Mistaken Love

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye and her little secret..

Park Shin Hye. The gorgeous, good and kind-hearted "Angel". Yes. That is how I was well known among my colleagues and patients. But am I really what they think of? Ani. I'm not really that good after all. Wae? Because at some point in my life, I made a mistake. A big mistake yet i'm still in it. I'm the least or last person in everyone's mind to do such mistake but I did. What did I do? I fall in love with a man which I'm not supposed to. Wae? Because he is married. Yes. I fall in love with a married man. I bet everyone will be surprise if they ever find out my little secret. How did I get myself into this mess? In fact, it wasn't a mess from the start. I knew him before her. I was with him before her. We were couple for 3 years. So does that make me the 3rd party? I'm not really sure. Am I? I asked myself many times before but I don't know what is the answer. Do I feel guilty? I don't know. Should I be feeling guilty? I don't know too. It seems like the famous psychiatrist can't even helps herself. Sometimes I keep giving excuses to myself so that it makes me feel better. I know. I'm just cheating myself, cheating her, cheating everyone. Everyday I'm giving consultation to my patient, but not myself. I know I should have put a stop on this unhealthy relationship but I just couldn't. You might think I'm selfish. Probaby I'm. I just couldn't bear to see him in pain. Still remembered the first time when I asked for the break up. It was the night before I was leaving London to pursue my degree. I know is unfair to make him wait for me 3 years. So I made the decision. I asked for a break up. That is the first time I see him cried. The second time was the other night, when I found out about the marriage, about her. I really feel like a fool at that time, after being together with him for 3 months, I only got to realised that I was dating a married man. I was mad, and confused. That was the second time we break up. 2 weeks later, he came to look for me, drunk. He was crying and begging me to with him. He told me that he doesn't love her, marrying her is just what his parents asked, not what he wants, he is sad, he is heartbroken. He said he can't live without me. I hesitated but at the end, my heart once melted and we got back together. I know I shouldn't had agreed to him, but I was very much in love with him to say no, I love him, and I can't lose him either. That is when I started to become the 3rd party, our secret affair started. . . I know. I deserved these names. I know I'm into something which I shouldn't have, but I just couldn't stop till that day. What he said to me. His words. It triggered me. I started to realised that I need to wake up from this dream, the dream that does not belongs to me. I started to ask myself whether worth it to love him, whether I should continue loving him, whether he is the right one for me...All these questions started to pop up one by one after what he told me.

"Did you perhaps mistaken all of these for love?"

Who is the one that asked me this? Is funny when I think about it. Because the person who asked me this is also a married man - Lee Min Ho.

After shower, Shin Hye lied on her bed. She was tired. It was a long day for her. Just then, her mobile rang. "Unknown ID" on the screen. She looks at it and wonders who could it be. She picked up the call anyway. 

Shin Hye : Yeoboseyo

Min Ho : Is me. Mr. Lee, So Won's father. 

Shin Hye : Oh. Mr. Lee.

Min Ho : Sorry to call you at this hour. But I just called to confirm about the appointment. 

Shin Hye : No worries. Ms Kim tried to call to confirm the appointment but she couldn't get you. So will this Thursday 5pm fine with you? 

Min Ho : Oh. Mianhe. I was in a meeting for the whole day. Neh. Thu, 5pm is good. I will be flying off tomorrow morning. But I will let So Won's nanny knows about this. 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

Min Ho : Gamsahamida. 

Shin Hye : You're welcome. 

~~~

Today is the day, the appointment with So Won. Shin Hye drove to the address texted by Min Ho. She parked her car outside the house. Is a nice and modern banglo. She walked to the gate and pressed the door bell. Not long later, an old lady came. 

Shin Hye : Annyeong. I'm Dr Park. 

Ahjumma : Annyeong. Dr Park. I'm Ahjumma Im, So Won's nanny. Master already informed about your visit today. Please come in. 

Shin Hye : Gamsahamida. Ahjumma Im.

Shin Hye follows Ahjumma inside the house. The interior design is simple yet elegant. Very much like how Mr. Lee's style, that is what Shin Hye had in her mind.

Shin Hye : Ahjumma. Where is So Won? 

Ahjumma : She is in her room. Let me brings you there. 

Shin Hye : Thank you. 

~~~

Shin Hye : So Won. 

So Won : Hm. (playing with her barbie doll) 

Shin Hye : Do you remember me? 

So Won : Hm. (eyes still focusing on the doll) 

Shin Hye : Oh. I see that you give the doll some new clothing. 

So Won : Hm. 

Shin Hye : Did you make these? 

So Won : Ahjumma made these for Dolly. (She looks up to Shin Hye) Are you coming here to take Dolly back? 

Shin Hye : Dolly? 

So Won : Dolly is the name I gave to her. 

Shin Hye : Is a nice name. 

So Won looks at her, with teary eyes. 

Shin Hye : Wae? 

So Won : Can you don't take Dolly back? Because she is the only friend I have. 

Shin Hye : You have Ahjumma and your Appa. Don't you? 

So Won : They are not my friend. 

Shin Hye : How come? They are your family. Family can be friends too. 

So Won : I don't like them being my friends. 

Shin Hye : So how about me then? Can I be your friend? 

So Won : You? 

Shin Hye : Hm. Will you take me as your friend? 

So Won : You want to be my friend? 

Shin Hye : Hm. Since Dolly is your friend and Dolly is my friend, I guess that make us friends too. So what would you say? I will leave Dolly here if you take me as your friend too. 

So Won : Hm. Okay. 

Shin Hye : Pinky promise. 

So Won tilted her head to the right. 'Pinky promise'. She looks at Shin Hye, something blur out from her..

So Won : Omma...

Shin Hye : Mueos?! 

So Won : 'Pinky promise'. 

So Won did a pinky promise to Shin Hye. Since that day, they become closer. 

~~~

Few days later, when Min Ho got back from his business trip. He dialled Shin Hye's number but it went to voicemail. 

Min Ho : Ah. I wonder how is the session with So Won. She is not picking up. Ah. Did she gives up yet? Aish. So Won. No one can handle her. I think I should look for another pyschiatrist just in case. 

He lets out a deep sigh. 

~~~

Min Ho re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter