His flashback (day 1)

BLANK

"He is waking up" Dongwoo announces even though I cant see anything yet. My brain is awake but my eyes wont open.

Where am I? My head is spinning, like I've been partying till the morning...

Pictures of a dancefloor and a pool cross my mind, along with the muffled sound of electronic music blasting from speakers.

It must had been one hell of a night.

I sit on the bed pressing my hands on my forehead and I slowly open my eyes while groaning.

"L, you okay?" sungkyu asks from the coach.

"Where are we?" I scan the room. White walls, navy blue sheets and courtains predominate. Even the strong scent smells strange but after a brief instant I recognize it as my room.

"Did you hit your head?" Hoya speaks next to sungkyu "this is your room"

"What happened?" i rub my eyes "how did I end up here?"

"Long story short, you got wasted and fell in the pool" He continues

"Whose party was that?" 

"Yours" Sungkyu raises an eyebrow

"Don't you remember anything at all?" Dongwoo asked a little bit concerned, while burst into laughter.

"Dud -he stops- ...Man, you should have seen it!" he holds his stomach still laughting 

I stand up, a little bit of dizziness still afecting me.

"You have a meeting with the elders at noon" sungkyu checks my agenda on his phone.

the elders. a council that is lead by my grandfather and his brothers (and some of their sons too). they exists to take care of the different branches the Kan family controls. branches that, the Clan Leader, create or snatch from our sworn enemy: the Son family. I think they have a simpler structure, because their leader have only had a son since like 8 generations ago. 

"what do they want?" I ask to my friends.

they dont answer.

........

we arrive at the highly secured(cameras, guards, dogs and high walls included) residence where my grandfather lives.

As I remember spending my early childhood days here with...with who?...I can't remember. Even if I try it feels like I hit a wall everytime but I'm certain I used to play with someone here.

"Myungsoo?" Dongwoo steps infront of me. he noticed how I lowered my head in pain.

"Dongwoo, who was the kid I played here with?"

he looks at me as if I had grown a third head.

"what are you talking about? you had no friends or young relatives as a kid, remember? are you sure you can meet the elders, the old man wont let you go if you are all hangover" he smiles.

maybe he is right, I've been weird since this morning.

the employees lower their heads as I make my way trough the security bridge. anyone would feel their ego boost tothe skiesbut for me this is as normal as saying hello.I'm the throne's heir after all.

two bodyguards open the doors to the meeting room, this time Sungkyu, hoya and dongwoo  wait for me outside. Only family is allowed to enter here.

I take a seat in front of my grandfather, who is meticulously  scanning me from head to toe.

"what?" I sound crude and I mean to. everyone on this table seems surprised, the middle aged men and women are looking at me as if the first time they've seen me.

Contrary to what I expected from the old man, he smiles.

"you look great, son" he still has that proud smiled on his face

"just like you used to" I smirk "but lets get to bussiness, what do I have to do now"

all eyes on me.

"We've been thinking about this and we finally concluded that you are almost ready to be the leader"

"almost?"

"There is a task you need to complete before  that"

"Im listening"

"There is a place near the river. I want you to go alone and burn it down to ashes. The location will be send to your phone later."

"Is that all? No killing or beating somebody?"

They look at me the same way they did before. like they don't recognize me but i don't want to ask why.

...........

Its been almost two hours driving and I'm almost at that place, i still think its too easy. There must be something else to it, I can feel it. Especially because i've left all traces of civilization behind and I'm surrounded by woods.

My gps says I've reached my destination so I park by the road and if orientation sense is right, the river should at then of this trail of soil and trampled grass. I take out a gallon of gasoline from my car and get walking.

This keeps getting weirder and weirder as I hear the sound of the river flowing nearby and all I see is green.

At last I arrive at the place I'm supposed to destroy: a clear space by the river, the grass looks like its been naturally trimmed and there are two benches under some white flowered three. It gives the impression that someone's been here not so long ago and for some reason and invaded with nostalgia even though it's my first time in this place.

It really makes a beautiful picture, it'd be a shame not to capture it so i take a few shots with my phone.

"Does he want me to start a forest fire?" I rest on one of the benches. Might as well contemplate it before it is gone. Its so quiet here, so relaxing just the fresh breeze swaying the grass and trees slowly, the sound of water whoever found this place will loose her or his mind when i burn it.

I check the hour on my phone and it's already been half an hour, I better get this done. but it's not like I'm in a hurry to be the leader, that's something that'll happen eventually anyway. 

I just want to go home and play my guitar. You know, act like someone my age but I also want power.

the gasoline is spread across the area, drenching benches and white flowers equally and I'm already a few feet away ready to throw the lighter after a last glance.

it's in the moment that the object leaves my hand that I hear the steps on the grass getting closer. I turn around slowly with my hands ready to reach for my gun on my pocket,the fire has already started behind me, it is then that I realize I'm unarmed.

"what did you do, Myungsoo?" a familiar yet unknown voice says. 

it is woohyun. the main dog of the Son family. he looks shocked for the fire but not defensive like me. just like a cat when he sees a dog.

"well, isn't it Woohyun?" i smirk "was this your place?"

the sound of everything being reduced to ashes fills the silent between us; he is looking straight into my eyes as if trying to get in my head and guess what I'm thinking.

"why? did you family made you do this?" his voice is low but no menancing, he is sincerely asking for an explanation.

I can't believe him, he is treating me like we are friends or something of the sort.

I scoff "are you kidding? why should I answer you?"

he narrows his eyes to confirm he is not mistaking me with someone else. we better finish this soon cause I can tell the fire is already catching up to us.

"that person is dead" he says with low voice.

I won't be fooled by his little mind games.

"who?"

Woohyun's face look as if something broke inside of him and I really don't get where he is trying to get with all his questions. Isn't he trying to kill me everytime we see each other, so why the pacific facade now?

"nevermind, just go" he points with his chin "we are going to be scorched to death"

"are you scared?"

"Not of an unarmed person but it'll be stupid to stay here so..." after saying that he walks the path he came from.

How did he know I was unarmed?

I've got no time to think about it the fire is almost at my feet and that bi...bastard has already walked away.

This is my perfect time to get rid of him but nothing would change if i do that, he'd most likely be replaced by a new dog.

....

By the time I'm driving away from the scene I pass by some firetrucks and ambulances.

The sound of the police sirens is way too familiar, they make something go off on my brain like a little crack on a wall but I dont know the reason why or what is it.

I should stop partying for some time.

My phones rings and i connect the call to my car's radio.

"I just saw the news. Good job, myungsoo" my grandfather speaks with his slow wise-man voice.

"Not like it was much of a deal"

I can tell he is smiling proudly on the other side of the line.

"Welcome to the family, Kan Myungsoo"

...........................................................

Helllooooooo!

It's been so long right? But finally Myungsoo's part of the story is hereee~
So the flashbacks are over for now, i just wanted to include this because its important. The story will take it's normal course on the next chapter.

If you are confused, let me explain it to you: 

*Ami was in a coma for a year, while Myungsoo woke up much earlier after the accident (I can't tell you anymore than that or it would be a major spoiler 😁)
*myungsoo and Ami have two different types of amnesia

Leave your questions on the comments and I will reply. And dont forget to vote👍

VOTES ARE LIFE!
See you on the next chapter~