Escaping

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye got a shocked when she felt someone seated next to him. A packet of tissue was placed in front of her. She looks up. Is Min Ho. He sees tears forming up in her eyes. 

Min Ho : Is not worth your tears. Keep it for someone special or probably happy occasion. 

Shin Hye : Mueos?! Why are you here? 

Min Ho looks deep into her eyes. He feels the pain inside her. Indescribable pain. He doesn't know why, but seeing her like this, he doesn't feel good. He doesn't know why and how, but he ended up wiping off her tears using his thumb. Shin Hye was stunned at his reaction. 

Shin Hye : I-I......K-Kwenchana..

Min Ho : You won't be tearing if you are fine. So, don't fake to be strong when you are not. 

Shin Hye : I-I....G-Gomawo. 

There was an awkward silence between them. Both doesn't know what to said to each other. But deep inside her heart, she thanked him again. At least with him next to her, she doesn't feel left out at all. At least, she feels she is not alone. Being the one that left behind, seeing the loves one walking away with another woman is just another pain she needs to endures whenever she is with them. But somehow for this time, she doesn't feel that much of the pain, is it because of her love wavered? Or because this happens to her too often and she is numb to it? She doesn't know the answer and doesn't bother anymore. She is tired. She just need a peace in her mind.....  

Min Ho breaks the silence : S-Shin Hye, Am I right? 

Shin Hye : N-Neh. Mr. Lee. 

Min Ho : Just call me Min Ho will do. 

Shin Hye : Oh...

Min Ho : Min Ho.

Shin Hye : N-Neh. M-Min Ho. 

Min Ho : D-Do you want to join us? I-I mean So Won is actually opposite cafe, we were having lunch, d-do you want to join us? 

Shin Hye : I-I...

Min Ho : Have you taken your lunch yet? 

Shin Hye shakes her head. She was supposed to have lunch with him. They supposed to be enjoying their lunch at this cafe which she wanted to come badly, but ended up her plan is ruined. Her lunch with him ruined when she appeared....

Min Ho : H-Have you taken your lunch? From the look of it, it doesn't seem like it. D-Do you want to e-eat?

Shin Hye : Hm. 

Min Ho : Wait here. 

Shin Hye : M-Muoes?!

Before Shin Hye able to questions him what does that mean by asking her to wait, he already gets off the seats and disappear. She sees him running opposite the cafe, she sees him pay the bills and the next things she knows is he is here with So Won. 

So Won : M-Mama Gom!!!

So Won straights away runs to her and hugs her when she sees her. 

Shin Hye : Annyeong. 

Shin Hye gives a weak smiles to So Won. Even is a smile, but Min Ho sense pain in the smile, is a 'hard-smile'. Min Ho knows very well that she is still upset. He doesn't know what happened to her, to the man that left her, and the other woman. But one thing for sure, he knows that the man is someone important to her, probably someone she cares a lot...

So Won chooses a seat next to her. She is happy to see her. She misses her.

So Won : Mama---

Min Ho : So Won. 

So Won : Opps. Unnie. U-Unn-ie. Appa said you haven't eat your lunch. Let's eat together. 

Shin Hye : B-But I thought you just ate?

So Won : Ah. Kwenchana. 

So Won ignores her, she just opens the food menu. She points at one of the signature dish - mushroom and basil leaf pasta and shows it to Shin Hye. 

Shin Hye : You want this? 

So Won : Ani. Y-You. 

Shin Hye : M-Me? 

So Won : Mushroom pasta is your favourite. I remembered you told me before. 

Shin Hye : Kure. Do you want to share with me then? 

So Won : Hm. Just a little bit. 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

~~~

After lunch, they waved goodbye. When they are at the parking bay exit, Min Ho saw Shin Hye. She is at the nearby taxi stand. Min Ho drives his car near her and stops his car.

Min Ho : Where are you heading? 

Shin Hye : I-I..J-Just heading home. 

Min Ho : Y-You didn't drive?

Shin Hye gives him a weak smile. She didn't drive. She was with him, it was him that fetch her there, she never thought that she will be getting a cab home instead. Min Ho lets out a sigh.

Min Ho : Don't stand there. Get in.

Shin Hye : K-Kwenchana. I-I can get a c-cab...

Min Ho : Is hard to get a cab at this hour. Trust me. I'm very familiar with the place here. You probably have to wait another hour for a cab. Get in. I will drop you off. 

So Won : Unnie. Get in. You can sit behind with me. 

So Won opens the back seat door for her. Shin Hye has no choice since So Won had already opened the back seat door and waiting for her to get in. She gets in, sits next to her. So Won smiles at her, she links her arm with hers.

So Won : Don't worry. Appa will send you home.

Min Ho : Where do you stay?

Shin Hye : Gwangjin-Gu. I t-think is q-quite far from here. 

Min Ho : Is just 40 minutes away. You can rest if you want. So Won, take a nap, when reach, Appa will wakes you, arraso. 

So Won didn't reply him. She just keeps playing Shin Hye's hands. Looking at her finger, her bracelet. Min Ho lets out another sigh. The journey started, about 20 minutes later, Min Ho looks at the rear mirror, he saw them. Both were asleep, So Won's head lays on her arm and Shin Hye's hand hugging her. Doesn't know why, but seeing this, his lips curled up into a smiles. After 40 minutes drive, they reached. Min Ho tries to wakes Shin Hye without waking So Won. 

Min Ho (whispered) : Shin Hye. Shin Hye. W-We are here. 

Shin Hye woke up. 

Shin Hye : O-Oh. Mianhe. I-I fall asleep.

Min Ho : We are here. 

Shin Hye : Neh. Min Ho-ssi, g-gomawo. 

Before Shin Hye closes the car door, Min Ho's hand signal her. She looks at him. 

Min Ho : Cry no more, don't tear for people that don't worth your tears. Have a good rest. Annyeong. 

Shin Hye just smiles at him. She waved goodbye. 

~~~

Shin Hye backs to her room. She placed her bags on the desk. She took out her mobile to charged. It was in silent mode. She saw there were 25 missed calls and 10 text messages. She opens the texts, go through it one by one....

Message 1 : Shin Hye. Please pick up my call. Shin Hye.....

Message 2 : Are you home yet? Please pick up my call.....

Message 3 : Shin Hye, please call me back, I miss you....

Message 4 : Shin Hye. Mianhe for leaving you. Can you please pick up my call.....

Before she opens the 5th message, she just cries out loud. She couldn't hold her tears anymore. She is suffocating. She doesn't know what she should do, or what could she do. She is clueless. She just puts her mobile aside, a picture of her and him were on the side table of her bed. She looks at the picture, her tears flow down to her cheeks

~~~

Ha Neul : Miss. Miss.

Shin Hye : Are you calling me?

Ha Neul : Neh. You drop your purse.

Shin Hye : Oh. Gamsahamida.

Ha Neul : You're welcome. By the way, I'm Kang Ha Neul-imnida.

Shin Hye : I'm Park Shin Hye-imnida. Thank god you found my purse. I was heading to buy some books. It will be a nightmare if I couldn't get the books today.

Ha Neul : I see.  

Shin Hye : Mianhe, I need to rush to the shop now before is close. Gamsahamida Ha Neul-ssi. Annyeong.

~

Shin Hye : Ah. Ha Neul-ssi. You are here? 

Ha Neul : Neh. I like the cappucino here. How about you? You came with your friends?

Shin Hye : Oh. Ani. I always come here to get the latte here. My favourite and is near my place. Y-You?

Ha Neul : Suppose to meet up with my friend. Last minute, he can't make it. C-Care to join me?

Shin Hye : Hm. Neh. This is my treat. Thanks for returning my purse for me that day. 

~

Ha Neul : S-Shin Hye. A-Are you free tonight? D-Do you want dinner together?

Shin Hye chuckles : I-Is that a date? Are you asking me out? 

Ha Neul : W-Well. If I say yes, will you say yes too? 

Shin Hye : Let's eat dinner and see how things goes. 

Ha Neul : So dinner is on? 

Shin Hye smiling : Neh. 

~

Ha Neul : What are you doing?

Shin Hye : At home, nothing much.

Ha Neul : Oh. Will you be free tonight? Want to go out with me?

Shin Hye : Is this one of your date asking out day?

Ha Neul : Neh.

Shin Hye : Y-You are very direct.

Ha Neul : What's wrong being direct? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter