The meeting

BLANK

Myungsoo’s POV

“I’ve felt like been staring at several times since this morning, it’s annoying but I can’t find who it is. It must be a guy since I’m pretty used to be the object of the girl’s attention; and if it happen to be a guy I’ll make sure to beat the … agh!! I have other things bothering me right now like: what is that dream I’ve been having lately where I’m falling off a cliff. It’s scary as hell”

“Hey! L!” I hear Sunggyu calling me out from the school’s gate. He is there with two random girls (probably the new members of the band) and Hoya.

I shake off all the thoughts from a moment ago and put on my best confident mask like always as I walk to them.

“What’s up? I heard you got into a fight yesterday” He ask with a proper tone, as usual. if I didn’t know him I would never had guessed he was in the same band as the scumbags Hoya and me. Being the smart, refreshing and well-mannered rich guy he is.

“Nah, you can’t call it a fight” I change the subject quickly so I don’t scare the new girls (he is probably interested in one of them) but it really was a fight with those guys from that damned Son family or better said: Clan. They keep coming into our territory a lot lately.

“So… are you going to introduce me to the ladies or not?” I smirk and watch them melt as expected from my experience.

“Yeah, this is Nana and Yuna” voice and guitar. She points to the later one to tell me she is the one he likes but I really don’t give a damn about neither of them as long as they play their instruments to our level. And Hoya is probably interested in the first one so I’m being used as a bait to get closer to these two.

“Nice to meet you, I guess. First you have to pass the audition” I start to explain but the feeling of being watched interrupts me; thankfully Hoya starts to talk before they notice I’m looking from one side to another like a paranoid cat to find those brown eyes averting from mine before I could notice.

“It didn’t look like she was hiding though” I say to myself as I continue to watch her walking past me and my band as if we weren’t there. Her wavy hair left the aroma of vanilla and I can’t help but to feel enraged and nostalgic at the same time for an unknown reason.

Who is her?

“L” Hoya snaps at me and I look at him for a moment en though I want to keep looking at her small figure walking away

“What?” I snap back

“We need to get going to practice” his eyebrows arch up in the most annoying way possible.

“Sorry but I can’t go today” I smile politely “Ladies, I leave these two in your care” I say while I start to jog my way out of school to my car, parked in its special spot in the parking lot. One of the props of being the heir of one of the most influent families in town.

I drive as slow as permitted by the law (not because I care but for my own safety) until I finally spot her getting into a coffee shop called Café de Sol. I remember Sunggyu said it has the best cakes in town or something but I’m not into sweets.

I park my car in front of the shop and after finding no specific reason to why I’m following, almost stalking a complete stranger or why I shouldn’t go and discover it, I walk in the building and take a seat.

She is taking the order of a girl that looks out of place and I’m trying to take a proper look at her face and remember her but it’s no use. I have no idea where I have met her before.

Her eyes move to me and she takes out a pen and a notepad and she is standing in front of me before I could think anything else. If looks could kill, I swear she would have me drop dead on the floor right now.

She is gorgeous and that upsets me even more.

Those round, sparkly eyes, those full lips and that fair skin; why can’t I remember her?

“are you ready to order, sir?” she asks me with a fake smile and I return the gesture expecting some reaction from her but all I get is her turning around and saying she’ll come back five minutes later. God bless the name tag on her uniform: Mia.

When she comes back to take my order I clear my throat and ask directly.

“have we met before?” I try my best to not mutter as anxiety is starting to take control of me.

“I don’t think so” Mia takes a glance at me and frowns, she is obviously uncomfortable “Can I take your order now?” she presses the pen against the paper.

“Mmm… I think I’ll have an espresso”

“right away” she dismisses herself and I’m left with my doubts again.

 

My coffee is fuming and I’m thinking about the dream again: it started a week ago, I’m driving on a rainy night and all I could see is the water hitting the windshield, I’m wearing clothes I would never use and my voice is shaking when I speak to someone I don’t see. After that, everything changes and I’m going down the cliff inside my car the fear and screams seem so real that I wake up in that part every time.

 

 

Mia POV.

“I think he finally left” my friend from work says.

“Thank goodness” I sigh

“He’s hot. Do you know him?

“yeah…well, no. he is in the same school as me and that’s all I know” I reply omitting the part that there’s something about him that makes me feel like I want to cry.

The door to the locker room opens and the manager enters.

“Mia, your ehm… friend is waiting for you outside”

“which one?” my coworker interrupts with a playful grin.

“the usual one” my boss answers with the same expression.

I hurry up and change into my previous clothes and walk out where the familiar and comforting face of my bestfriend is waiting. I say that but he just considers himself nothing more than my bodyguard.

“Woohyun!” I greet him enthusiastically. “did you wait long?”

“yeah, my legs are hurting” he nags at me

“you liar” I kick him softly and he doesn’t bother to dodge him “ I told you I can walk. Our home is not that far”

“it’s your home. And girls shouldn’t be walking around late at night.” He takes my purse and start walking.

“No one is going to kidnap me” I roll my eyes “you don’t have to worry about me”

“I’m not worried about you, I’m worried about the person who kidnaps you. They would be in great danger” he scoffed and I kick him again but this time he flinches for real and I feel like the worst person in the world.

“I’m so sorry”

“It’s nothing, just a bruise”

“did you fight again?”

“Nope” he lies and I glare at him “okay just a little but those Kan guys keep getting in our way”

“Here we go again with that Kan versus Son story” I huff and he rolls his eyes this time.

“You should be more serious about it, Mia. This city would be completely yours if the Kan family hadn’t stole it in the past”

“That was like centuries ago. We are okay the way we are now”

“It’s about our pride”

“Let’s stop talking about it…” I begin to say but stop when I notice his jaw and whole body tensed all of a sudden. I follow the line of his sight only to find the face that as been haunting me the whole day. That guy from school is leaning against a wall with his gaze firmly fixed on my friend.

“what’s wrong, Woohyun?”

“Mia, you should be fine going home from here”  his voice has become deeper and he has his fist clenched on his sides “Go”

“Who is he?” I stare.

“He is the leader of the Kan family”

The black haired guy reincorporates and shows us a wicked smile as he moves closer. Woohyun quickly stands in front of me, like a shield.

“So you are a Son,huh?… no wonder why you pissed me off so much”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello everyone! finally after about 4 months I get to update this! Hope you liked and don;t forget to comment!

If you have read the Dragon and the lion, you probably noticed that the coffee shop is the same! and "you" have a cameo

well, it's about 4:00 AM so I have to sleep. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year!

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND UPVOTE AND SHARE!

xoxo