I Swear to Tell the Truth

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* * *

I Swear to tell the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth

  

 

* * *

 

"Woohyun. Myungsoo," Sungjong staggered forward and embraced each of his hyungs, tears pouring down. He held them tight, like he never wanted to let them go. "I was so worried."

"The maknae was worried about me?" Woohyun grinned.

Sungjong smiled and nodded. It seemed like wherever L and Woohyun had ran off to, Woohyun came back a changed person. It was astonishing. For so many months and maybe years, Sungjong was afraid of Woohyun. Whenever the hyung would come into the room, he'd drop his conversations and drop his eyes to the floor. He'd go into his room and stay there, always getting ready to plug his ears if another fight arose.

Then there was L. He was the quiet, shy boy who was always sitting by himself while the other members were eating dinner. He always had a few bandages on his cuts, or a bruise here or there. L was the boy who was just there. He was the outcast; the sole freak of the group. Then one day when Woohyun went to incite another fight, L promptly shoved him down, telling him that he wasn't going to stay like this forever.

"Where did you go to?" Sunggyu came out of the room, nodding at each member.

"Hyung, you look so pale," L gasped. "What happened? Did you catch a cold?"

"Sunggyu's not eating," Dongwoo whispered. 

"What?" L cried out. 

"He says that food that goes into his stomach is useless and too precious for him to eat," Sungjong choked out. "He's saying that he wants us well fed, and that he doesn't want any of it."

"Sunggyu," L begged. "You're our leader, and you have to be the strongest out of us all! Mentally and physically!"

The leader cracked a smile and waved him off. "You don't need food to stay strong."

L threw his bag on the floor. "Sunggyu! You're just worrying all of us!" He grabbed a piece of bread from the kitchen table and held it out to Sunggyu. "Eat." The leader smiled and shook his head. "Eat!" Sunggyu's smile started to disappear, and a more fierce glare was coming out.

Woohyun looked around. "Where's Sungyeol?"

The house was quiet.

"Where's Sungyeol?" Woohyun's voice grew louder.

Dongwoo picked at his clothes, Sungjong looked out the window, Hoya closed his eyes completely and Sunggyu focused his gaze on the bread that was being held out to him.

"Where's Seoyoo?" Woohyun was screaming now.

"They're out to take a stand," said Hoya. "They're out to help us all."

 

"You want me to give a speech in the middle of the street?"

"Yeah!" Sungyeol ran forward and flounced about. "Ah! It feels so good to be out of the dinky little house with all the pissed off members. Can we go to the cake shop? No, then we might get almost-caught like Sunggyu. But I can run fast! But the managers can catch me, but who knows what they're doing right now? I can run back home and you can hide and I'll bring you home later."

"What?" Seoyoo said dryly.

"Let's go to the cake shop is what I meant," Sungyeol grinned widely.

"But what about the speech?"

Sungyeol slapped his forehead with his hand. "God! The speech, I forgot!"

"So I'm just going to start talking?"

"When people start recognizing you, yes," Sungyeol fiddled with the microphone. "And I'm going to scream out your name. You're all over the news and you're like the officially wanted MISSING KID so they'll recognize you, Seoyoo, no doubt. And I'm Sungyeol from Infinite! No one wouldn't know me!"

Seoyoo stood there, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter