Lifesaver

BLANK

Ami's POV 

 

I can't swim, I can't breathe, I don't have control over my body as I am being dragged by the rapid flow of the river. I feel things crashing against me or am I crashing against them? I try my best to keep my head off the water but I am losing strength.

 

I am scared. 

 

I hardly hear someone calling my name before I got pulled down by the waves. Was it woohyun? Or myungsoo? Maybe I am allucinating. When I got to the surface again I see I am heading to a bunch of rocks but the water covers me again and I fight with all the energy on my body to move a few centimeters to the left to I can grab them. I got only one shot.

 

'One, two' and I reach as far as my numb arms can, even dig my nails into the rocks. I scream in pain but I got a hold of my salvation. The fierce waters continue their assault on me but i feel safer now that my body is pined against the rocks, at least i can keep my face out of the water.

 

"AMI!!" An oout of breathe Sungyeol calls me from river's side "hold on! I am going there!"

 

"Don't!" I whisper but he is already jumping into the river and gets dragged by the flow but not as bad as me, I guess he's stronger.

 

He swims towards me, struggling with the waves and objects. And I take a bet to reach one of my arms out from my safe place for him.

 

"Sungyeol" I hold my hand out for him. He reaches out for dear life, his grasp almost crushing my hand but he is safe in the rocks too.

 

"Are you okay?" Sungyeol asks and I nod.

 

He moves so that his body in now against mine so that current is hitting his back and not me, his hands on each side of my shoulders making sure I don't get out of his grasp even if I let go or slip.

 

"Don't worry, we're safe" he gasps when he notices my fingertips are bleeding. "I am sorry"

 

"It's not your fault" my voice barely comes out. But he needs to now in case we dont make it out of this. Even if we are safer I dont know how longer he'll resist, his face is getting paler by the second, I am sure his body is getting numb by now.

 

"I can't loose you again" he groans. 

 

"GUYS!" Woohyun finally arrives. He's got one of Sungyeol's crutches tied with a rope. He runs a few meters up the river and ties the rope to a three "SUNGYEOL! Can you get to it?"

 

My younger friend nods before looking down at me.

 

"Just wait a little longer" 

 

Woohyun throws the crutch as far as he can into the river, it naturally starts floating near us and my friend takes impulse on the rocks swim against the current. Thankfully he gets it on the first try and swims back to me.

 

"Okay, lets do this" he passes me the improvised lifesaver and I hug it as hard as i can and sungyeol places his arm across my back, to protect me just like he did before.

 

Woohyun towed us towards him. He immediately takes his coat off and puts it on me.

 

"Ami, get on my back" he orders me after making sure I was conscious enough to hear him.

 

I do as instructed and he carries me, piggyback style, to our car. Sungyeol follows closely, i don't know where he gets that superhuman strength from.

 

We pass by the place where I was with myungsoo and his clan but they are gone.

 

"Whereare the kan?" Sungyeol asks exactly what i wanted to ask.

 

"They had their own wounds to threat" woohyun replies without slowing the pace down "we should go to Sungjong's for now. I don't want to imagine what Mr. Kan would do to us if he finds you in that condition"

 

We get to the car and he immediately turns the heat on and starts driving like there is no tomorrow. My eyes feel heavy as my body is getting warmer by the car's a/c.

 

When I finally wake up, I am on Sungjong's bed with woohyun sitting next to me. His face buried in his hands.

 

"Hey" I say with a dry throat and he looks up to reveal a face full of concern even if he smiles at me.

 

"Thank goodness. You're awake" he moves closer as I reincorporate. "How are you feeling?"

 

"A little soar but that's all. How are you? And Sungyeol?"

 

"Sungyeol is sleeping on the couch, he got a few bruises but nothing to worry about. I am just tired that's all"

 

I scan his expression and it's obvious there is something more to it than just 'tired'. But I force myself to not ask about it.

 

"How long was I asleep? Wait...what happened to my clothes?!!" I shout as I notice I am only wearing a long black sweatshirt under the blankets. I glare at my bodyguard, who is blushing and avoiding my eyes.

 

"They were drenched so I took them off and borrowed Sungjong's" he doesn't blink or stutter but he wont look at me while the tip of his ears are bright red.

 

Oh My God! He totally saw me !. I know I should think reasonably that it was an emergency but still... he is my best friend, my childhood friend, Woohyun. And then I remember the kiss from the other day and I realize he is more than that and he doesn't see me as only his best friend or boss.

 

"Dont worry. Those two werent here"

 

"That is not helping much, Woohyun" I'm shooting lasers at him just to make him think that I am angry but in fact, I know there wasn't another choice.

 

"Sorry. I should have let Sungjong do it"

 

"Sunjong? Why him?" I inquire but he looks at me as if spoke in dead tongue. When he didn't answer I understood why he said it. I should have noticed earlier.

 

"So? That fact that he is not into girls doesn't make it okay for someone to see me "

 

"I guess so" woohyun shrugs "sorry"

 

"Okay, moving on" i gesture with my hand " the idea of the crutch and the rope was brilliant! Thankfully you had rope and Sungyeol's crutches in the car"

 

"Well, it wasn't a rope, it's a tug for cars and for the crutch" he makes a pause, hesitating about telling me "It wasn't Sungyeol's"

 

"Then whose was it?" There's only one person I know of that's been using crutches as of lately and even if I dont want to believe it, Woohyun confirms it.

 

"Myungsoo"

 

...................................................................

 

Hi again!! I got some inspiration and got to finish a short chapter sooner than planned! Anyway, i didnt proof read it so there might be some typos.

 

Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks!