the greenhouse

BLANK

It's been several days since Woohyun kissed me; several awkwárd days but no one has mentioned a thing. I assume neither sungyeol or sungjong know about it because they've been acting like usual, but they were trained to hide their emotions so this must be a kid's play for them.

We've been meeting to discuss the projects that my father assigned us but it's just that: bussiness. as soon as we finish he storms out of the room, he doesnt come by my room anymore.

I still don't know why I rejected woohyun like that but I didn't think it would affect him so bad. his face is dry of emotions and he is been spacing out a lot, that is something I've never seen on him.

Right now we are heading to meet the owner of a large residential area located on Son territory but Myungsoo is planning to buy, that's like a major insult in a war between families and also if this was an old battle, it'd be like his throops are advancing into the enemy

we arrive at the complex, sungjong opens the door for me before I step out of the car followed by Sungyeol and Woohyun,and walk to the front desk, where a formally dressed youn man greets me with a formal yet welcoming smile.

"Welcome, Miss Son" his smile grows wider as he stares to me and reaches out "my name is jonghyung. I am the landlady's personal assistant"

"hello, thank you for having us" i take his hand and return the gesture.

jonghyung walks us to an elevator where the silent is even more awkward.

"I can't believe, the Son heiress is so young. I was expecting and older person to show up" the guy tries to break the ice but his shyness is not helping at all.

Sungyeol looks at Woohyun whose eyebrow twitches as he tries to suppress a taunter smile.

Sungjong scoffes and rolls his eyes with all the sass on him "Don't even try. stay in your league, okay?"

I stare at him wide eyed, trying to scold him while Jonghyun must be wishing for the earth to split open and eat him.

"Don't mind him" I try to ease the embarrassment on him.

"don't get fooled by her appearance. she IS next leader after all" woohyun remarks to no one in specific.

thank goodness the elevator's door opens and so we head to an office that immediately gives me a warm feeling maybe because of the sun coming from the crystal glass and the wooden floors and furniture.

"welcome" a woman that looks like she is on her fifties(even though I was informed she is on her sixties) stands from one of the couches placed in the middle of the room "please take a seat"

she is wearing a white dress and covering her shoulders with a bohemian scarf.

why would someone like her had anything to do with the Kan?

I sit but my friends remain standing behind me; Jonghyun looks intimidated by the three of them, and he is right to be.

"Let's skip the formalities and go straight to the point" she says lacing her fingers infront of her as her assistant place a folder with a few documents on the tea table in front of us "you want this villa"

"yes, I do"

"but I already planning to sell it to someone else"

"Kan Myungsoo" i assume

"how do you ...well, not exactly"

Well, that is good news for our clan, but it is suspicious for myungsoo to let go of a deal like this"

"Then, who is it ?"

"To doctor kan seo joon"

Sscratch that, the kan are still involved.

"Are there any possibillities you will consider our offer?" I softly ask the lady

" i dont think so" she firmly amswers as she stands up amd so do i "now, if you excuse me i have something else to do" she point the way to the exit with her hand.

I open my hand for woohyun to place the black envelope on it.

"I bet mr kan is blackmailing you, with this"

the pictures slide on the table below her horrified face; they show her in some compromising moments with a younger man that is not her husband; her main source of income.

she strutter trying to ask how dis we got these and seats again.

"if the Kan know, we also know" I answer "but seriously, ma'm, you should chose your partner carefully next time; he sold you to a very low price even though you were trying to use the money from this villa to elope with him"

Jonghyun, her assistan is starstruck watching our conversation while sungjong is pleased at his reaction. sungyeol crosses her arms and exhales concerned at how this is going to end.

"It wasnt easy to get this before them"

woohyun, next to me, stares at the woman debating about what to do.

"So here is the deal, you sell this villa to us and we'll get rid of the evidence"

She sighs defeated

.........

After we finish signing the contract and all the paperwork, me and my friends head back home. I'm on the phone with my dad telling him the good news, he congratulates me and says I've become more reliable. I dont know how i should feel about that, since that means I am more of a Son leader but less like myself.

"Shouldnt we go celebrate or something" sungjong suggests once i finsh the call.

"No, we shouldn't. Sungyeol and Ami just recovered from their wounds and it's really suspiscious that those guys havent tried to get back at us" woohyun states without taking his eyes off the road.

"By the way, who is that kan seo joon?" The youngest asks

"He is myungsoo's second uncle. Something like his father's cousin" woohyun replies

I look at sungyeol, maybe he remembers something about him but he doesnt even flinch.

"He must be replacing myungsoo at the moment. He should be next in the line of succession but can't become the leader, unless Myungsoo is gone without a heir" Sungyeol bitter voice but calm profile amazes me.

"So are we going to party or not? Just a drink is fine, as long as we stay in our territory, right?" He insists.

"Lets go, its been a long time since we got to relax" i smile and sungjong grins at me. The other two try to protest at first but ended up agreering.

We arrive at a sports bar and take the fartest table before we order some wings, drinks and enjoy ourselves. The place is really crowded at this hour but there is no trace of danger around.

"So you are plNning to go back to school?" Sungyeol formally ask.

"Yes, i should finish what i start right?"

"Prude" sungjong coffes before drinking from his coke

"And what is wrong with thAt?

woohyun is looking at us, entertained by the starting bikering as he takes a sip from his beer.

"You are young, beautiful and rich. If i was you, i'd be going around enjoying life"

"Trust me. You dont want to be me" i take a pice of carrot and dip it in the dressing

"She is right" sungyeol bites one of the chicken wings

Sungjong is qbout to say something but his eyes caught someone among the crowd, right by the pool table. We follow his line of vision and i immediatelly want to hide as I recognize Dongwoo and Hoya playing billards, they hven't noticed us.

"we should go" Sungyeol suggest

"no" woohyun surprises everyone with his answer "they are on our territory"

"we cant put Ami in danger anymore"

"it's okay, as long they are just playing" i try to minimize the tension between my bodyguards "we should avoid unnecesary fights now that sungyeol is not at his best"

"there must be a reason why they are here" sungjong says without averting his eyes from Dongwoo "let's just wait and see what they are up to"

a few minutes pass and they seem to be only having fun playing and winning against two other guys that must be from their clan as well by the way they are dressed all in black like hoya and dongwoo. black is the color of their clan, it seems.

they finally leave and we can relax. or so i thought... because just as they were about to leave. Hoya turns around as if we've had called his name. he looks surprised for an instant and pats dongwoo's shoulder.

"just leave already" i mentally beg but they are already walking towards us.

I see my friends' shoulder getting tense as they step infron of our table.

"well, well. isn't it the almighty Son Ami and her dogs?" hoya chants with a mocking smile.

"it's me. but what are you doing here? did Myungsoo finally unleashed you?" I reply trying to stay calmed.

"as feisty as always I see" Dongwoo snikers and grabs one piece of chicken from our plate. completely ignoring sungjong

"what are you doing here?"

"this place has the best chicken in this city; and since a certain someone disabled our leader -hoya looks at woohyun- we've got some time off"

Sungyeol told me woohyun shot myungsoo but was it that bad?

"Isn't okay of we are here just like turists?" dongwoo looks at me and still ignoring sungjong

"Of course" i smile politely and my friends looks at me like I've grown a second head.

Something flashes on our enemies face, something that tells me they are satisfied with my answer.

"But who would have though you guys actually hang out like normal people" dongwoo tries to provoke us.

"We are normal people" sungjong makes him look at him"

"It's because you don't know them like we do" he sneers back "they've always been so...so -he taps his chin- so not Kan-like"

He said always but I just recently met them at school. Have they been spying on us? It reminds me of how I didnt k ow myungsoo but then I had that dream.

"Sounds like you know us quite well" woohyun says trough clenched teeth.

"We do. Like how you"ve always been on the friendzone" hoya mocks my friend.

"Well then if you'll excuse us" they make a dramatic reverense before heading out. Dongwoo pulls hoya from his jacket.

They finally leave this time and I let out a deep breathe I was holding.

The mood was ruined for the rest of the night, no matter how many times we tried to lift it.

We arrived home and I went straight to my room to get a shower and sleep After I put everything in order for school tomorrow, I'm so excited to go back and have a 'normal' life again. or at least as normal as possible after meeting Kan Myungsoo.

Just when I'm about to head to my bed, something, outside my window catches my attention so I get closer to have a better look.

"is that...sungjong?"

He was supposed to be guarding my room but my newest bodyguard is sneaking up through the garden, following someone I couldnt see that just got in one of our black cars.

I quickly grab my phone and call him; he sees the number and answers immediately.

"where are you going?"

I hear him curse under his breathe.

"Woohyun and Sungyeol just left again. aren't you curious to know where they are going?"

I hesitate for a second because I trust them, even with my life but things had been pretty suspicious lately...

"okay"

"meet me at the west wing patio in less that 5 minutes or am leaving without you" he orders and hung up.

"who is the heiress here?" i ask to no one.

i literally run and put my sneakers on as fast as I can before flying out to the halls. I take a turn to the drawing room and stop in my track as I see the main door is also being guarded.

"Miss. Ami where are you going?" one of the security men ask alarmed.

"I'm going to take a walk on the patio"

"let one of us acompany you" the built tall man in black suit asks.

"no need, Sungjong is acompanying me"

They look at each other as of they don't believe. Time to enter 'heiress mode'

"Are you going to move or what?" i place my hands on my hips and rise an eyebrow.

I feel bad for them as they quietly move aside and i walk out troigh the door.

I resume my race one im out of their sights and finally meet my blonde friend, even though he is wearing a black hoodie now, there area few strands of golden hair off. We are now at the darkest spot of the house, if I remember correctly, this used to be a greenhouse long time ago but it was abandoned once my grandma died and no one comes here that often.

"Where were you? I was about to leave" he nags.

"Lets go" I say.

"I found this the other day, it leads you to the other side of the wall...

He removes a couple of dried leaves and branches from what looks like a wooden door on the ground.

"...how come you didnt know about this."

Ive seen this before

Images of myself opening that door on a night like this flashes through my mind, was it a dream or just my mind playing tricks?

By the time I snap back to reality, I'm already left behind by sungjong who is already in the tunel, ligting up the way with his phone. The path looks well conservated for something that has been abandoned for so long.

Something is off.

"Do you know where they are going?"

"No, but i can track their phones even if the location has been turned off"

"Are you some kind of hacker or what?"

"No, you are just too...not much into gadgets" he makes a pause but doesnt stop walking "just like dongwoo"

I cant ask anything else as he walks ups the ladder and pushes open another wooden door  that lead you a few meters away from my home's wall.

We finally caught up to where their phones guide us: a cargo area at the pier. I spot the car but neither sungyeol or woohyun can be seen around. Well, theres a log of huge containers so finding them is going to be hard.

I should have worn warmer clothes, I am freezing already and the sea breeze is not helping at all.

"I told you to keep her away from him" i hear someone yell but i cant tell where.

"She is not a puppet" this time i recognize woohyun's  voice closer in the wind.

"She is going to get us all killed'

"She cant even remember, dammit! Myungsoo is a bigger treat"

We follow their voices until it what they are saying is clear. Sungjong and i lean against the red object, they are on the other side.

"What do you think will happen if they recover their memories, huh? We'll have to kill each other just to protect them from ourselves; that is if the elders doesnt kill us first"

"They cant kill Ami, she doesnt have relatives. But Myungsoo's life is at risk, he has many cousins" sungyeol affirms.

"Thats why the elders will go after her: no more Ami, no more Son Clan"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Did you watch the eye mv? It wAs soodgkgvdkgveoydgevldygveev 😍 and it gave me a lot of ideas 

Right now i am sick again 😷 so no more proof reading hope you are doing better than me...

Anyway, leave a comment. Comments are love ❤️ and sharing is caring...