White Confession {pt.2} - 'Lately'

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Snow drifted down from the translucent dark blue sky above. Glittering lights were filling the dark with happiness. Seoyoo breathed in the cold air and the smell of gingerbreads from the house nearby. Although it wasn't Christmas yet- it was December 8- society was already preparing themselves for the gathering for Christmas. She turned a corner and peaked in through the curtains of a certain house. There was a happy family of four- a playful father, a loving mother, and two chlidren who were laughing and dancing around the Christmas tree. Watching them made Seoyoo feel happy. In a sense she was happy because she knew that it was something she'd never be able to experience. She watched the father pick up one of the children and spin them around, tickling her. 

"Hey."

Seoyoo turned to see Woohyun coming over to her, in only a simple black sweater and gray training pants. His black hair was ruffled and was covering his eyes. He occasionally ran his fingers through his hair to push it back. She looked down at herself and saw a huge massive coat, earmuffs, a scarf, gloves, and other winter gears. 

"Aren't you cold?" Seoyoo asked, wrapping the scarf around her even tighter. "It's freezing!"

Woohyun shrugged. "I don't feel it," he whispered.

Returning back to the window, Seoyoo pointed at the family inside. "Don't they look so lovely?"

The boy shuffled over and squinted as he looked through the window. Something went through his face when he saw the children playing together. Pain? Happines? Seoyoo couldn't tell exactly. 

One of children saw Woohyun peaking through the curtains and rushed over. He giggled and pressed his nose on the window- making him look like a pig with a squashed nose. Woohyun laughed and pressed his nose against the window too. The mother, seeing a stranger pressing his face over her window, gasped in shock and whirled around.

"Woohyun!" Seoyoo grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the window. She started laughing. "We're going to be seen!"

"I like children," he said. He stretched and casually put his arm around Seoyoo's shoulder like it was the most casual thing to do on a snowy evening outside... alone. Seoyoo nervously swallowed and scanned around to see if L was anywhere around. But she felt so comfortable. When she was with L, she felt like she needed to prove herself worthy of being with him. But being with Woohyun made her feeling like herself.... No. She loved L. They were good together, and L helped her get through lots of things. Woohyun just was a jerk for the whole time and made L's life miserable.

"So," Woohyun tried to start a conversation. He shoved one hand in his pocket and looked down to Seoyoo. "What do you want to do?"

 

* * *

Who was glowing white in the dark night
And sparkled in the white snow
Maybe I, maybe I... still Love you

 

{Woohyun's POV}

I couldn't take it any more. Pulling myself away from her. First when I saw her, I liked her. Honestly. But then she started melting at L's good looks and all, so my instincts kicked in. They told me to drop all my feelings for her. And I did- I swear I tried as hard as I could to ignore her and act mean. I even told her to shut up once, and it nearly broke my heart. I couldn't love her because most of all, I'm bad for her.

She's a young, lovely girl. She has a life and she shouldn't have to deal with a messed up person like me chasing after her. I'm burd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter