A Leader's Responsibilities

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you want?" Seoyoo grabbed the door and slammed it as hard as she could, but the door got stuck on one of Infinite's many many shoes. 

"You better open right up, darling," Soobin said, smiling. "I've got a whole fleet of police backing me up. You don't have anything. Do you?"

"I have my friends," Seoyoo said, with her teeth gritted.

"What friends?" Soobin laughed, eyeing her formal best friend with anger.

"I have Sunggyu oppa. And I have Hoya, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Dongwoo. And I have Woohyun and Myungsoo," said Seoyoo loudly, letting her angry gaze flit over ever person who was standing in front of her. She tilted her chin up. "Those are my friends, Soobin. Do you have any?"

Soobin hastily tried to move out of Seoyoo's gaze, but she kept her locked.

"What makes you, come knocking at our doorstep?" Seoyoo kept pushing forward. She was tired and tired of everyone trying to ruin other people's lives. "What makes you think that you stand a chance against us? You think we'll break away and tell you where Woohyun is?" She paused and let out a dry, hollow laugh. "You're wrong."

"You don't stand a chance against the whole world," someone said. "You and your Infinite don't stand a chance."

"And you think you can break through us? We're strong, Soobin." Seoyoo directed her words at her best friend, though she wanted all the people around her, including those with cameras to hear. "We're stronger than you think, and none of this is going to knock us down."

"Woohyun'll come to us soon," said another girl. "You can't run from what he did forever. He's going through too much pain because of this news!"

Seoyoo gave them a slick smile; a confident one that showed that she didn't care. "Nam Woohyun's been through much worse. Trust me. Handling this would be nothing. Nothing compared to before."

"And how can you be so sure about that?" Soobin said, but her confident vibes were decreasing and she was shrinking away. "If you haven't noticed, the world is convinced that Woohyun and Hoya have done whatever with you- harassing you, doing what they want to do to a girl."

"And can I ask why you're doing this?" Seoyoo whispered. "I know you're not trying to help me."

"No," snorted Soobin. "You and Infinite." She laughed. " stuff."

But it was clear that she went through sleepless nights, writhing around in absolute jealousy. She never liked Seoyoo, and Seoyoo knew it. She was always the sweeter, prettier and smarter girl who was given the extra attention and candy in class for being so polite and good. Soobin always liked to rub it in her best friend's face casually of how she had a family; and a loving warm home welcoming her back every day. She liked to tell Seoyoo about her life, and how beautiful it was compared to Seoyoo's. 

"You're only trying to harm us," Seoyoo said, pushing back her tears. Yes, they were. She and Infinite- they were locked up in the house to escape the shame and the reporters knocking at their door repeatedly. Their managers were able to pass food into the house, but it was harsh for them to. If they were seen entering or leaving their house, someone would immediately catch them and force them for interviews or such. "You're just trying to hurt us, but you haven't hurt us in any way. We're still together in one piece. Is this all you've got?"

"When the police kick in, you'll be sorry," she said. 

"And what if I tell the police that I wasn't being harassed?" Seoyoo said loudly. "What if I told them that it was just, merely, a game?"

"They woudn't believe you."

Seoyoo's glare hardened. "This is Infinite you're dealing with. And they're not just some kpop boyband."

"They'll throw Woohyun and Myungsoo away for their own protection," Soobin's eyes gleamed. "I'm sure."

Seoyoo took the chance to grab the door and shove it in her best friend (and all her friend)'s faces. She locked the door securely.

"What was that about?" Sungjong whispered.

"I think we'll have to block the door."

 

* * *

( http://www.youtube.c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter