal people. We'd walk to the store together to buy food, help each other if we're having hard time during dance practice... I have to say, we were best friends. Yes, we were. It was either WoohyunandL or LandWoohyun, and you wouldn't see either of us alone without each other.

 

He was a very good friend. He was always encouraging, happy, always on your side. He's also fun to be around. He has the most ridiculous pranks, funniest jokes... Woohyun never ever failed to make the mood of our group cheerful and happy.

 

And then everything changed.

 

I began to recieve offers from foreign countries to participate in shows. But the only one that I took up was a Japanese Drama. It was hard for me, and I wanted Woohyun there to help me. But from then, he started to back away from me. It was really sudden. One day, I was practicing my script and walked into the room to hear the words:

 

"... I don't know what's so special about L."

 

I whipped around, and guess who was the one who said that? My best friend, or former one, Woohyun. He was talking to Sungyeol. When he saw me, he didn't even duck down or hide in shame. Instead, he held his head higher and asked me if I had a problem. Then he told me to ' off and practice my Japanese script.'

 

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I cried. I tried to act like it was nothing, but as soon as I reached the bathroom, I broke down. The only person I was extremely close to in Infinite was Woohyun. But Woohyun would have no trouble finding new best friends in our group because he's so social and outgoing. But if I lose Woohyun... I won't have anybody. Never in my life did I have a friend tell me to ' off' in front of me. Never, ever.

 

From that day on, I kept myself hidden. I didn't talk anymore, I didn't want to be exposed so vulnerably. After the Japanese drama finished, I thought that Woohyun would finally... forgive me. He didn't.

 

Woohyun didn't need me anymore. He had a new best friend, Sungyeol. The two won't ever leave me alone. Hoya tagged around them sometimes with Dongwoo, but it was mostly Woohyun and Sungyeol who caused problems for me.

 

I don't know what to do anymore. We have a new song that we're going to present soon. It's called Paradise. But I can't sing the song with enough passion. That's what the vocalist trainers all said. They told me that it's like I can't say the word 'paradise' well. They said it sounds awkward and forced. They said it feels like I forgot happiness.

 

Narrator's POV:

Seoyoo stood in front of the golden gates of the Entertainment. There were posters everywhere of Infinite on the buildling, with lots of graffiti. She was dying inside. She wanted to meet Woohyun e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter