Friends

BLANK

“So you are a Son… no wonder why you pissed me off so much”

He glares at us and I confirm those are the shallowest eyes I have ever seen, like every emotion had been drained out of him if not for the twisted smile he has on his face.

“But what are you doing working at a café? I didn’t know Sons had fallen so low” he clicked his tongue as he took one step closer and I can see Woohyun’s shoulders tensing”

“Relax” he lifts up his arms “I don’t hit girls” he scoffs at my friend’s face and I flinch when Woohyun’s fist flies and impact his cheek making him stumble back.

“But I do” he remarks but the other guy is already back on the game and landing a kick on his stomach. I gasp expecting him to fall on his knees retorting out of pain but he just flinched and attacked again. The guy grabs my friend’s wrist and both start to struggle in equal terms of strength.

“Stop!” I try my best hold my ground in front of a possible psycho and a hurt Woohyun “what is it that you want?” my voice is trembling but I hold his gaze. I’ve never been into a fight, not even with girls involved.

“Mia, run!” Woohyun roars but my legs won’t move even if my subconscious is telling me to oblige.

“What I want? You ask” he grins “It’s what my family wants: to destroy the Son family so that we can rule over this city” there is no trace of doubt in his tone; like he lives only for that purpose.

In a split second Woohyun breaks free from his grip and takes out a gun from his jacket. The leader of the Kan family freezes but the cynic smile never leaves his face.

“oh ho” he rises his hand dramatically as he takes a step back.

I look back and forth between them and I see the determination on Woohyun’s face; he is my bodyguard so he must be prepared for it, that’s what my father taught him.

“Woohyun…” I plea but he doesn’t look at me. I don’t want my best friend to turn into a murderer.

“You think you could follow her and then kill her?” he spited.

“To be honest, I didn’t even know who she was. Had I known I would have killed her right in the spot” he glares at me and I can feel all my blood rushing down to my feet.

 

MYUNGSOO POV

I see her face turning white and her lips are shaking, still she doesn’t move and neither does that Woohyun bastard.

Son Ami? Damn it! Why does she have to be a Son?!

For an unknown reason I want to eat back what I just said about killing her but I’ve been living with purpose of exterminating the Sons and in other circumstances where I don’t feel the urge to follow her I would have, without a second thought, killed her.

I know i sound like a psycho but I didn’t know there was a girl in the Son bloodline.

I decide to retreat for now, taking the chance that she is asking her guardian dog to put the gun down. I have this inner hatred towards weapons that goes against any logic given the situation in which i happen to be the heir of the Kan family, the most powerful clan in the country.

Woohyun lowers the gun slowly but he is still trying to kill me, I see it in his eyes. That hatred that had been dragged on for generations and will only end when one family ruins the other.

She drags him by the arm and turn around to walk away as well.

I stop halfway to look at her, only to discover she was looking back at me. Now Woohyun is dragging her.

I can’t stop the stupid smile that is appearing on my face.

 

As soon as I cross the door, I spot Hoya sitting on the living room he is watching an old movie: "Romeo must die". He is obsessed with that movie, lately.

"Why so late?" He pauses the movie and rises his eyebrows.

"I ... Met that Woohyun" I huff as I stumble down next to him. Not mentioning Miah is for the best i thinnk.

"what? You should have call us" he literally yells and I move away from him. 

“yeah, like: wait up Woohyun stop pointing that gun and let me call my friends" I dramatize.

"A gun?" His jaw is on the floor as he grabs his jacket and keys "I’m going to kill him" he is stomping to the door

"yeah, but I’m okay. He is not a cold blood killer and neither are we" i hurry to stop him "we can go murdering people around, there are laws, remember? Let’s just focus in business, we can destroy them on that field" i put my hand in his shoulder to make him see I’m serious.

“as pacifist as ever" he rolls his eyes and goes back to the coach "but why did he point the gun, i mean, we carry them around just in case but..."

"i provoked him" I say nonchalantly "anyway, keep it a secret from the old man, I don’t want to be nagged at so late" I almost order and he nods. The atmosphere has become quite suffocating thus I hurry to change the subject “So… how was the practice? Were the girls any good?”

“So-so. I think they need more practice but it’s better than nothing” he twists his mouth “the question is: are you going to be okay with so much pressure? The inter-high showcase is in two weeks and you only practiced once and not to mention that important deal to snatch away the hotel project from the Sons”

“Agh, give me a break” I huff and his eyebrows arch.

“That’s what I told you to leave the act to me and Sunggyu”

“No way, that’s the only thing that reminds me that I’m still young” I laugh, but it sounds bitter, even to my ears.

“okay, I get it. I’m playing the movie” he pressed the button before reaching out a bowl full of popcorn to me.

If only my father hadn’t died when I was a kid, I would have plenty of time to enjoy my youth but no, I had to take care of my family as soon as I turned 18. So I try to enjoy my free time as much as I can, even when we are having a fight against those Son.

 

Ami’s POV

I’m about to fall asleep when I hear someone walking on the hall in front of my room, it’s past midnight so I wonder if Woohyun is guarding my door.

“Woohyun” I call cautiously.

“It’s me, ma’am” a young voice answers. There’s only one person in the House that would address me like that (even though I told him to stop) “Sungyeol? What are you doing here?” I open the door and he is leaning against its frame.

“Woohyun told me to keep an eye on you because of the incident you had today, ma’am. Myungsoo is like a beast now, I’m glad Woohyun was there with you”

“Stop with the ma’am already”

“but you are older by 5 months and also my boss’ daughter” he shrugs and I roll my eyes.

“Myungsoo? You mean, the Kan’s family leader?

“yeah” he vaguely answers.

“Where’s Woohyun?”

“On the phone with Mrs. And Mr. Son” he looks away and I pout, rising my eyebrows “No, don’t even think about it” he quickly states.

“I didn’t say anything, though”

“You were about to ask me to accompany you to eavesdrop on them, weren’t you, ma’am?” Sungyeol sighs and I can’t help but smile at how well he has come to know me even he is the newest member of the clan since 5 years ago. “My answer is no”.

“Bummer” I whine and close the door after I hear him chuckle.

“He is going to get in trouble”

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, this day was just too extreme and out of ordinary that I’m feeling more tired than usual and it’s not long before I fall asleep.

 

The morning sun makes me wake up earlier and I’m soon all dressed up for school as soon as I step out of my room I run into Woohyun.

“morning”

“good morning”

He starts to walk and I found myself following him..

We arrive at school and he waves good bye from afar and I remember I haven’t told him that Myungsoo is in the same college as me. Perhaps is better to keep quiet about it or they will make me change schools.

I’m so immersed in my thoughts that I only come back to reality when someone pats my head. I turn around and a gasp escapes my mouth when I see him walking past me, flashing that crooked smile full of confidence that is starting to get on my nerves but I won’t let him get the best of me.

“Morning, Son Ami”

“Good morning, Kan MYUNGSOO” I accentuate.

“ooh so you know my name now, that’s not good. I was going to introduce myself a little bit later” he looks at me clearly amused like a predator that has found a feast; his gaze is sending shivers down my spine and I just wish Woohyun would be next to me.

“Why would you want to?” I gulp and his smile grows wider.

“Because I want to be friends” he shrugs.

“You got to be kidding me” I huff and glare at him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I had to change Mia's name for  some reason to Ami I hope it doesnt confuse you. This story was also going to be called "Last Romeo" but I wanted to make it a litlle bit more original so it became BLANK.

So far the Clans are like this"

Son: Ami, Sungyeol, Woohyun

Kan: Myungsoo, Hoya, Sunggyu

More infinite members will appear later in the story so if your bias is not here, don't fall into dispair XD

Thank you for your comments and dont forget to share it with your inspirit friends

xoxo ♥