The Bonfire Part II

BLANK

They climb up to the road and stand on the pavement before looking at the horizon; the wind has become stronger up here; I try to move closer but on my legs slips and steps loudly on an old branch. I pray that they didn’t hear that.

“What are you two doing here?” a voice startles us “without me”

The boys gape at Myungsoo’s stare from a few feet away, he walks to them, his hands are on his pocket giving him a more threatening look.

“We heard Woohyun and Sungyeol were close by” Hoya explains but Myungsoo is not buying it. This is son territory after all.

“what is this place?” he looks around “ a closed road?” he kicks a pebble down the cliff “why was it closed?”

“because they made a new one” Sunggyu answers.

"ive seen this view before" myungsoo says with a dark look.

I dig my nails on a rock and I somehow manage to stop the fall but it'd be a miracle not to be found.

I try to stand up slowly but it’s too late. I hear footsteps getting closer and closer.

"well, well. What do we have here?" Myungsoo down looks at me just when I'm about to stand up; his lips twist in a crooked smile just like a kid who found his favorite toy. A twisted kid.

His friends are behind him, Hoya looks amused by the scene, while Sunggyu remains clam. Their faces under the moonlight look more scary.

"did you lost your way Son Ami?" Hoya asks arching one eyebrow

We stare at each other for a second before my eyes dart to Myungsoo who is waiting for an answer.

I don’t have to reply because my phone's ringtone breaks the nerve-wrecking silence.

My eyes move from them to my pockets and back to them, unsure of what to do.

"Aren’t you going to answer?" Myungsoo questions me.

I move my hand slowly to my pocket without averting my eyes from him. The way he is staring at me is sending chills down my spine.

The call is from Woohyun and I'm even unsure if I should answer and cry for help or just ignore it.

All of a sudden, the phone is snatched away from my hand with a swift movement by Hoya. He answers it before I can protest.

"hello" he smiles as if my friends could see him "how ya doing, woohyun?... Nah, she is fine, we are just having fun" he stares at me, daring me to try to take the phone from him before handing it to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo giggles before raising his voice "just lend her to us for a while"

"Dont come here woohyun!!" I yell hoping that he heard me

He hangs up and gives my phone back

"what do you want?" I glare at them.

"Are you still asking that?" L snorts "well, today I just want you to answer a simple question: why was that road closed? You should know, you are the son heiress" he points the place behind him with his thumb

Sunggyu and hoya glance at each other.

“i dont know" I answer with a questioning look.

He takes a big step towards me so he is standing jus one feet away from me.

"dont play fool"

The sound of boots on the mood makes us turn. Sungyeol is walking towards us

"just in time" sunggyu says.

Myungsoo' POV

That Sungyeol bastard sure knows when to appear.

"watch it, woohyun is hiding" I warn sunggyu and hoya

The scent of vanilla coming from her is about to make me go crazy for some unknown reason and I don’t think I'll be able to guarantee her safety.

I came to this place out of instinct because this is the same cliff of that nightmare that haunts me every night
I didnt expect to find these three here and the road to be closed

This is suspicious as . Specially the rage and melancholy that her scent produces in me. I have to find out what really happened and how is she involved in all this.

Sungyeol glares at me before taking out and pointing a gun to me, these guys sure take guns lightly. Before I blink Hoya is in front of me targeting him. Sunggyu looks to the sides and behind, he got me covered.

"Let her go, L" he hisses

“No” I answer, my voice comes out more severe than I intended.

He suddenly smiles; and we all stare at him, even Ami looks taken aback by his reaction.

“Looks like the roles have switched” Sungyeol says still smiling as if we were the biggest joke on earth.

“Shut up” hoya threatens him.

“Sorry, my bad” he lifts his hands in a fake surrender.

On a split second Woohyun jumps out the shadows and tackles Sunggyu down, his gun rolls away from him; both start to struggle on the floor. Sungyeol takes the chance and kicks Hoya’s gun down but he moves away and fires. The Sungyeol dude covers himself behind a three and fires back.

Ami gasps and tries to run away but I chase after her. She is going up the hill thanks to the shooting; she must be having a mental breakdown because anyone in her right mind would have gone south.

She strip on a three’s root but she is back on her feet in no time, she is pretty fast even though her knees are bleeding. She looks back when she finally reaches the road and I can see the panic on her face.

Is she that scared of me? Well, I’d be if I was her but this feels like dejavu.

“Hey!” I scream but she is not listening “Son ami! Stop!”

I can hear more shots coming from the woods and she stops on her tracks and moves to where the retaining wall should be, looking down for his friends frantically.

“hey” I walk cautiously towards her.

“what?!” she roars but still steps back, ready to run again. She probably hadn’t notice that his foot is extremely near the edge of the cliff.

“easy” I lift my hands “I just want to talk”

She gives me a look as if saying “no freaking way” and takes one more step back and just like I predicted she falls off the cliff but I’m fast enough to grab her by the forearms. Her eyes are wide open and she is trembling as she looks down, her toes are barely touching the ground. if I let go of her, she’ll start rolling down until she crashes with a three or a rock and that’ll be damn painful or worse.

“I want to ask you something…

“I already told you I’ve never met you before” she huffs; half scared, half tired.

“It’s not that. It’s about that Sungyeol, who the hell is he? Answer or you go down” I smile. Her terrified expression is pretty amusing “where does he come from? How does he know me?

“He is my bodyguard and my friend” she remarks the last word and I cringe “you don’t need to know any more than that” she glares at me and I remember what Dongwoo said about her the other day.

“I don’t think you are aware of where you are standing” I tap her forearm with my fingers “It’s no big deal, just tell me and I’ll pull you up”

She remains silent and I sigh exasperated before removing one hand from one of her arms. She gasps and looks at me with widen eyes but she is not asking for mercy, she actually doubts I’ll let her fall.

“What about now? Do you feel like answering?”

Still no answer; god, she is making me crazy!

I remove one finger from her arm, but her eyes don’t waver. There’s something that’s been bothering me since seconds ago: the shooting has stopped.

“just so you know, I’ll let go of you and I won’t feel any remorse. I’ll be able to sleep and move on with my life. So, answer for your own good”

In fact, I just wish she would answer so that I don’t have to let go of her arm. But she is a Son, I can’t show any weakness in front of her

“I thought you wanted to be friends” she finally speaks

“I did but you clearly rejected the idea; right now I’m Kan Myungsoo and you are Son Ami and I’m giving you a chance. Isn’t that nice from me?”

“Why are you interested in Sungyeol?”

“I have my reasons; he seems to be very interested in me and I want to know why?”

Her eyes move right, like she is trying to recall something from the past. She better hurry because I don’t think I can hold her for much longer.

“I... I can’t re….” she starts to talk

“Ami!!”  Woohyun screams a few feet from where we are. Once again he points his gun to me as he slowly moves forward.

, just when it was getting good.

“stop right there Woohyun” I groan but he doesn’t oblige; the loud sound of the bullets being shot echoes in my ears before I can feel the impact in my arms and chest.

Still my hand doesn’t let go of her. It takes a few seconds to realize they are shooting blanks instead of real armor but still they hurt as hell. My free hand moves to press on the wound to minimize the pain.

 

Without a warning Sungyeol appears on the other side and tries to snatch her away.

That’s not happening. No one hurts a Kan and gets away with it.

“good bye Son Ami”

I let go of her arm and push her down before Sungyeol and Woohyun try to stop me. She screams as her body starts the fall.

Woohyun almost jump off the cliff as well trying to catch her followed by Sungyeol.

I don’t know why I feel strangely satisfied for what I did, as if I really wanted to do it. Did I just go mental?

As I continue to watch her fall; something flashes on my mind.

It’s night and I’m inside a crushed car; it’s whole windshield is broken and the ceiling is where the floor should be. I look around looking for someone but no one is there so I go out of the car. My legs give in and I fall to the ground, my hands are shaking and I feel suffocated because of the smoke coming out from the car.

I catch a glimpse at someone’s feet; he is carrying a girl on his arms. As I look up I recognize their faces as well as the road above us; the fencing wall is broken. The girl’s face is covered in blood and her limbs hang down lifeless, even still I can smell the vanilla scent on the wind.

“Sungyeol… help Ami” I manage to say.

He looks down to me with an immense hatred.

“Why did you live? You weren’t supposed to survive” he said trough clenched teeth.

“Why?” my voice came out as like a sigh. I try to stand up but he kicks me down, it is then that I realize the blood running down my forehead.

Just who is that lame person inside my body?

“Myungsoo, to a be a kan… you are pretty naïve” he scoffs before turning away, I try to stand up again but he turns back and kicks me right on the cheek; I can’t control my body as I start rolling down the hill, last thing I remember before everything turned black is the pain of something hitting my head with a rock and his back walking away with her in his arms.

“hey! Myungsoo” a familiar voice echoes in the darkness but I can’t answer “I’ll get you out of here” Woohyun’s voice is full of concern.

 

Just what the hell did I forgot? 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dont forget to vote and comment :D

follow me on twitter: @monykaidee