The Sung Brothers Reunite! ♥

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV:

Sungyeol dragged himself to his room. He saw Woohyun standing inside, one shirt limply in his hands. Sungyeol shrugged when he saw his friend and sat down on the bed.

"Was it just luck?" asked Woohyun.

Sungyeol turned around. "Sorry, what?"

"Was it just luck that I picked him, or what? Fate?" 

Sungyeol didn't respond. He crawled to the floor and started to pick up his dirty clothes and his personal belongings. He saw the picture of his family hidden under his bed and tears stung in his eyes. He pulled the picture out and blowed on it to get the dust away. He'd forgotten about them... If his mother saw him right now, would she be proud of him?

After twenty minutes of silence, Sungyeol had his little bag all packed and his belongings in a huge plastic bag. He hauled the plastic bag over his shoulder and gave Woohyun a grim smile.

"I guess we'll have to survive with our new roommates for a while," Sungyeol said. He patted Woohyun's back and tried to smile again. "You'll be fine. Just don't cause too much commotion without me." 

Woohyun didn't answer. He only pulled out of Sungyeol's grip and continued to shove his dirty clothes into the plastic bag. Sungyeol pulled his luggage behind him and entered the room right across from his ex-room. He saw Sunggyu and Sungjong already in there. There was one bunk bed and one single bed off to the side.

"Oh, hey, Sungyeol," said Sunggyu. 

It was awkward. They never really talked.

"Hello," mumbled Sungyeol. He inched forward into the room, his eyes darting from one place to another. "Uhh... so who's going to get which bed?"

Sungjong plopped himself onto the single bed and yawned. "I don't know." He lyed down on the single bed and spread his arms out like he was trying to claim it. "I don't mind which bed I get," he said innocently, blinking his abnormally huge eyes.

"Sheesh, get off that bed!" Sunggyu laughed. "You're the youngest so you get the last choice."

"What!? Not fair!"

Sungyeol tried not to... but a smie started to tickle on his lips. If Woohyun saw him right now, he would beat him up from head to toe without any mercy. He didn't want to smile... but for such a long time, he didn't talk to either Sunggyu or Sungjong. He ignored them completely.

"Which bed do you want?" Sunggyu asked Sungyeol politely as possible.

Sungyeol pointed at the bed that Sungjong was lying down on sheepishly.

"See!" said Sunggyu victoriously. "As the maknae, you should get the last choice and have Sungyeol have that bed."

"No, I don't mind," sputtered Sungyeol. "Sungjong wants it, so he can have it..."

"Dude," Sunggyu slapped Sungyeol on the back playfully. Then he realized what he did. His face turned pale and he took a few steps away from Sungyeol, rubbing his hands together. "Sorry. Sorry. I didn't meant to do that. Or call you dude."

Sungyeol blinked, confused. He didn't feel anything. The only thing he felt was happiness: he felt like he was surrounded by nice, playful people who didn't think of violence as a fun way to kill time, like Woohyun!, for a change. "You call call me dude. I really don't care, Sunggyu hyung."

Sunggu nodded his head. "Oh. Okay."

There was an awkward silence that filled the air. Sungjong quietly climbed off the bed and sat on the floor, rumaging through his suitcase. Sungyeol watched as the boy pulled out things like a big photobook of his family, postcards that his mom had sent him, and little charms and objects.

"What are those for?" Sungyeol asked. He pointed at the little sculpted horse. It didn't look professional. It was almost a lump of brown clay with four sticks poking out- which could be taken as the horse's legs if looked at carefully.

Sungjong cleared his throat. "It's a sculpture that my family made together on our last trip together... before I got so busy with my Idol life. And before my brother started rebelling, running away from home and taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter