A Single Dad

It Started With a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Annyeong. Thanks for your subscription and your support. This is a story of two different people, even each have their own life but somehow they met in the intersection of the life path. This is a story of them. A story that I'm about to tell. Who am I? I'm Lee So Won.  Many years ago, I'm only 6 years old. I'm living with my appa. He is a tall and handsome man. People said he is a smart and successful business man. But to me, I don't really care, all I know is that he is a lousy dad to me. That was before I know the truth.....

 

 

"Not too long ago, we were happy. Her favorite words were 'Appa, I love you'....."

"Now. I no longer hear her saying 'Appa, I love you'. Instead of that, all I hear now is "Appa, I hate you....."

 

 

Park Shin Hye. Hyenie is her nickname given by her Appa and Omma. Her Omma died when she was 6 years old. She was raised by her Appa - Park Ji Sung. Park Ji Sung is a Cardiology & Heart Specialist in JS Seoul Hospital, he is also the owner of JS Seoul Hospital. Like father like daughter, Shin Hye studied medical too but she graduated as a psychiatrist instead. She started working in JS Seoul Hospital as a practice doctor when she was 22 years old. Even just a short period and being a psychiatrist for 5 years, she is well-known. The patients including the staffs of JS Seoul Hospital love her. She is known as the youngest, brilliant and pretty doctor in JS Seoul Hospital.

"Helping people is something I love to do. That is my job. My happiness is because of the people I saved", that is her favorite statement. That is her, Park Shin Hye. 

~~~

Is close to midnight, in one of the luxury mansion, the light of one of the room still on. Shin Hye is still awake. Something is keeping her awake. Is because of the last file she was going through. The file which belongs to the patient that she just met today. She had been reading through the notes that she jots down over and over again, each time she looked at the last point noted, she lets out a deep sigh. 

Profile of Lee So Won Lee So Won or known as Won-nie, she prefers to be called So Won Born 21 Oct 2008. 6 years old Father - Lee Min Ho, business man Loves Barbie Doll Avoid her father's gaze when he talks to her Go against her father all the time Used to be cheerful and talkative. Now like to be alone and always quiet Stubborn and refuse to listen Mother passed away 3 months ago

Shin Hye : She must be missing her Omma badly.....just like me. (tears drop on her hand) 

Shin Hye flashes back to her only memory of her mother, which was from the day she died, November 22, 1965. She remembered that day. Her Omma was taken away because heart failure. It was a lovely morning, her Omma was with her, combing her hair for her and out of a sudden, the comb dropped on the floor. She turned around and saw her Omma's hand keep pressing on her chest, she seemed to have difficulty in breathing. She yelled for help. Her Appa rushed out from the study room. She saw Appa trying to save her Omma. She was there, and that time she is still young, not knowing what to do, the only thing she did was cry and stand there looking at her Appa. When she saw her Omma's hand trying to reached for her, she quickly went over and squatted next to her Omma, holding her Omma's hand, calling Omma. She knew that she lost her Omma when the moment she felt the hand grip loosen. She looked at her Omma, yelling out loud "Omma". She held tight to her Omma's hand. She looked at her Appa, she saw the face expression on him. She saw tears flowing out down to his face. 

Mr Park (crying) : Mianhe, Shin Hye. Appa didn't managed to save Omma. Appa couldn't save Omma.....

Her mind got back when she heard someone knocking on the door.

Shin Hye : Who is that?

A familiar voice was heard and she asked the person to come in. The door opens, an old lady aged closed to 50 years old walks in and greets the her, is Ahjumma Kim, the nanny that had been taking care of her since young. 

Shin Hye : Ahjumma Kim?

Ahjumma Kim : Ms Park. Is late and you are still awake? I thought you forgot to switch off your room light but didn't know you are still working.

Shin Hye : Oh. Mianhe, Ahjumma Kim. Just a bit more then I will go to sleep. Don't worry. Please rest early.

Ahjumma Kim : Neh. You too.

Shin Hye : Goodnight Ahjumma. 

She looked back at the file when Ahjumma left. She closed the file and lied on the bed. She can't sleep. She closed her eyes trying to rest, but is not working. Her mind keep flashing out what happened today, the meeting with So Won and Min Ho. Her patient....

Shin Hye : Ms Kim. How many patient left today? 

Ms Kim is the nurse that manages Shin Hye's daily schedule. She is closed to 40 years old. Although she is not as fast as the young, fresh graduate, but she has been working with Shin Hye since she first joined. Shin Hye knows that she needs the jobs as she is a single mom that needs to look after 2 kids. She sympathized her. She keeps her. That is Shin Hye. Always helpful, nice and friendly. The "Angel" or "Goddess" of JS Seoul Hospital, that is her, known by the patients and the staffs of JS Seoul Hospital. 

Ms Kim : Dr. Shin Hye. Left one. (looks at the clock) The appointment is at 3pm. But the patient is not here yet. 

Just then, she heard some noise. She sees a tall handsome man with a cute young girl. As they walking closer, she can sees the anger in the young girl. Her face is black and it seems that she is frustrated. 

Min Ho : Sorry. We are late. I'm Lee Min Ho. I had made an appointment at 3pm. 

Ms Kim : Oh. Mr. Lee----

Shin Hye cuts in : Is ok. You are not that late. (She gives them a smile) Ms Kim. Please hand the file to me. I will take it from here.

~~~

Shin Hye : Please. Take a seat. 

Min Ho (narrow his eyes) : Y-You are Dr Park Shin Hye? 

Shin Hye : Neh. (notice his face reaction) Is there any problem? 

Min Ho : How old are you? 

Shin Hye : Well. I'm 27. 

Min Ho : A-Are you sure you are Dr Park Shin Hye? You are the famous psychiatrist that they mentioned? 

Shin Hye : You are right. I can see that you are not very convinced that I'm the doctor that they mentioned. I can refer you to another Doctor if you are---

Min Ho cuts in : Yes. Can you please do so. 

So Won : NO! I WANT HER! (folding her arm and showing a sour face)

Min Ho : So Won. Appa---

So Won : I WANT HER! (eyes filled with anger)

Min Ho : Ara. Ara. Sorry Dr Park. Please continue. 

So Won finally stopped making noise when Min Ho asked Shin Hye to continue. He lets out a deep sigh. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter