8..

BLANK

MIA’s POV

It’s Saturday and I have no plans, at least no fun plans. I have to review a bunch of documents, deals and management of the family business. Like today, I will meet my new bodyguard just because of what happened the other day, the bright side of this is that maybe we can become friends and also that I don’t have to face Myungsoo; I know this is what I must do but my heart longs for the aroma of the morning coffee and freshly baked bread; however, all of that is something no one in this clan would ever understand.

I sigh and take one random piece of paper and read its content but my mind doesn’t process it.

“I brought something for you” Woohyun knocks at my open door.

I look back and find him holding a cup of coffee along with a paper bag from the shop I used to work at. He is smiling even though his face has several blue and yellow bruises on it. This is why he is my best friend, rather than a bodyguard; he went through all the trouble to find what I wanted, even if people would stare at him on the streets.

“How did you know?” I take the coffee

“Of course, I’d know” he smiles and sits on the other side of the desk “how is it going?”

“Fine, everything seems in order, but it’s just too much work for one person”

“Are you asking me to help you?” he sends me a playful look, making me smile.

‘Yes, I am’ Is what I’d like to say but I know this must be done by the leader or the heir of the family. I wonder if this would be easier if I was boy or if I hadn’t been in a coma for a year

“Just keep me company. I don’t want to be alone with my thoughts”

I go back to work, reading documents while eating a donut as Woohyun keeps scrolling down his phone screen.

“Good morning” Sungyeol knocks at the door this time before entering the room followed by a young boy dressed completely in black. “I’ve brought him” he informs Woohyun.

"This is Sungjong" Woohyun stands up and pats the guy’s shoulder "he is the best among the trainees even though he was recruited not long ago"

The pretty boy's eyes scan me from toe to head and I can’t help feeling uncomfortable.

"nice to meet you, Sungjong" I smile trying not to sound awkward "but I fail, I can tell by the way he arches his eyebrows before nodding politely.

And here I thought Sungyeol was hard to approach first.

"Any doubts?" I insist in being nice.

"no" he coldly answers

"I hope we get along, you are dismissed for now" my smile is not deceiving him.

Sungjong limits himself to bow politely and walk out of the room.

Sungyeol whistle and arches his brows "that was awkward" he remarks, making Woohyun chuckle.

"why is he acting like that"

"that’s how he is to everyone. Don’t take it to heart, I hope he becomes more friendly as he spends more time with us"

"I don't care" Sungyeol interrupts "if he keeps being an , he is fired"

"is that even possible?" I ask because I’ve never seen someone being fired.

"no" woohyun answers with a cold look.

Someone knows the door and open it before I can even reply.

A young man that I’ve seen before with Woohyun bows as he steps in

"Sir, we got a message about someone from the Kans doing business in our territory"

"what kind of business"

"they are recruiting men"

"those..." Sungyeol starts to curse but he stops for me "I'll go” he says to Woohyun

"No, I'll go too. Tell Sungjong he has to stay guard Ami"

In a rush of adrenaline my mouth reacts faster than my brain.

“I want to go" I don’t even know why I said that.

"no, you don't need to and it's dangerous" Woohyun firmly opposes.

I look at Sungyeol asking for help but he looks away totally letting me down.

"But... I'm..."

"You are the only heiress. And we can’t afford to lose you...again" his voice almost crack at the end of the phrase.

He is been blaming himself for my accident even though it was some idiot that didn’t stop at the red light. And for what I’ve heard he was driving.

"Fine! Just be careful, okay?" I mean it. 
I get anxious every time they go out in a mission and as usual I hug them as if it’s the last time I'll see them.

Sungyeol is taller than Woohyun so my head rests on his chest, he awkwardly wraps one of his arms around my shoulder for a few seconds before letting me go and walk out. He can be a great fighter but he is weak around girls.

Woohyun, unlike our shy friend, makes me nervous, he is looking at me with a gentle yet intense gaze, I feel as if something stings my hear making my body freeze so that I can’t bring myself to open my arms and hug him. It's the first time I've seen him like that and I don't know what to do.
But he doesnt wait, with one step his arms are around my back and he leans forward to rest his head on my shoulder.

"See you later, okay?" He whispers before letting me know after what felt like years.

"dont take too long" I reply

It's been 2 hours and I've got nothing to do now that I finished my duties. So i decided to go shopping art supplies to start a new piece.

"uuuhm Sungjong?" I rise my voice to the guy who is holding the basket full of brushes and oil paint as we walk on the hall looking at the new canvas.

"What?...uh,no. Sorry, I mean yes?"

I giggle at his momentary mental breakdown and he is clearly embarrassed. Probably his attitude from before was because he was too nervous.

"No problem, you can talk informally to me. We are the same age, right?"

"yes"

"Why did you join our clan?" I sincerely ask

He remains quiet for two seconds, looking away from me to the blank canvas on his left.

"Because you are the only ones who can go face to face against the Son clan"

His gaze is ice cold and his jaw and shoulders are way too tense. i can feel his hate towards Myungsoo's family.

"why?"

He doesnt answer and keeps walking in front of me but not too fast or far away.

"so why is an empire heiress like you, buying art supplies. Don’t you have to be learning economy or business" he asks from afar.

"Are you interested?" I say

"Not really" he is scanning watercolor brushes "but since you look like one of those people who wont stop asling questions to get to know me, I should do the same"

"not really" i mock him and for the first time he chuckles "it's not like I dislike being a heiress but its not something i chose so I like to spend my free time doing whatever i want like painting or working part time at a coffee".

"mmmm" his brows arched up in an entertained gesture "you may not know this but there's a fierce competition among the recruits to become part of your bodyguard team. Woohyun is like an idol for us...them" he corrects himself

"For real? And whaat is that for?"

"because he was the first one to become your bodyguard without going through all the trainning yet none of us can defeat him"

"i didnt know that" i admit im quite surprised.

"of course not, for you he is only your best friend" he eyes me.

The words burn my pride but he is right, I had never aknowledged woohyun as something more than my friend, at least not until I saw him pointing a gun towards Myungsoo.

"I dont blame you though, they have pampered you way too much"

"you clearly know nothing, do you?" I cant hide the edge on my voice.

"the question here is: do you?"

"Excuse me?"

"for example, do you know where Sungyeol and Woohyun are right now? You don’t. You will wait in your home until all the dirty work is done and Woohyun had filled a report and tell you nothing happened"

He is right and I hate it

"so... What do you suggest I do? Go and take on a bunch of violent men?

"no but at least you'll understand better by looking from the sides" he is challenging me with a grin.

This boy is different from Woohyun or Sungyeol. I think he probably doesn’t care to put me in danger not because he is very confident of his skills, but because it’s what has to be done regardless of what happens to me.

"let's go" i order and he smiles victorious.

Myungsoo's POV

I ws supposed to be practicing with the band right now not recruiting people. We have plenty of trainees, its not like we are going to war but I still can’t go against the elders, they think I still lack power.

The old warehouse is occupied for around 50 young men, some in their teens and some in their twenties. Of course I'll only pick the younger ones; they are easier ti manipulate.
I’m mixed among the crowd along with my three friends.

There’s a cage in the middle of the building, its surrounded by people screaming and roaring out of adrenaline from the fight between two men inside the metal bars.

I hate this kind of places but illegal fights are the ideal places to find people who would risk their lives for money.

"what do you think?" Dongwoo takes me out of my thoughts

"I dont see any promising candidate"

"or maybe you dont want to see them"

I shrug, not admitting he is right.

"this place is in Son territory, yet I dont see any of their dogs" hoya scans the surroundings with cautious eyes.

"They are too busy taking care of their princess" I say.

A loud thud and the uproar of the people makes me turn to the ring where a man is laying on the floor knocked out.

"That was a good kick" Sunggyu whistles.

"I think I’ve seen enough" I'm about to take my leave when I spot an unwelcomed face on the other side of the cage.

"Speaking of the devil" Hoya says.

Woohyun is looking at us as if he would walk through the cage and beat the life out us. Like a lion in a zoo, they look fenceless but you shouldn’t get close to the bars unless you want your hands being ripped off your body.

His face looks like , just like the Sungyeol guy’s next to him. They are full of bruises and their lips are swollen.

“Looks like someone got punished” Dongwoo remarks with a smirk.

I recall the events, the way she looked so frightened that day and the uncontrollable rage I felt.

“Serves him right” I say.

“what do we do?” Sunggyu asks

“We wait until the make the first move”

I know the Son’s short temper and I’ve learned is best to remain calm until the attack first. I’m proven right when they start walking towards us, followed by his lacky and around ten men more.

I contemplate the idea of calling more people to our side but Hoya, Sunggyu and Dongwoo are enough for now.

“well, well. Isn’t all the Kan royalty gathered here? In our territory” Woohyun scoffs.

“Is there a problem in watching a fight?” Hoya steps forward with a threatening pose but the Son don’t look taken aback. Instead Sungyeol steps forward too, I admit I’m impressed by his guts.

“Watching a fight, yeah sure. Stop playing stupid and get the hell out of here”

The people around keeps ignoring the situation because they’re immersed in the next starting fight. I can’t start a riot here; I don’t know how many of their men remain hidden among the crowd.

“Lets go, there’s nothing even worth it here. No wonder you are damn weak” I scoffs back at him.

“ohooooh want to try?” Sungyeol guy talks back. Proving my theory about their temper right again.

“I’d love to”

That face of his needs more purple and yellow on it.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear readers :D !!

I'm finally able to update after a loooong time. and sungjong finally appears, I like his character because is really straight forward and doesnt hesitate in saying what he has in mind but like every character in this story he has a secret that will be revealed later

I edited a new video for BLANK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1i46e_ur8I

Blank has entered the wattys2015 and I need your support: all you have to do is go to twitter and post the story URL along with the hashtag #MyWattysChoice , every post is a vote (I think) pleasee!!

I hope you liked this update!! Dont forget to vote and comment!

Thank you :)