Prodigal Son

BLANK

We left the Son residence after Sungyeol told Woohyun he was going to be alright and there was no need to was bullets or getting hurt in vain..

By that time Son ami appeared running towards us, I could see the panic on her face. She yelled at us to let him go but his dogs insisted everything was going to be okay. Woohyun held her shoulders, if not she would have charged towards us even though her arm still rest in a sling.

It was the first time I saw her hate for me very clear. I disgust her, Im sure of that now.

Fine.

We blindfolded him and put headphones on his ears so he wouldnt hear what we where saying and the loud rock music should distract him from counting or memorizing the road; I know it would have been easier to knck him down but Woohyun must be after us so this need to be quick. I need him wide awake. Besides, we are not like mafia or something...oh, wait.

Back to the present, we took Sungyeol to an empty warehouse owned by me. Sat him on a chair and tied him to it and we make sure he can't escape before removing the bandage and headphones.

He is glaring at me and bet if he wasnt tied down I wouldnt be smiling as I am now.

I asked, well more like forced my friends to leave us alone. Since I dont know if there is a spy among them. And I can handle if this guy tries to attack me.

"Lets get to the point. Why did you try to kill us?"

"Us?"

"Over a year ago, at the cliff"

He scoffs "aaah, so you started remembering"

"Just answer" I said pressing my lips into fine line.

"I tried to kill 'you'. She just got in the way and you werent supposed to survive but you were as good as dead since your mind was completely blank"

"Who gave you the order?"

He doesnt answer; he just remain quiet saring at me.

"Dont make me repeat myself, you should know I'm short tempered"

"Yeah they made you like that"

"Say what?"

"Think outside the picture, myungsoo. You are saying I tried to kill you and want to know who ordered me to but..." he leans forward "if you tried to kill someone and failed, wouldnt you try to redeem your mistake?"

"I'm listening" I walk back and forth but I keep my eyes on him.

"We are not that different" he lifts his chin up "so the question you should ask is why havent I tried to kill you again? I've got plenty of chances"

"Because you can't. I don't know what happened before but that was a one in a lifetime chance and you wasted it"

He laughs and I try my best not to slam his head on the floor. Instead, I take out my favorite weapon: my katana. After unfolding it I place its blade against his knees, doesnt look worried as if he thinks I wouldnt dare.

" then you answer that question" i sneer.

"Because you are no longer a threat to them?"

"Who in the hell is them?"

"Hell is a good way to describe your own house"

I gulp at those words

"Yes, myungsoo. Your own family, the elders, tried to kill you"

"Amd what makes you think I'll believe that" i press the sword a lit bit harder and it smootly pierce his flesh, he holds a scream like a champion.

A little part in me is telling me his story makes sense because of what Hoya, sungkyu and dongwoo told me but most of my brain tells me otherwise. So this is what an internal battle is huh? Havent had one before.

"And why would you obey your sworn enemy's orders? "

He is finally over retorting in pain and looks up with a wicked smile that reminds me of myself.

"Because I love son ami" he huffs " and you loved her too, you just don't remember"

The dream I had where sungyeol is smiling next to me and that girl flashes on my mind.

"What do you mean?" I manage to say in my shocked state.

The heavy door is opened and we both look in its direction. I hear there is a conmotion outside.

"that's enough, yeol" woohyun steps in, i can see the expression on his face but his voice tells me he is pissed.

" that was fast" i say as he gets closer, gun in hand "well, we were just finishing, just one last question "why am I no longer a threat to the elders?"

Woohyun doesnt look taken aback by our concersation or by sungyeol's stabbed thigh. He just stand there, souless

"Because you are their prodigal son now" woohyun answers without emotion.

I'm starting to wonder why he is not trying to beat me.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Ask your friends" sungyeol interrupts and I can no longer tolerate this feeling of helplessness. As an act of reflex I press the katana even deeper on sungyeol's leg. He does scream in pain this time.

But his voice is overtaken by gun shot and this time, I feel the pain on my thigh, I fall and writh in pain, pressing against the hole in my leg.

This bastard used a real bullet, not the blanks his master ordered him.

Another shot is heard, this time I feel it in my left arm, like it's been torn apart; I look at him and groan clenching my teeth to supress the pain.

"That was for Ami" he looks down at me like I am the worst scum on this planet before untying his friend, he groans when woohyun takes the sword out of his leg. He contamplates it carefully and tosses it away "let's go".

Sungyeol crosses his arm over Woohyun shoulders and they walk away without looking back while I keep writhing in pain.
 

AMI's POV

I said I wanted to go with them to get Sungyeol, they accepted and told me to get in one of the guard's car since being with him or sungjong was too risky but it was all a lie. Woohyun had ordered him beforehand to drove me back home after a few minutes and apparently my father gave him full authority over my security since I'm able to stay away from danger.

And here I am, pacing back and forth behind the gates like a caged lion. It's been more than three hours since Woohyun, Sungjong and the others left.

I'm upset and worried, my heart is a handful of agony right now, I wan't to cry. I know Myungsoo alone is capable of hurting Sungyeol really bad and I don;t want to imagine what the four of them could do to him.

My prayers are answered, and I send my thanks to heaven at the sight of Woohyun's car turning on the corner of the street.

I order to open the gates immediately and run to them (ignoring the pain in my left arm) when they finally stop infront of me.

Woohyun gets of and walks across the car to help Sungyeol, whose face is paler than usual. I gasp the bloody wraps on his legs.

"it's not that bad" he says tired.

"call the doctor" Woohyun orders one of the staffs and takes our friend inside the house helped by another man.

"what happened?" I ask a bruised Sungjong.

"the usual" hr shrugs "but this time Woohyun outgrew Myungsoo; you should have seen him so you could understand why he is a legend among us"

"Did he kill Myungsoo?" I shreik not because of Myungsoo but the idea of my best friend killing somebody is something I would never dare to think about.

"Of course not" he laughs for a moment but he gets serious again "to me, he is your reflection, he is going to be as bad or as good as you are. So it's up to you if he kills Myungsoo or not" he pats my head with a smile and walks inside to get his wounds threated.

I should ask him about what happened in my room earlier today after things calm down a little.

...

I was about to go to sleep when Woohyun knocked on my door before walking in, he's got a big pad on his cheek and I can;t help but miss the days when we used to hang out after my part time job. No wounds, no fights, no myungsoo.

"how are you?" I ask, sitting on my bed "is Sungyeol okay?"

"I'm fine, Sungjong insisted that I should use this thing so my skin will heal faster" he smiles and sits next to me "he is alright, the wound wasn't that deep but the doctor said he would need to take a few weeks off"

"did Myungsoo..."

"I won't tell you the details or you'll have nightmares. Anyway, you okay? I heard you jumped out of the window" he pokes my chin.

"what? of course not, you know I'm a chicken when it comes to heights. I was hiding under my bed"

"and he didnt find out?" he exclaims surprised. I shake my head no and he laughs "so stupid but can't balme him for not finding a hobbit" he teases.

"hey! I'm average size, you are a titan" I pout

I sigh "so many things happened today"

"Don't worry you might be able to go back to school soon but on one condition" he lifts his index finger.

"what is it?"

"You should take Sungjong with you"

"deal" I say without thinking it twice, I don't dislike the boy and maybe he would take his mind away from his friend betrayal "but weren't you against it?"

"it should be fine since myungsoo won't be there for a long time" he says as if nothing. myheart clenches and he must have noticed "he is alive, don't worry"

"But what did you do to him"

He lets out a groan and before I can react he pulls me closer to him, our faces a mere inch away from each other. he is looking stright into my eyes and my heart forgets how to beat.

"Stop talkin about that man" he whispers his sight fixated on my mouth.

I can't talk back as his hand my hair before slowly pulling my face against his until his lips are pressed on mine. He starts to kiss me slowly at first but just as he tries to intensify it, something ignites inside my head, in the deepest  corner of my brain. Like some kind of short circuit.

I pull back and push my friend away, not even knowing why, it's not like I wasn't enjoying it. But all my insticts are screaming that it's not okay.

He stares at me with wide eyes,clearly hurt and it makes me feel awful.

"woohyun, I'm sorry...I..." The words to redeem my mistake won't come out as I wish.

"No, you forgive me. I shouldn't have done it" he tries to smile but it doesnt reach his bloodshot red eyes " i just got mad, sorry"

He doesnt wait for me to say somethigng and storms out of my room, slamming the door benind him. Leaving me alone trying to figure it out what just happened.

..........................................................................

Hey there! Long time no see!
I havent written a author's note in a long time for this story. I'm curious to read what your theories bout the plot are, like what do you think are Sungyeol's intentions? What happened between woohyun, sunyeol and myungsoo before the accident? And will Ami ever remember Myungsoo?
What team are you rooting for? Team Son or Team Kan?

Find out in the next chapter of Blaaaank 😆

DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

Sungyeol looks like this in Blank

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

And hoya looks pretty much like this

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

But with this hairstyle (or the one in BAD MV)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773