Business

BLANK

As soon as he is out of the room the man looks at me and I start to regret my choice immediately; I can sense the lust transpiring trough his skin and I’m sure he can smell the fear in me but I put on my best tough face before my whole plan falls apart.

“I’m here to offer you a better deal than that of the Kan family” I firmly state. He seems to be taken aback.

“oh ho” he whistles and his eyebrows arch up “That’s a major deal, lady. It’s not something that can be overmatched easily even if you are a Son”

I don’t like the way he is staring at me, like I’m his pray. I’ve only felt this way when I was with Myungsoo but it never crossed my mind that he’d place on me, unlike this man who I’m almost sure wants to do something horrible to me.

“I’ll pay 50% more that what they’re paying you.”

“And you must be aware that I can’t cancel my agreement with them without consequences, I’d have a death wish if I did so” he sighs in a dramatic way before looking to the floor and the raising his eyes to me “unless… no, nevermind”

“what?” I pressure and he leans forward.

“It’s quite the high price” a smug grin appears on his face.

 

MYUNGSOO’s POV

I pace back and forth in front of the desk in my studio like a caged lion. I can’t seem to get their ‘little reunion’ off my head and what they were talking about. Apparently Ami has amnesia or something and for some reason they don’t want us together. And then there’s that vision I had; just what the hell was that?! Can anyone tell what is going on?

“Agh!” I scratch my head way too hard, trying to get myself together when someone knocks the door “what?”

“I got a call” Sungkyu informs me before opening the door “Apparently; the heiress of the Son clan is having a meeting with Mr. Park”

“Let it be. She is not capable of getting that deal by herse…” I’m cut off by realizing she has something I don’t. She is a woman “get the car and Hoya, I’ll meet you downstairs” I order and he immediately obliges.

I open the a secret shelf in my desk and take out my favorite weapon; I don’t use weapons because I have Hoya and Sungkyu to defend me but I carry it just in case: a black katana that’s been passed through generations of leaders of this Clan.

Hoya and sungkyu are already in the car by the time i go out. I still dont know if I can fully trust them but Im aware I can win a fight against them.

Sungkyu is driving faster than needed without saying a thing snd hoya has that blood thirsty smile in his eyes. He really likes to fight, no wonder he stand out amongst the other disciples to become my bodyguards.

"why so silent?" The older finally ask, eyes still on the road

“Am I?"

They both nod and I start to regret doubting them for a second. I know them as well as my own shadow but you know what they say about shadows: they tend to leave you when it’s dark.

“No, I was just thinking how I’ve changed trough the years” I say with the intention to start a conversation on what they said about me being a whole different person.

“You haven’t changed that much” Sunggyu answers as I expected him to.

“are you sure?” I pressure.

“yeah, you still have that blank expression of yours” hoya laughs “Back then, when they told us the next master was coming to greet us I expected a blood thirsty, psycho-like boss but instead you were looking at us with no emotion at all. That was even scarier” he looks out the window.

“hmm, it was” Sunggyu adds with a nostalgic smile; as he skillfully turns the steering wheel and steps on the accelerator.

“So that means you are scared of me?” I scoff “Such loyal bodyguards”

“Not anymore” Hoya answers in behalf of sunggyu “we respect you”

It gives me the impression he is not lying but I won’t be moved by pretty words so easily. It’s better to change the subject before the atmosphere becomes even more awkward.

“So have you decided for the songs we are going to play?”

The both look surprised by the sudden question.

“Yeah, paradise and the chaser; I’ll show you the arrangement when we get home” Hoya scrolls down something on his phone while frowning. “Our source says that Woohyun has left the room without her. Good thing you decided to put a tail on her” he looks at me with a proud look.

I feel my body tensing at the thought of why her bodyguard left the room without her. I must keep my cool, I shouldn’t care what happens to her, I actually should be glad if anything happens to her but my reasoning and my instincts don’t seem to be getting along when it’s about her.

Sunggyu stops the car right in front of the large building with a loud screech, putting all the guards in alarm. They start to walk toward us cautiously but their faces totally change to fear when I open the door and step out of the car followed by Hoya and Sunggyu. They retreat faster than I expected and for a moment I’m glad to be feared.

“Master Myungsoo, we didn’t know you had an appointment” the receptionist greets me with a trained smile.

“Are you saying I need an appointment?” I try to intimidate the girl. I’m full Kan-leader mode on and I won’t tolerate anyone making me wait in line “Tell Mr. Park I’m here”

“B-but… roght now” she averts her eyes from mine.

“Leave her alone, Myungsoo” a familiar voice echoes through the hall “She is with Ami”.

He has an annoyed face and is not trying to hide it; he is leaning against the wall even though there’s a lounge right in front of him. Such a loyal dog.

"Oh! look what we got here...why are you doing here leaving your master over there all alone?” I . I know he is short tempered and will fall for it.

"She’ll be fine...now wait in line or go home" he roars as he stands in front of the door; Hoya and Sunggyu steps forward but I raise my hand to stop them.

"Scary" he teases back, raising his arms faking surrender with a smug grin on his face.

I want to push Woohyun away and open that damn door but I can’t look that desperate in front of him or my bodyguards.

A muffed conversation can be heard but I can tell what they’re saying. At least they’re talking; I try to calm myself down until I heard someone locking the door from inside.

“”

Woohyun tries to kick the door down, it’s no use but he keeps trying desperately until his legs give up. I give a sign to Sunggyu to get the keys from the receptionist or do whatever he has to do to open that damn door.

“Use your gun” I nonchalantly suggest even though my fist are trembling with anger and my jaw is tensed.

“I would have done that if I had it with me since the beginning” he growls.

“Hoya” I order and he immediately takes out a short gun from under his coat, I’m glad he didn’t ask why would I help our sworn enemies. Both Woohyun and I step back as he fires three times against the lock.

As soon as it’s open we run into the room and my blood freezes the moment I see her pinned down by him on the couch. the reasoning, I walk pass Woohyun and grab him by the neck, shoving him to the floor but he falls on the glass table with a loud thud hopefully he’d break a rib…or two.

 

AMI’s POV

I don’t know what I was thinking when I accepted to be alone with this jerk and now Im thankful that Woohyun and Myungsoo are here...wait, Myungsoo?

What the hell is he doing here?! And why is he so enraged?

I gasp when Mr Park crashes against the table, but I admit I wish he breaks a bone...or two.

Myungsoo's friend hoya steps forward ready to beat the man but his leader stops him.

"Leave him to me" he has a twisted grin on his face

"did he do something to you?" Woohyun wraps his arm over my shoulder.

Not too late a bunch of men in suits breaks into the office, there are about 10 of them and to make it worse they have guns.

I look from Myungsoo to Woohyun, and both have an analytic yet violent look on their faces. I just noticed Myungsoo's hand is ready to unfold a beautiful black sword that hangs on his waist, but can it do something against a gun?

Wait, why am I worrying about him? I should worry about myself.

"Ami, hide behind the couch when I say so, okay?" Woohyun instructs, his grip on my shoulder tightens as if he wants to reassure everything is going to be fine and I believe him

Hoya is aiming at the men, while Myungsoo is stepping on Mr Park’s chest to prevent him from standing up, he hasn’t drawn his sword but the lifeless look on his eyes is enough to keep him still.

Just when I was about to think the time had frozen, two boys attacks the bodyguards from behind, hitting them hard enough to leave them unconscious until the shooting breaks

"now!" My friend shouts and my legs move in their own towards the couch.

I lay on the floor covering my head and ears, the sound of the bullets are about to make me deaf.

"Dongwoo!" I hear Hoya calling enthusiastically "good to see you"

isn't he scared? He might get killed. We might get killed.

I cover my ears even more for a second when the shooting got louder but it got silent the second after.

My chest is heaving as I slowly lift my head to take a look over the couch.

Woohyun is standing next to fallen men while Myungsoo is pointing the katana against Mr Park chest. Hoya and two other guys are kicking the guns away from his bodyguards. I recognize one of them from school but I’ve never seen the long haired one. All of them including Woohyun are looking fresh as if nothing happened.

"Not bad...for a Son" the unknown man says to Woohyun.

"Can’t say the same about you" my friend scoffs.

Myungsoo clears his throat clearly irritated.

"I see you have your soft side too, Mr Park. Using blanks was really convincing for a moment"

"I’m no killer, I’m a business man..

He tries to stand but Myungsoo steps in him harder, pushing him to the ground.

"And a pig" he finishes his sentences before to look at me "hey come out" he raises his voice.

I gulp my fear down and put on my better facade. I slowly stand up until i meet his eyes.

I'll wait until he speaks because no words come to my mind right now.

He stares at me and for a moment i think i saw relief showing in his face for a second but now he is flashing a twisted smile.

"Do you think that by seducing him you'll get the deal?" His voice is full of amusement and I gape at this theory. I’m clearly the victim here! "the son clan has surely hit hard and low"

"What are you saying?!" I talk back "he was..." I choke with my words.

"y..you accepted the price, lady" the middle aged man is trying to save himself.

"I clearly didnt know what you meant" i step forward ready to slap him but Myungsoo stops me with a threatening look.

"so it was both faults, i see" he exhales and looks down to the man with a smirk "too bad for you Mr. park, you couldn’t get laid and you lost your major business partner" he shrugs before pulling away from him and walk to the door followed by his bodyguards/friends.

“Lets go” I say to Woohyun.

“wait” Mr. park reincorporates “Now that the Kan family has retreat, why don’t you take the deal?” he suggest with all cynicism possible, getting on my nerves instantly.

“Sounds tempting” I answer and look to Woohyun; he knows what to do as he nods and stomps towards the man.

With a swift movement of Woohyun’s fist against his chin Mr. Park is on the floor again.

“Serves you right” he hisses.

 

“Sorry, sir. But taking the offer would be like taking their crumbs” I explain and bow politely before making my way out.


 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I'm back!!

This a looong update to make up for the loong wait, I hope you liked it.

If you are reading The Dragon and The Lion, maybe you have noticed that it has some things related to BLANK universe. Example: Mr. Park is the man that Charlotte was supposed to marry before getting engaged to Kris.

Im so happy that this story is getting so much support and I read every comment but I havend had the time to reply. It really encourages me to keep writting during my free time. :)

THANK YOU AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT, SHARE AND VOTE