This is Me. From Woohyun.

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun's POV:

Maybe you can think of my perspective for a change. You don't know what I've been through. You don't know what things have gone wrong in my tedious life. Maybe you can think of my perspective for a change, because I've got a story to tell.

Ever since I was a child, I was an outcast. The ugly little boy who sits next to the door, trying to conceal himself and hide from the entire world. But of course, no one ever left me in peace. People came and bullied me, and laughed at me. Honestly, the laughing and namecalling brought more tears and harsh scars to my heart. 

I hated it. I grew up alone, I grew up unloved. My family was always supporting me, and I'm thankful for that. One day, they heard me singing a song. They appoached me and told me "You can't hide from the world. You have to face it." Long story short, they saved money for me to train my vocal skills and look where I am right now. I'm the vocalist of Infinite.

I loved it. The boys in Infinite were nothing like my old schoolmates. They understood me, and we talked about certain things- like secrets. I was never able to pull that childhood story out of me, until L came along. He was a nice boy, a little quiet and mysterious, but he was the best friend that I ever had.

We just clicked together. And after forcing him to swear and pinky-swear and commit to an oath and all that stuff, I told him the story of my life. L listened to my story, nodding, without interrupting. At a moment of my story, I think I saw him wipe a few tears away too.

He was the other half of me. I was the other half of him.

 

Our popularity began to climb up after "Be Mine." There was a huge fansign to be held at Yongsan. Hundreds of people were expected to come- all to see us and get our autograph on the album. That morning, I was excited. It was the first time in my life that I was feeling like this: loved. I didn't recieve much love from friends or had any close peers, so even at my age, I was immature in a way. I was still craving for love and friendship bonds to make.

We rode a van there, and all of us... we were all nervous. Sunggyu was trying to tell us that we were going to be okay, just be confident... but his voice kept on cracking and he was shaking- which made us feel even worse. Eventually, Sungjong, the maknae, had to calm everyone down.

"You nervous?" L had asked.

I bit my lip. "In a way."

"You'll be great," L assured me, giving my hand a light squeeze. "You're good at these things."

Good at these things!? What the hell was my best friend talking about. I was born to be the unloved loner from day 1. Now hundreds of fans are coming... Will there be any fans for me? Did anyone love me as an Idol?

The fansign started. Sungyeol was between me and L, so it prevented us from talking and fooling around. I bet the manager seperated us on purpose. The manager was fretting about the fansign so much in the morning- it was literally insane.

I smiled, grinned and happily shook hands with the fans. Some of them were hyper and screamy. Some of them looked like they were off in another world. Some of them shook hand lazily, like they wanted to move on quicker to the next person (who was, by the way, Hoya.)

I looked over to my best friend and saw his arm getting almost torn out by a fan who wouldn't let go of his hand.

"Uhh..." L said, confused. The girl kept on shaking his hand.

The security came over and had to pry the girl's hand out of L's red, sore hand. After the girl was excorted from the stage, I gave L a little laugh when I managed to catch his eye. L gave me a little shrug. Then he tried to lift a present that was wrapped in gold foil with red stars. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter