THE TRUTH

BLANK

"What memories?" I whisper to Sungjong but he doesnt answer and continues to pay attention to their conversation.

"So, what are we going to do?" Sungkyu's voice "I mean, I don't think Ami would want to get anywhere near Myungsoo after what happened at the cliff...but he is...rather obsessed with his new toy "

"watch your words" woohyun defends me. Thanks.

"okay, okay, sorry. I know she was cool and all that, but let's not forget that she is the cause that myungsoo has to go trough that freaking torture every once in a while" Hoya

"That is not her fault, that's because of your clan's sick minds"

" i bet that your clan would have done the same if son ami was in the same mental state that myungsoo that time"

I want to ask sungjong of he knows anything about it but he looks as confused as me

"no we wouldn't" woohyun states

"we?" dongwoo scoffes "there is no we. don't forget you are just their dog. just wave your tail and bark when they order you"

no one answers and there is a long awkward pause where the breeze feels colder all of a sudden.

"So is this all you wanted to talk about?" hoya breaks the ice "cause I've got plenty of things to do"

"girls are not things, Hoya" Dongwoo smirks and his comrade does the same.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes "kan seo joon"

the Kan guys' faces turned serious at the mention of that name.

"what about him?"

"why is he buying properties for the clan without Myungsoo's consent? Is he some kind of temporal leader or something?" woohyun raises an eyebrow at our enemies.

'our enemies'? what is wrong with me?

"of course not. no one can replace myungsoo, unless he is dead without a heir" the man with the thick brows explains "let's say he has special privileges within the clan"

"why?"

"hey! don't think we are friends only because we have a common goal. And just to answer your question from before: no one is trying to kill myungsoo, our clan is not full of two faced people playing the good guys"

Sungyeol crosses his arms, I know he does that when he is holding back.

"let's assume Myungsoo dies...who would be left in charge?"

the thought ignited a light on Dongwoon and Hoya's mind. Even I, who can't understand what's going on, could know where Sungyeol was trying to get to. that man, kan seo joon was a threat to Myungsoo.

"So, if I was you, I'd be more careful of those special privileges, wherever they come from"

the Kan look so shocked, like asking themselves how couldnt they see how obvious it was and I assume that seo joon plays an important role on their clan.

Dongwoo gets a call, apparently from Myungsoo.

"we need to leave now" he says to the Son and stops before turning away "thanks" he says without looking back and resume their way.

"don't think we are friends, it's only because we have a common goal" woohyun shouts to what hoya only waves his hand.

My friends are about to leave when I make a rash decision: to confront them. But sungjong grabs my arm.

"what are you doing?" he scolds me.

"let go" i try to break free.

"no" he tightens his grasp "I didn't bring you hear so you could give us away"

I'm about to apply some self defense movement...

"let her go, sungjong"

we both gasp when we see Woohyun and Sungyeol standing in front of us.

"h-how?" the blonde stutters.

"seriously?" the oldest scoffes "you are 20 years late if you think you can win against me in this job. I could tell you were tracking  my phone"

He doesn't look surprised or scared, but maybe he is hiding his emotions like he was trained to.

"why aren't you angry?" sungjong asked before me.

"oooh, I'm so angry right now, but you'll see when we get home. And bout you, Ami - he looks at me and my stomach flips - I'm so dissapointed"

"So am I. I never expected you to meet the Kan you hate so much behind my back...if it wasn't for sungjong..."

"He doesn't know what he's done right know" Sungyeol fulminates the new guy with a glare.

"I demand an explanation before I assume you are a traitor"

he eyes both men "leave us alone. scan the perimeter, confirm there's no one listening"

"No way! For all I know you could be a traitor" sungjong steps forward and glares at them.

"do you think i am capable of hurting her?" woohyun asks with a deep voice

"who knows. you just met with the kan"

"stop" yeol orders sungjong

"it's fine, Sungjong. Of course he won't hurt me, you can be sure of that" I meddle in.

The blonde boy tries to protest but I nod again to reasure him it's okay so they finally leave us, sungyeol almost draggin sungjong but I'm still a little on guard.

"are you going to confess what's going on? or should I ask the Kan?" I cross my arms on my chest, not to look baddas but because i am freezing.

"Why did you follow us?"

I look away, so I don't have to answer. I'm even pouting like a brat. He steps closer and I move back instictly.

"You've been hiding something from me, haven't you?" I finaly look him in the eye.

Woohyun, who I trust the must, hesitates.

"I guess I can't deny that now. But still you are better off without knowing" he turns his back on me

"Isn't that for me to decide?" I grab his arm and make him look at me.

"No, it's not when it involves our lives too" he almost pleads

"what are you talking about?" 

"Please, don't ask anymore" he pleads again, I am affraid he might get on his knees any minute "just stay the way you are now"

"I can't! I've been having this weird dreams lately and I can't brush off the feeling that something is missing and now what I just heard... what exactly have you've been hiding from me?"

"what did you hear?!" woohyun grabs my shoulders with more strenght than necesary; his face is twisted between fear and anger.

"from something about lost memories, myungsoo being tortured and all the way to the end"

His grip on my shoulders loosen up before he takes a deep breathe and starts taking off his long coat with a defeated look.

"this might be a long story" he places the warm cloth over me "so make yourself comfortable"

he looks down looking for a point to start with, he is unconsciously biting his lower lip. I know he doesnt want to do this and in other circumstances I'd feel horrible for pushing him against the wall like this but I need answers.

"woohyun?"

"Ami. Promise that you'll believe everything I am about to tell you and that you'll never tell your parents or anyone what I said. For your own good and ours"

I'm not going to lie. This is getting scarier.

"Okay, I promise"

he lets out a very loud sigh, I see the white smoke coming out from his mouth.

"I've been meeting these guys since a year ago because, you might not remember it but we used to be...on good terms thanks to you and Myungsoo"

"me?"

"before your accident...you - he gulps down- you were going out with myungsoo"

I repeat his words in my mind "What?" a laugh escapes me "how is that even possible. That you or my fahter would let me date a psycho, moreover, a Kan?"

"We don't  know how you two met, that's a secret you and him keep in the bottom of your minds till today. But your father found out only after your accident... I knew it because you told me, I am your best friend after all"

I feel his words piercing trough my chest, as if he is blaming me for not answering his feelings.

"You mean, I know myungsoo since a long time ago and I don't remember him?"

"you forgot everyting related to him and his friends; even the accident"

"I assume the accident is related to him. was that one of his murder attempts?"

"yes but no. you tried to unify the clans by marriage and eloped but... - he makes a pause - something went wrong and your car fell from that cliff, resulting in you losing his memories but he...." he stops again.

Woohyun looks in pain, not only because of the cold air, but remembering all this must be difficult for him. This entire time he had to keep this secret from me, watching me move on while leaving and important part of my life behind. Living in a lie.

"It's okay, you can stop there if you want"

he shakes his head "No, it's not right... You know, myungsoo wasn't like this before, he's the completely opposite from the man he used to be" 

the remembrance of the old days makes his lips curve in a bitter smile.

"he was a weaklin, that depended too much in Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungkyu. He hated to fight, even though he was strong and tried to solve everything trough words. I think that was what made me trust him"

Woohyun gets close to me and fix his coat so that it covers me even more.

"even sungyeol trusted him. You know there was this time when Hoya and Sungyeol got into a fight and Myungsoo tried to break it but he just jumped in and Hoya accidentaly hit his face so hard we heard his cheek; so he asked his leader to hit him back, but Myungsoo just laughed it off so the fight could end there. Do you think the actual Myungsoo would do that?"

"Of course not"

"That's right. the old myungsoo was very much like you but, that was before the accident. He woke up before you but he couldn't even his name so I don't know what they did to him that turned Myungsoo into the monster he is now"

 

 TO BE CONTINUED....

................................................................................................................................................................

Don't forget to comment, vote and share!!

If you are still here after all the time I take to update this fanfic, then let me tell you: YOU ARE THE BEST!! THANK YOU!