Stay away

BLANK

He said he wanted to be friends but I’m sure he scheming something; I usually don’t like to be rude to people but I had no choice but to let him standing there and not answering, if my hears don’t lie I heard him say something under his breath but I was already a few steps away to decipher it.

“I must stay away from him” I make a mental note.

The class the teacher is explaining is not boring but it just doesn’t catch my attention. My mind keeps wandering to the dreams I’ve been having lately.  Who is shouting my name? Who is holding my hand? And what happened to him so that I’m alone under the rain in the latest vision?

The lesson is interrupted and I lift up my face towards the door where Myungsoo is standing looking at the professor who talks informally to him as if they were friends.

“so you are going to attend my class from now on?” the man in glasses ask

“Yes, I need to take a science related class” he answers in a polite yet friendly way.

“Then come in and take a seat, stop interrupting my lesson?” the teacher mocks him and I brief smile appears on the younger man’s face.

The aura surrounding the class room seems to have lightened up as soon as he stepped in. Everyone is greeting him on his way to the chair in the end of the line; once he sits, his eyes meet mine and I instantly frown and look away pretending to be paying attention to whatever the teacher was saying.

The girl seating behind me taps my back and passes a folded piece of paper to me.

“Are we friends now?”

Myungsoo

I roll my eyes and crush the note in my hand before paying attention to the lecture again. He is trying to get on my nerves for sure, what a cynic person I got to meet. But if I ignore him he’ll get tired and let it go, we are on school ground so he can do nothing to me. Thank goodness I enrolled in this school without my parents knowing or they would have completely opposed to it knowing the heir of the Kan family attends it.

 

Before I knew it my desk has several notes on it, all of them have the same text than the first one. I massage my temples and start to pile them up in a tower. The class is over and I toss them in the trash bin.

“that’s cruel, no wonder you have no friends” Myungsoo startles me; he is standing behind me with a binder on his right arm.

“I rather have no friends than being close to you. So, stay away from me before I start screaming” I glare at him.

He is smiling again; his eyes are bright like this morning. I panic when I realize when it’s just the two of us in the room.

“You know the saying ‘Create fame and go to sleep’? So even if you scream and shout, no one would ever believe this – he points to himself –nice, friendly and well-behaved KIM Myungsoo would ever hurt you.

“Kim? You changed your name? Why?”

He nods.

“We are not friends so I won’t tell you” he shrugs.

“You can’t be serious about it, can you?”

“I am. Why not? It’s not like you’ve done something to me”

“But our families..”

“I’m not a Kan when I’m at school”

“Hey, there you are” A guy with bold eyebrows walks towards us “Sunggyu is waiting” he makes a pause and looks at me, no, he is staring at me. He knows I’m a Son, he knows. I think he has gone pale for a moment but he just nods at me.

“This is my friend Hoya” Myunsoo says.

“I’m Ami” I nod politely

 

Myunsoo’s POV

I find myself wishing she hadn’t said her name. Now, Hoya is telling Sunggyu about her. Prudence was never one of his strong points to begin with.

“Really, it’s her” he almost yells at my other friend who is driving us to the business meeting “The Son heiress, what is she doing in our school?”

Sunggyu is silent and frowning, not sure if because of the road or for what Hoya just told him.

“But what were you doing with her, Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asks without looking at me.

“I want to become friends with her” I bluntly answer

“WHAT?!” both shout, as I expected. Sunggyu stops the car on its tracks and my head almost hits the passenger window. He sighs heavily and closes his eyes. He is mad.

“What do you think you’re doing?” his jaw is tense and he is glaring at me, I’ve never seen him like that. He is usually the most relaxed among our family but right now a completely different person is glaring at me.

“I said I’m going to be friends with her… I’ll get close to her and then…” I almost choke with my own words “I will destroy her”

He keeps staring at me for a moment, Hoya’s sight wander from me to Sunggyu and back, the oxygen seems to have escaped from the car. I never thought Sunggyu, of all the people would take this war seriously.

 

The meeting was harder than expected: the contractor wanted us to pay double to what the Son had proposed him but I persuaded him to accept 80 percent more and with that, the contract was signed. I wonder what kind of expression she will have when she find out their biggest investor canceled his partnership with them.

When we arrive at the mansion, Sunggyu says he has something to do and leaves immediately followed by Hoya. Those two are scheming something, as their leader of course I know when someone is trying to fool me.

I use my own car to follow them. Hoya is on the phone with someone, they are arguing or at least it looks like that.

They finally stop, after a few minutes and curves to the suburbs; the place is an abandoned storage building. There’s a motorcycle parked behind a wall, someone is obviously trying to hide here. The dessert land cracks under their feet so I wait for them to get away a little before following them into the building.                             

My friends have stopped in what look an inner patio, there’s someone waiting for them but he is turned so I can see it.

“What was so urgent that could not be told over the phone?” an unfamiliar man’s voice asks.

“What is your master doing in Kan territory, Sungyeol?” Hoya spats, his shoulder are tense, as if he is waiting to fight.

Sungyeol. The name sounds familiar but doesn’t ring a bell.

I hear footsteps coming out from the building; my eyes blow wide when I recognize the guy: Woohyun. That “sungyeol” guy has the same reaction as me.

“What are you thinking coming here by yourself, Sungyeol? You should have told me”

“So you knew, huh?” he scoffs “I can take care of this alone”

“You are standing against the best fighters of the Kan clan” Woohyun answers.

“I’m also one of the best fighters of the Son clan” Sungyeol says

“Still…whatever” he shook his head “Let’s get to the point, what do you mean Kan territory, Hoya?”

What the hell is happening here? Why wasn’t I informed?

I want to step out and punch them but my reasonable side makes me stay put and listen to their talk.

“Don’t fake dementia” Sunggyu shouts “she is attending our school”

“She met Myungsoo” Hoya adds and everyone freezes in their place.

Damn you, Hoya

“what?” woohyun’s jaw drops to the floor and Sungyeol’s eyes are wide.

“We must keep them apart before the elders know”