Wounded.

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoyoo's POV:

It hurts so much. It's like I've been stabbed in my heart over and over again while my hands and feet are tied together- leaving me defenseless and completely vulnerable to the attacker. Every time I move my a limb, my body screams in anguish and agony. Run Away, Run Away, it screams. The ride back to the dorm was unbearable. I lost my mind yesterday. I still don't know how I ended up at home. All I remember from last night is Infinite having another one of their famous fights.

 

"Let her go home!" Woohyun was saying. "She needs her time alone! And if she wants to go home, let her go!"

"If you didn't know, she's from an orphange," hissed back Hoya. "We are her family. We need to take care of her!"

Woohyun gritted his teeth and smashed his hand on the table. "You don't understand!" he pleaded. "Bullying is a big thing!"

"Yeah," Sunggyu came over and sat on the sofa and rubbed his head. "We don't understand."

Woohyun felt tears coming to him. He knew the feeling of getting bullied, and for him, the first time was the worst. After the first day, you go into a depression phase- a phase where you think your worthless. When he saw Seoyoo's face before, he saw himself being reflected. He saw himself. He wasn't going to let Seoyoo go through the pain that he went through.

"Listen, please," Woohyun said quietly. "We need to make her feel at home. And she clearly said a while ago that she wants to go home. If we don't change her mind, we're not going to force her to stay. She's going to go home."

"He's right," croaked Sungyeol. His eyes met with Woohyun's and he nodded. "Woohyun's right."

I listened to them talk about me. I groaned and curled up in the room. I locked myself in there, fending off all the staff members and Infinite members. They already gave me lots of ice, medicine and band aids. They did all they can.

"Alright," Hoya stood up. "We should go to her and comfort her."

"No. You're not," Woohyun replied. He raised his eyes and met Hoya's narrowed ones. "No way."

Hoya sighed and raised his hands. Then let them fall to his side. "Woohyun, I know about bullying and it's emotionally stressful. You should comfort the person who is going through it."

"You don't understand," Dongwoo said quietly. "C'mon guys. Let's listen to each other. Woohyun, you can't just decide what we're going to do by yourself... We know about bullying."

"And I went through bullying," Woohyun raised his voice. "And I know how it feels. I went through it for my whole life, and you're questioning if I know bullying or not? I grew up with it. And I completely loathed having people trying to comfort me." He balled his fists up and tried to keep the tears in, but he couldn't. One slid down his cheek. 

Never before have any of the Infinite members seen Woohyun so exposed. 

"What do you mean?" Sunggyu said.

Woohyun bit his lip to stop them from quivering. "You... you wouldn't understand."

He turned away, but Sungjong caught his arm. His big eyes were glistening. "Please, hyung. Tell us."

Woohyun turned and looked at his friends. "I've only told one person here about my life because I trusted him. But you know what? He did it too."

"Did what?" L whispered. The Infinite members glanced over at him. "What did that person do?"

Woohyun shifted so that he was in front of L. His gaze locked with L's. "Bully me again."

 

 

"Infinite!"

The seven Infinite members exited the car. Woohyun came out, wearing sunglasses to hide his puffy eyes. Usually he waved at his fans or blew them a kiss of a heart sign, but today he wasn't in the mood. He let the maknae take care of the fan service.

The glass doors slid open; the entrance to Music Bank. They were promoting Paradise, and they were getting an explosive response from the fans. Woohyun staggered through. Sunggyu was next to him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

After Woohyun had mentioned a little bit of his past, Sunggyu became super nice. He stuck around with Woohyun, talking to him in the car and buying him sandwiches to eat.

"You alright?" Sunggyu asked. 

"Mmmmm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter