Today is a Gift

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yesterday is history. I planned to let it stay as it is.....but then you just appears out of nowhere...and today is a gift."

Flashes back

Min Ho is woke up early before the alarm rang. He saw the blanket cover his body. I knew it. It wasn't a dream. It was her. He quickly gets up and went to look for Shin Hye. He needs to confirm one thing with her. But before he did so, something caught his attention. There was a paper on the side table. He took it and read it. It was from her. 

Dear Min Ho Oppa, 

I know from the minute you are awake for sure you will look for me. By the time you read this, I'm sure you know that I'm no longer in your place. I'm gone. I'm sorry to just leave you a note and left without saying goodbye. I'm sorry. I'm not very good in saying goodbye face to face and I don't think I can face you at this moment. This would be the best choice for me.

Thank you and Sorry. I only can think of these words. Thank you for appearing in my life, even though is a short period, but it was the best moments of my life. Thanks for being there for me all the time whenever I'm alone and feeling empty. Thanks for being my pillar whenever I'm about to fall. Thanks for cheering me up whenever we were with them. Thanks for taking care of me. Thanks for everything. I feel like I'm the luckiest woman in the world because of your love and your care. I'm glad that I met you. It was a beautiful gift to me.

Sorry oppa, I can only apologise to you. I can't let you continue to love me. Your care, Your love, I can't ask for more. Thanks for falling in love with me but sorry, please forget about me. Forget about everything between us. Forget about yesterday. I'm not worth your love. You should have someone that love you fully, not me, not a person like me which doesn't know what is going on and confuse about her feelings. I made mistake once, I can't allow myself to make anymore mistake. He was the mistake and I can't do the same to you. Probably we are better off as friends than lovers. Don't look for me anymore. Let's just forget about everything. Yesterday is history. I planned to let it stay as it is.

Forget me, Min Ho oppa. This will be the last time calling you oppa. I believe you could find a better person than me, at least someone worth your love.

From Shin Hye. 

~~~

Min Ho crushed the paper and hold it tight to his chest. Why are you blaming yourself for this? It wasn't your fault that I fall for you. There is no one ever make me feel the way like you do. Just then you don't know yet. Are you going to run away again? Avoiding me? Why do you always blame yourself for everything......

~~~

Early morning he received a phone call from Mrs. Kim, Shin Hye's personal assistant. He feels weird receiving calls from her at such an early hour.

Mrs Kim : Mr. Lee.

Min Ho : Yes.

Mrs Kim : Sorry to inform you that Ms Lee So Won's appointment with Dr Park this Thursday will have to postponed to 2 weeks later. Will that be fine with you?

Min Ho : 2 weeks later?

Mrs Kim : Neh.

Min Ho : Is there any reason why?

Mrs Kim : She is on vacation. Was a last minute plan.

Min Ho : Vacation? Last minute plan? Dr Park on a trip?

Mrs Kim : Neh. She is taking 2 weeks off.

Min Ho : Do you know where Dr Park heading?

Mrs Kim : Erm....I d-don't think---

Min Ho cuts in : Sorry to ask, cause I afraid I might not be available 2 weeks later, so just wonder if I could just bring my daughter to come next week. Will she be in town? 

Mrs Kim : Ani. Next week is not possible. She will be in San Francisco. Opps. Mr Lee. (paused a while) Please don't tell Dr Park I told you this. 

Min Ho : Neh Neh. Gamsahamida. 

~~~

Min Ho : Park Shin Hye. Yes. A seat next to her. Get me a ticket to San Francisco. Same flight. Same time. Arraso! 

Min Ho makes a phone call to his secretary while he is driving to the airport. He called Ahjumma to make sure she will be fetching So Won from school and take care of her when he is away. Please wait for me.

~~~

When he reached the airport. He immediately rushed to the counter and check-in. He nearly miss the flight but he was lucky enough because he knew the captain of the flight. It was his best friend, II Woo. After knowing II Woo was the captain, he made a call before he reached the airport. 

Min Ho : Yeoboseyo. Is me. 

II Woo : Aish. You are lucky. I'm about to fly off soon. 

Min Ho : Are you flying to San Francisco today? 

II Woo : Neh. H-How did---

Min Ho cuts in : I need a favour. 

II Woo : Don't ask me something impossibl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter