Rewind

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You will always be my dearest Princess. I love you."

6 years ago...

"Congratulation, Mr. Lee. Is a girl....."

0920. September 20th. The most happiest day of my life. The day when she exists in my life. Her existence made my title changed. From a simple man to a man with huge responsible. A father. I actually never ever think that I will become a father, especially not when this was an arranged marriage. But things does happened when you least expected it. Remembered back then, waiting outside the operation theater. 1 hour, 2 hours...and then I heard the crying sound. A few minutes later, a nurse came out. She told me the good news. Then few seconds later, another nurse came out, she was having something with her. A tiny thing on her hand. Before I said anything, they told me that is my daughter. She was so tiny that time. I was really nervous. My hands were shivering when they said I could hold her. At first I hesitated, I was afraid, then the nurse taught me. And that was the first time I carried her.

~~~

"From now on, your name will be So Won. Lee So Won...."

I had been busy. Not about work. But the name for her. I even bought a baby name book as reference. I wanted to find a perfect name for her. it took me 2 weeks to find it. Lee So Won. This is the name I gave to her. When I told her the name, she smiled. That smile melts my heart. It was the best gift I ever received in my life.

~~~

"Omo omo. You can walk now...my little princess...."

Just two steps and she fell down. She didn't cry. Tough and strong. Just like me. Holding her tiny hand, helping her to stand up and guide her how to walk. She did it after few attempts. That day, the house is full of my laughter. I couldn't contain my happiness.

~~~

"Saeng-il chuka hamida....saeng-il chuka to So Won....."

Time passes really fast. Is had been a year. Although this marriage is a mistake to start with but having So Won really change everything. She actually brings happiness to the family. Our relationship becomes much better. At least we talk. The longest conversation we ever had since our marriage was the day we were having a birthday celebration for So Won. Her 1st birthday. I bought a strawberry cake for So Won. I still remembered her eyes were staring at the cake when she saw the cake. And she was drooling. Her tiny hands keep wanting to touch the cake. It was great to see how excited she was. My little princess. Saeng-il chuka. Appa wishes you happy always.

 

~~~

"A-Ap-ppa....."

The first word. It was a Sunday. I was taking a nap at the couch in the living hall. I felt something slowly crawling on top of me. When I opened my eyes, I smiled, it was So Won. She looked at me and laughed. Then, out of the sudden, she said "Ap-ppa". I was there smiling like a fool, tears start forming at the corner of my eyes. Happy tears. I was so touched. I gave her a kiss.  

 

~~~

"Appa, I love you."

Father's day. That morning So Won came to the study room. She brought a card with her. It was a handmade card. She made it herself. I looked at the card. I asked her, what is that. Her replies melts my heart.

"Appa. Happy Father's Day. This is a handmade card for you. Appa, I love you."

 

~~~

"I love Appa very much. I want to stay with Appa forever and ever. I will never leave Appa."

For a 5 years old girl, she is indeed a sweet talker. I remembered that night after the bedtime "Cinderella" Story, I asked her.

"So Won, when you grown up in the future, will you still remember and love Appa like you do now?"

She smiled at me. She then whispered at my ear telling me that she will never leave me.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter