Hurt

BLANK

I run as fast as my legs alliwe me to a back alley of an old, abandoned building. Im scared to the bones, I shouldnt have come.

How can they move so fast? Are my friends going to be okay?

You jad never aknowleged him as nothing more than your friend.

He wont hurt me

He will is in his dna

Those words are echoing in my head as I breathe in and out trying to calm down. How can I be so naive?

My heart is finally not trying to escape from my chest after a few minutes but I didnt notice when the noises from the fight stopped too.

"so you were here"

I freeze when the guy with the friendly face pops up from behind the wall.

Oh, God, what happened to sungyeol?

I step back even though there's a dead end.

"easy" he raises his hands "I'm not going to hurt you"

"No way Im going to fall for that, where's Sungyeol".

"he is...busy" he shrugs "L needed a hand. You should be proud, your dog is strong"

"You shouldn't call.him a dog when you are dog yourself"

"Oh ho! The princess can talk back"

"if you are not here to hurt me then why?"

"Just to tell you to mind your own business and don't get close to L ever again" he steps closer to me, until I'm pined against the brick wall.

"then tell him to stop coming to me!" I yell higher than I wanted but I don't care, I'm desperate and scared "he keeps pestering me about being friends and even moved to my class... It's not like I wanted him to!"

I shut my eyes when his fist almost hits my face only failing by a few millimeters, I can't even gasp or scream. I hear the sound of the bricks crashing against his knuckles clearly but he doesnt even flinch, he keeps glaring at me with murderous eyes that are making my legs shake out of fear.

I thought Hoya was the scary one, but I'll have to keep my guard up when he is close. if I get out of this.

"I don't care what he does, you have to stay away or else you will regret it" he moves away from me.

"hey! what are you doing" Myungsoo asks from the entrance of the alley before sprinting towards us.

Oh God. As he gets close I can notice the yellow bruises on his cheeks and some scratches on his forehead are deep enough to show some blood.

"let's go; we already won" he informs his friend, placing a hand on his shoulders; I'm not sure if it's a warning or a sing of camaraderie"

"already?"

Myungsoo looks at me with a crooked smile "we just needed to get Woohyun out of the way and the others were nothing"

My heart flips over at those words.

"Then why let her get away, this is the perfect moment to destroy her, like you said you would"

An indescribable emotion flashes on L's face when he looks at me for an instant before turning back to Sungkyu.

"yes, yes, I said that but today is not the day; I already got what I wanted right now so let's go"

"but.."

"are you questioning me?"

Sunggyu turns his back on me and starts waking without saying a word to me but Myungsoo stops midway and looks back with a mischevous grin.

"see you at school, Son Ami"

I dont answer, I'm too schocked for what just happened that I'm affraid my legs would give in any moment. I dont even dare to look at Sungkyu but I'm sure he is probably cursing me inside.

I gape when I see Hoya and Dongwoo walk past the alley to meet their leader, both laughing and growling victorious.

When they are out of sight I rush out to Sungyeol, he is sitting on the floor covered in dust, blood and sweat.

"why didn't you leave?!" his eyes go wide.

"I couldnt"

he nods to the side to point something: Woohyun.

I feel all the strength of my body being drained out when I see him lying face down on the floor; his lips are split and his brows are swallowed and a little bit purple already.

"Woohyun! Woohyun! wake up" I softly shake him but I stop when I see him flinch.

"it hurts, idiot" he mumbles, still lying "are you okay?"

"Are you?"

"Just a little sore" he manages to smile.

I look around horrified at the sight of more than a dozen of my clan's members badly hurt, some are even unconscious. Sunjong is helping a guy to get up, he is not as hurt as I thought he would be but there a big bruise on the corner of his lips.

It was only four of the Kan household right?

"I'll call an ambulance"

"Don't" Sungyeol raises his voice "you'll get us in trouble"

"just get the car" sungjong orders me but I'm not in the mood to talk back or say that I can't drive when he throws the car keys to me.

I trip over with my own legs when I try to run.

"she can't drive!" Sungyeol scolds Sunjong.

He shrugs "Can you?"

It's okay, I remember Woohyun teaching me the basics of driving when I was in high school so it should be alright.I just didnt learn it because my father estrictally forbid me to.

Thank goodness Sungjong parked the car nearby ; I sigh of relief when I spot the black Mercedez just a few steps from where I am.

"I can do this" I repeat to myself as I turn the key to ignite the engine and oput the truck in driveas I slowly press the gas pedal.

I start sweating as I move the sterring wheel with shaking hands and I'm driving way too slow according to whoever is honking behind me.

I turn to the old parking lot after some minutes that felt like an etermnity for me.

"And you said she couldnt drive" Sungjong throws at Sungyeol who is still sitting on the floor rolling his eyes.

"Quickly, get Woohyun in the car" I order to whoever is able to stand.

Sunjong takes him on his shoulders and drags him almost unconscious to the vehicle. But start to I panic when I realize there's not enough space for the other guys.

"Just take them to get threated; we'll call for help" one man , the less beaten up, says "Woohyun is like that because he tried to protect us while fighting Myungsoo and Dongwoo at the same time"

"thank you"

"I'll drive from here" Sunjong is now helping Sungyeol who is balancing his weight on one foot while lifting the other

He carefully sit at the passenger seat "I don't think it's broken, thoug" he noticed the way I was looking at him.

I lift Woohyun's head and place it on my lap before the car starts moving.

"how are we going to get home without being noticed" I ask because they seem to have all planned trough.

"we are going to my place" sungjong says

there's a lot about this boy that keeps surprising me. Maybe because he just enlisted in the team but as far as I know my bodyguards have to live under my roof.

"Do you have an apartment?"

"Yes. Don't worry I'll move into the Son residence soon" he sas still looking at the road.

Sunyeol rest his head on the window as a sight of relief escapes from his lips. Woohyun is breathing heavily and flinching from time to time; my heart is breaking seeing him so wounded. I swear I will never forgive myungsoo for this.

......

"Is not something big but enough to live" Sungjong warns before opening the door to his place.

Just as he said it is small, the living room of my house is even bigger but what surprises me is that it's even cleaner than my room. I'm crutching Sungyeol while Sungjong is almost dragging woohyun.

"put him there" sungyeol roughly instructs me pointing out a couch, as carefully lay Woohyun on the sofa.

I ask for a first aid kit and Sunjong happens to have a well prepared one. It's not a normal kit, it has everything from band aids to antibiotics.

"wow"

"You don't go to some kind of Battle Royale and expect to leave unharmed" the young man shrugs. He is talking about being a trainee at our clan.

"is it that bad?"

He doesn't answer, just pours some orange juice in three cups and hands two over to us,

"you don't know anything, do you?" he rolls his eyes.

"Shut up, kid" sungyeol hisses.

the air has become thinner for a moment but the tensions disolves when Woohyun painfully groans.

"Woohyuun, are you okay?" I hurry to his side and take his hand to comfort him.

he slowly opens his eyes.

"wha..."

"myungsoo beat the sh..." sunjong starts talking but stops when I glare at him.

"it's alright, we are at Sunjongs place"

He covers his eyes and groans againa, I'm sure it's more out of frustation than pain.

"my head hurts... are you okay?"

"yes I'm perfectly fine"

his squinted eyes roams the apartment, slowly until they stop on Sungyeol.

"you look horrible" he tries to form a smile but the bruises in the corner of his lips hurt him.

"still better than you"

Sungjong moves between us with a bottle of desinfectant and bunch of gauzes. he carefully starts to treat Woohyun as if he is used to do it.

My friend shrieks from time to time when the gauze touches a deep wound.

"take this analgesic" he hands him a bottle of watter and a white pill.

"you'll be fine by tomorrow" the young boy states and move to Sunyeol who has his feet up on a chair already.

"tomorrow?"

He takes a bunch of cream in his hans and rubs it on sungyeol's ankle before expertly wrapping it in a bandage.

"yes, unless you want to take them to a hospital, they need to rest here for the night. The bruises will fade away a little bit and we can say we had a small with the Kans"

"but what am I going to tell my father to spend the night out?"

"you are not, ma'am" sungyeol rises his cvoice "you have to go home with him" he point out to sungjong

I silently sigh. Being with sunjong has been more tiring than ever mostly because of his honest remarks on my flaws.

I should make the best out of it or at least get used to it.

......

When we get home, sungjong covers his face with a hoodie and shades so that the guards at the front gate see red and purple bruises on his eyes.

My mother is in the kitchen wearing an apron, baking cupcakes.

"hey, how was the mall?" She smiles at me and my friend.

"crowded"

"It was fun, We spent the whole day buying art supplies" sungjong adds full of sarcasm.

"where's dad?"

"oh, he had a urgent meeting overseas. he'll be gone for a week"

I'm not sure if I feel relieved or worried.

"where's Woohyun?" my mom asks

"he'll be a little bit late, he had something to do" I lie; I think I'm getting better at it.

she frowns

"I'll stay by her room in the meantime. ma'am" Sunjong comes to my aid surprisingly

"okay, I'll go to bed now. goodnight" she smiles sweetly and I wonder how did she become the wife of someone with such a complicated life as the head of the Son clan.

 

Sungjong accompany to my room in silence until I'm about to close the door behind me when he stops it with his foot.

"what?" I arch an eyebrow.

"I said I'll keep an eye on you" he says, clearly not aware of what that means: stay put on the hallway, just like Woohyun and Sungyeol do. Well, I let Woohyun in sometimes to chat a little when I have nightmares.

"Yeah? So?"

He then realizes

"Oh" he let go of the door with a little brush on his cheeks.

"then goodnight" I polietly remark

"nite.... today was awesome" he says

"no, it wasnt. you almost got killed"

"but we werent" he smiles proudly and it's awfully contagious.

There's something about him that intrigues me about this boy. he is not affraid of danger or to hurt others, even me.

"why did you join our clan?" I ask again; this time he is caught off guard.

"huh?"

"you said it was because we were the only one who could...

"I know what I said" he cuts me off agressively.

"what did that mean? what is your objetive?"

"That meant" he breaths "you can use me however you want, if it means destroying them" his jaw is tensed and his eyes look darker.

It's painful to see someone so inmersed in so much hatred and knowing that you can't help them like they want.

"why do you hate them so much?" I ask but he is no longer here with me; he has traveled back to the past.

I carefully take his hand and pulls him inside my room

"the former Kan leader was a monster" he stares at the floor and then to me "I lived with my best friend on the streets; we were both orphans..."

The word 'were' gives me a bad feeling about where this is going.

"He was a good fighter and a good person but... he decided to join the Kan family; you knw when you become a trainee they teach you that you probably will have to kill to protect the clan... but I don't think he was able to do it so... one day I stopped hearing from him"

I hold my breath.

"he was killed"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooo! sorry for the long wait again!

I'm so sad that blank is not getting the response I wanted even though I like it so much *sighs* but I'll continue writting it because I like complicated stories like this!

This chapter has a lot of typos cause I don't have time to edit it and I typed it on my phone :P

I;m so excited because INFINITE is going on touuuurrrrr :D