Letting Go

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is had been 2 weeks since that day. The day that they kissed. The day she realized her love for him is not the same as before because of another person. A man that recently appears in her life. He was there when she was left alone. He was there to filled up the emptiness in her. He was there to cheered her up. He was the first one that knew her secret. He was the one that asked her don't waste her tear anymore. He was the one that helped her, pretended to be her namja chingu..It was him, she survived..and also because of him...she realized that she should let go of this secret affair, this relationship, let go Ha Neul. I can't make you stay. I need to let you go. You belongs to her. Is wrong for me to have you because I was the one that let go of you. Annyeong, my love...is time for me to wake up from this beautiful dreams. For me to realized that you can only stay in my heart but not in my life.....thank you for giving me such beautiful memories....

Ahjumma Kim : Agasshi. Why aren't you eating? Are you not feeling well? 

Shin Hye : Ani. I just tired. 

Ahjumma Kim : You had been very tired recently. You lost weights. Did you not like the food? 

Shin Hye : Ani. Ahjumma. Don't worry. I'm fine. (look around) Appa is not back yet? 

Ahjumma Kim : Master called back this morning. Because of some business issues, he probably have to prolonged his stay in London. He said he will call again to confirm the date. 

Shin Hye : Oh. Ara. Gomawo Ahjumma. 

~~~

On the other hand, So Won is at the dining hall with Min Ho. They are having dinner. Min Ho looks at So Won, she is playing with her food instead of eating. 

Min Ho : So Won. What are you doing? You know is not good to play with your food....

So Won cuts in : How come Mama Gom so long never come visit me? 

Min Ho's hand on his nape. He didn't know how to answer So Won. Since that day, they kissed. That night he texted her. There is no news of her. He didn't want to make things worst, so he didn't call or text her. He thinks is better for them to clear their mind, or probably he is afraid that she will rejects him.

Min Ho : S-Shin Hye...Probably she is b-busy with work? 

So Won : Ani. I used your mobile called her just now, she didn't pick up my call. (said with pouty lips) 

Min Ho (eye's widened) : Y-You what? 

So Won : I said I called Mama Gom. 

Min Ho : Yes. I know. But what you said before? 

So Won : I said she didn't pick up my call. 

Min Ho : Ah. Ani. Not that. What you said before? 

So Won : I used your mobile..... 

Min Ho (hand on his forehead) : Aishhhh-----

So Won (shocked) : Wae? 

Min Ho : I--I....

So Won's eyes stared at Min Ho. 

So Won : Did you make Mama Gom angry? 

Min Ho : I-Is not that.... 

Min Ho couldn't find a word or doesn't know what to tell So Won. So Won leaves her seat and go to the house phone. 

Min Ho : YAH!!! What are you doing? 

So Won didn't reply Min Ho. She ignores him and continues what she is doing. Just a few seconds....

So Won : MAMA GOM!!! 

Shin Hye : S-So Won? 

So Won : Did you forget about So Won? How come you didn't come to visit me? 

Shin Hye : I-I...

So Won : I called you just now but you didn't pick up. I asked Appa why but he can't tell me why...d-did he make you angry? 

Shin Hye : Why do you say so? 

So Won : Because he is good at making people angry. Did he make you angry that's why you don't come to see me? 

Shin Hye : A-Ah Ani. I-Is because I'm busy with work. 

So Won : But how about me? I thought I'm also your work? 

Shin Hye (chuckles) : Silly girl. You are not my work. We are chingu, remembered? 

So Won (smiling) : Are you free tomorrow? 

Shin Hye : T-Tomorrow? 

So Won : Hm. 

Shin Hye : I-I...Tomorrow I don't think I have time...but Mama Gom promised you I will come visit you when I'm less busy at work..

So Won : Promised. 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

~~~

Few days passed, when Shin Hye is about to sleep. She got a text. It is from Min Ho. 

I'm at your front gate. 

From MH

She got a shocked when read the text. Is raining and he is outside? What the heck is he doing? She quickly ran downstairs to the gate. She saw Min Ho and So Won. 

Shin Hye : W-Why are you-----

So Won (crying) : M-Mama Gom------

Shin Hye : W-Why is she crying? 

She quickly opens the gate for them. She brings them inside the living room. She asked Ahjumma Kim to gets some towels and makes some hot tea for them. 

Min Ho : She misses you. 

Shin Hye looks at So Won which is still crying. 

Shin Hye : So Won, why are you crying? (she looks at Min Ho, trying to know why she is crying) Why is she crying? 

Min Ho : I don't know. I found her crying in her room when I reached back. She won't tell me why. She just said she misses you. 

Ahjumma Kim passed the towels to Shin Hye. Shin Hye is helping So Won to dry her hair. She passes the other towel to Min Ho. 

Shin Hye (soft voice) : Dry yourself before you catch a flu. 

Min Ho : G-Gomawo. 

Shin Hye (looks at So Won) : So Won. Can you tell me why are you crying? 

So Won (sobbing) : P-Parent's day c-coming. I n-need to perform b-but I d-don't know w-what can I p-perform...a-and E-Eomma....(she starts crying again) 

Shin Hye : Shhhh...(hugging her tightly) Don't cry So Won. Mama Gom here will help you, arraso? 

So Won : Y-You will? 

Shin Hye : Hm. H-How about piano? I can teach you play piano. A simple song. So Won is a smart girl, I know you sure will pick up fast. 

So Won starts smiling. She nods her head. 

So Won : B-But our house don't have piano. (with pouty lips) 

Shin Hye : I have. Come. 

Shin Hye brings her to where her piano is. Min Ho followed behind. 

Min Ho : You g-got a nice hall. 

Shin Hye : Thanks. 

So Won : I-Is that your piano? 

Shin Hye : Yes. That is my piano. But this is actually a grand piano. 

Shin Hye shows her some pictures she took, teaching her to differentiate a grand piano and a normal piano. So Won listens carefully. Shin Hye brings her and asked her to sit next to her. They are in front of the piano. 

Shin Hye (smiling) : What song do you like? 

So Won : A Certain Heart Fluttering...I like this song very much. 

Shin Hye : Chincha? That is my favourite song too...

So Won : Can you play this song for me? 

Shin Hye : Neh. You will sing? 

So Won : Hm. 

~~~

 ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬  ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

You can’t get familiar with something from the beginning

I think of the flickering moments so my heart can rush again No one can be perfect
I think of the heart pounding moments so they can shine again Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward
Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words I didn’t know what it meant in the beginning
Or what I had to do Don’t hesitate but approach me first and show me
Your fluttering heart Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward
Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward
Don’t rush it, it’s okay
Even if things don’t happen as you hoped they would
Just wait
With a certain heart fluttering feeling Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward
Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬  ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

~~~

Shin Hye starts playing the song and So Won sings along. Min Ho sits at the couch looking at them. He is amazed with her piano skill. This is the first time for him. Looking at So Won and Shin Hye, makes him curled his lips into a smile without realizing it. He is smiling like a fool. I know I'm in trouble. I think I had already fallen for her, and this time, deeper than the previous time....

~~~

Just when they are enjoying the music, a phone call interrupted them. She looked at the screen and she silenced it and put it aside. 

So Won : Who is it? 

Shin Hye : O-Oh. Just some random number. 

Min Ho noticed her face expression. He knows is him. He wonders what happened between them.

~~~

So Won : I will come tomorrow after class. Annyeong. 

Shin Hye : Hm. I will be here by 6.30pm. (turn to Min Ho) If you are not free, I can pick her on my way back from work. 

Min Ho : Kwenchana. I will fetch her here. Anyway, thanks for your help. (turn to So Won) Are you happy now? Next time, promise Appa never cry like this anymore, arraso? 

So Won ignores him. She turns to Shin Hye and hugged her. Min Ho lets out a sigh. 

Min Ho : I guess she only listens to you. (jokingly) Why don't you just stay here with your Mama Gom...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter