The hangout spot

BLANK

Myungsoo's POV

 

"get in" I said to Son Ami as I make my way to the drivers seat but she is obviously thinking about it and I know why.

 

"we can talk here" she says

 

"we can't. I need you to see something"

 

"that's not really reasuring, you know?"

 

"Ok" i breathe out. She can be annoying as f**k when she wants to "how about...I'll show you something that will prove that I am not the only one living a peaceful lie. Is that enough for you to get in the car and follow me?"

 

I am surprised to hear myself almost begging her to follow me. Maybe it's related to the old me, who knows.

 

Son ami stares at me for a second before seating on the passenger seat and closing the door. Good.

.....

 

Ten minutes in one hell of a silence, i decide to stop this torture.

 

"Okay, so lets get to the point"

 

"Finally" she rolls her eyes, she freaking rolled her eyes!

 

I snap at last "I am trying to help you"

 

"After treating me like trash" her eyes are about to pop out and her hand waves in the air! "Then you convince me to go some random place without telling me where we're going to and you've been driving for like an hour without saying a word!" 

 

It's the first time she snaps at me this bad, she had always tried to remain calm or looked scared but this time it's like she doesnt care about what I might do to her, like I am not the Kan heir and she is not...well, Son Ami.

 

I like it.

 

"It's only been ten minutes"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Look at the clock" i point to the stereo's digital clock "it's only been ten minute since we left school"

 

I want to laugh at her face but her phone starts buzzing in her purse. I know who's calling even before she takes it out. Her knight in shining armor, the star of the Son clan, Woohyun!

 

"I'm with Myungsoo" she confesses to my surprise. This day keeps getting better and better. " im fine, he knows"

 

I cant tell what he is saying but he is clearly going nuts on the other side of the line.

 

"YEAH! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, WOOHYUNNIE!" I shout to make him even crazier. "COME TO THE PLACE WE USED TO HANGOUT!"

 

That place by the river was one of the first memories i got back.

 

She glared at me and got the phone closer to trying to block the sound with her hand.

 

"I'm okay, woohyun. I dont think he'll hurt me"

 

"Don't be so sure" i heard

 

She ends the call and sighs.

 

"I won't hurt you again" I said to her but keeping my eyes on the road, I can tell we are getting close to our destination because of the tall pine trees surrounding us.

 

"I don't trust you, but you sounded so desperate when you asked me to come with you. It made me wonder what could possibly make a psycho like you be in dispair"

 

"me? a psycho?" i try to sound very offended "aren't you a psycho yourself?"

 

"you sent woohyun to almost criple me!"

 

"you kidnapped Sungyeol!...And almost crippled him too!"

 

"no, no, no. I took sungyeol away to a peaceful place so we could talk but he wasn;t copperating, he left me no choice"

 

"that's exactly what a psycho would say"

 

"you're not listening to me!"

 

"I am, clearly"

 

"It's not like I enjoyed it. It's something I had to do to make him talk. As a heiress of a clan you should know, like the time you bribed Mr. Park with your body"

 

She gasps loudly "that was not it! She tried to abuse me!"

 

I click my tongue "Are you going to say you are so innocent that you didn't know what was going to happen when he asked your dog to step off the room? I don't buy it"

 

"think what you want. I still think you're a psycho"

 

"Not guilty"

 

We both felt silent again. I stole glances at her from the corner of my eye, Son Ami was concentrated on the road, as if trying to remember every rock, tree and sign we pass just in case she gets lost.

 

She meant it when she says she doesnt trust me. Smart choice, because, I don't even trust myself at this point.

 

"So? Are you going to tell me why we're here?" She says as I park the car close to a burned field by the river.

 

Even tough its scorched, the grass is starting to grow anew and there are some remanents of what it used to be: the bench made of stone is smoked but it survived the fire unlike the big three next to it that's now a mere burnt log.

 

I sit on the said bench but son ami doesnt follow. She obviously doesnt remember this place.

 

SON AMI'S POV

 

I take a look at the burnt place around me as Myungsoo casually sits on a bench that looks like it might crumble any time.

 

"Anything on your mind?" he asks.

 

"no,why did you bring me here?"

 

"this place..." his voice trails "we used to hang out here.Me, you, woohyun, sungyeol,hoya, dongwoo, sungkyu"

 

"what? when?"

 

"before we forgot each other" he stares stright into my eyes, his lifeless gaze wont let me confirm if he is telling the truth or not.

 

"what are you talking about?" I scoff "Did woohyun hit you that hard?" but myungsoo looks unaffected by my sarcasm.

 

"I don't have any concrete evidence yet, but they probably did something to your memories too..."

 

What Myungsoo is saying matches what Woohyun told me the other day about him becoming a totally different person.

 

"Did they manipulate your memories?" I ask with trembled voice, I don't know if thats even posible but the words come out before I can think.

 

"I don't know... Have you been dreaming strange things lately?"

 

"About what?"

 

"For example, about me?"