Keep your friends close...

BLANK
 

Myungsoo's POV

"You were in love with Son Ami"

Hoya's words have been echoing in my head during the entire week.

What happened to me? What did I forget? How long has it been since then? Who can I trust?.

I look out my window and stare at the full moon like it could give me all the answers I need.

One thing I remembered is that Woohyun helped that night but it doesn’t look like I can trust him since he wanted to kill me the other day.

Second. The Sungyeol guy knows something for sure but I have to think of a way to get the words out of him. We got along before but He obviously tried to kill me. Saying I wasn’t supposed to survive...

Third. Son Ami. She was with me in the accident but when I met her at school she said she didn’t know me; either she is a good actress or she was saying the truth. Plus, I didn’t know there was a heiress in the Son family, how is that possible when I'm the leader of the clan. Same goes for her how could she not know about me.

My friends also know something but they can’t say it. And I won't push them for their sake... just for now

The elders are pulling the strings in this show but they shouldn’t know I am starting to remember.

Damn it!

I release my frustration punching the wall. My knuckles are busted but I could care less. I need answers and I need them now.

I grab my jacket and skip out of my room.

I find Sungkyu, Hoya and Dongwoo down the staircase.

"You are going to help me, want it or not" I don’t wait for them to ask a thing "let’s go"

Dongwoo and Hoya smile smugly but Sunggyu looks taken aback yet he follows me without a word.

When we get in my car Dongwoo finally ask where we are going.

"To meet Sungyeol"

They gulp simultaneously.

"why?" hoya inquires from the back seat.

"I need to get some words out of him" I say as I speed up

"Calm down, L" Sungkyu's voice is full of concern next to me.

"Don’t ask that!" i snap at him "I need to know what is going on"

"He is right" for a moment I thought Dongwoo was talking to me but he is saying that to Sunggyu "he needs to know some things now that he has started to remember"

I drift among the late night traffic not clearly seeing the road because of the anger crawling up but my instincts are pretty accurate.

They all sigh defeated

"Myungsoo... You and her tried to unify the clans and as a result we were ordered to kill you" hoya admits not making eye contact from the rearview

I step on the brakes out of a sudden and their head almost hit the front seats

"You what?" i gape

"Of course we didn’t accepted" Sunggyu quickly declares

"But there was someone who actually obeyed the orders" Dongwoo continues.

"Sungyeol" I say to myself. I still don’t know how much I should trust these three. So if Sungyeol was ordered to kill me that means the Son clan also know about my memory loss and hers. We are on the same boat apparently.

I look at them "how did I want to unify the clans?"

They look at each other awkwardly

"You wanted to marry her and with that sign a truce between the clans so that the territories would be one" Dongwoo rolls his eyes as if it was some kind of joke.

"Nonsense!" I spit.

"If you knew the you from back then you'd threw up" hoya scoffs "but that's not for me to tell"

"So are we going to get Sungyeol or not?" Sunggyu who has been quiet silent finally speaks. he is trying to change the subject.

"Do you have any pictures or evidence of me before that happened?" I push.

"No, they deleted everything related to you and her, even our phones were destroyed and we are not allowed to use social media, remember?" hoya keeps explaining.

"Right...well, let's get some answers"

AMI's POV

After being discharged from the hospital I stayed at home two days but I couldn't endure it any longer than that.

"I want ... no, I need to go to school" I whined to Woohyun who is sitting at my desk, there are lots of documents scattered on it, he was reviewing some charts on his laptop before turning to me.

He has been working on my father's assignment like his life depends on it. I help him from time to time but he insists that I should rest.

"You don't need to, actually. You are a heiress and your life is arranged since the day you were born" he huffs.

I roll my eyes and give him a death glare.

"Just kidding" he chuckles after a minute of tension "but, why would you want to go? You’ll most likely run into Myungsoo, who just tried to kill you"

The thought made my throat feel dry and closed.

"I'm not afraid of him"

"You are not? Then relax your hands" he looks down and I finally realize my hands were clenching in a tight fist. My fingertips are turning white.

"You know you can stop me" I dare him "you must obey me, right?" I don’t like to use the 'heiress card' against my friend but he is leaving me no choice.

"I must obey our leader, and that is your father. He can stop you, even if he is not here at the moment" the tone in his voice and the scowl on his forehead tell me I hurt his pride.

"I'm sorry Woohyun" I lower my voice and head.

The door opens and Sungyeol enters the room, he nods at me to greet me not skipping his formal attitude.

"I need to talk with you" he says to Woohyun, he stands up and moves in front of me with a big step, I feel his hand gently patting my head and leaves the room silently.

The concerned look on Sungyeol's face makes me follow them in secret to the main office. The door is very thick so I cannot hear what they are saying so I sneak out (as fast as having a broken arm allows me) and spy from a window.

"I've got word that Myungsoo have been looking for information about accidents near the route where Ami had her accident last year" Sungyeol says with lower voice.

Woohyun goes pale all of a sudden, just like he had seen a ghost.

"He is remembering?"

"I think so, don't worry. The elders took care of everything. They won’t find a thing"

"I know, but what if he comes after Ami when he remembers everything? What if he comes after you?"

"Let him" Sungyeol has an evil grin on his face "I've wanted this since a long time ago"

Woohyun sighs and facepalms himself "Let it go, Sungyeol. He had nothing to do with what happened to your parents"

"It is not only against him, I'll destroy their entire clan just like they killed my family"

"Even if they were your family once?"

I cover my mouth to prevent them from hearing me gasp.

"They threw me away like I was disposable. Even you, who'd had been my enemy before, took me with you and allowed me to be here even after finding I was a Kan" Sungyeol lowers his eyes, his gaze turning darker, like he had returned to an obscure memory.

"Stop it. I don't care whose son you are as long as you are my friend" Woohyun playfully punches him in the arm forcing a smile on his face. "Anyway, we have to stay alert. Myungsoo is reckless and will try to get answers by all means.

“yes" he answers politely and turns to face Woohyun when he is out to leave " I wonder: If I was the Kan's leader like I was supposed to would we still be friends.

"I doubt it" Woohyun answers immediately

Then it happens, Sungyeol eyes move past Woohyun's shoulders and blow wide, the latter follow his line of vision and goes even paler.

"Damn it" they both say as they spot me spying on them.

I run as fast as I can but when I reach the door they are already there. Eyes looking down at me and arms crossed on their chests. I ignore the piercing pain in my arm. Note to self: never run with a broken arm again.

I feel intimidated for a second and then I ask myself 'why would I be?'

"You two have a lot to explain" I look at them in the eyes.

Sungyeol is mortified and he is not even trying to hide it and. So is Woohyun.

"How much did you hear?" the older asks

"Almost all I think"

He sighs and frowns "let’s go to your room"

Once in there, Woohyun closes the door and Sungyeol stands by the window.

"Just in case" he says playfully.

I gulp down the anxiety lump in my throat and place my hands on my lap after sitting on my desk.

"What happened to your family?" i try not to sound rough but I’m eager to ask.

"My father was the previous leader of the Kan family but he suddenly died in a car crash when I was around two" again, he wasn’t here anymore, he had traveled to the past "the. His brother, myungsoo's father threatened to kill my mother and I if we didn’t left the city so that the elders would think we died too...how merciful" he smiles sarcastically.

"But I thought you were an orphan..."

"I am...my mother died years later" he bitterly replies and I instantly regret asking.

“he was out of control when I found him" Woohyun adds, Sungyeol sends a look to him as if saying it wasn't necessary to say that.

"Did you know he was a Kan when you recruited him?" I ask emotionlessly

There is a long pause and I silent conversation going on between them before they finally replies.

"Yes" Woohyun averts his eyes from mine and Sungyeol looks down ashamed.

I try not to gasp "okay. I suppose my parents don't know about this, right?"

They shook their head no.

"Oh my god, you are Myungsoo's cousin then..." I whisper "that's like saying keep your friends close but your enemies even closer, literally" I'm still processing all the info I just got.

A loud bang on the door startles us. We are about to look at each other but Sungjong doesn’t wait and enters the room, he is panting as if he had run a marathon.

"What's wrong?" Woohyun steps forward.

"The Kan are at our door"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the 2 months wait! D:  What do you think will happen next?

Don't forget to comment and vote, okay? ;)

This is how I imagine Myungsoo and woohyun in BLANK. I'll post the other members in the next chapter